Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 29, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #42,034 of 42,765
Oct 29, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #42,036 of 42,765
Looks much larger compared to the older mojo. Wouldn’t bet that it will be compatible with poly
Actually, the picture here looks like the same proportions as my current Mojo, and the USB-C is inset, so Poly should mate fine. It may be a bit longer, or bulge down for the new port a bit, but you would need a new case anyway because of the 4 balls. The end view looks identically sized though.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #42,037 of 42,765
But poly is more outdated than Mojo.
Poly's Bluetooth is a basic 4.1 , low definition.
Poly is more in need of upgrade than Mojo.
to make Mojo backward compatible with Poly does not seem like a wise decision.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #42,038 of 42,765
But poly is more outdated than Mojo.
Poly's Bluetooth is a basic 4.1 , low definition.
Poly is more in need of upgrade than Mojo.
to make Mojo backward compatible with Poly does not seem like a wise decision.
Poly isn't meant for Bluetooth.

Oct 29, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #42,040 of 42,765
Poly isn't meant for Bluetooth.
Tell that to Chord!
They thought is was, as they included one.
2go has BT too, albeit an apt-x version, better than poly, but still outdated.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #42,042 of 42,765
I believe his point is that most people aren't buying it for Bluetooth. Bluetooth was more then likely just an afterthought.
Most people who did buy it ! you mean ...
- I don't have any figures, but I bet the ratio of poly owners to Mojo owners is not all that high.
Poly is a niche product for a few - is it outdated?, there is no denying.
Now to make a possible new Mojo update to be backward compatible, solely for the benefit of an outdated device, that is something.
I do understand where you are coming from though, but time will tell.
I suppose Chord know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #42,043 of 42,765
Most people who did buy it ! - I don't have any figures, but I bet the ratio of poly owners to Mojo owners is not all that high.
Now to make a possible new Mojo update to be backward compatible, solely for the benefit of an outdated device, that is something.

Poly isn't old by any stretch of the imagination. I don't see any issues with designing Mojo 2 to work with Poly.

At some point in the future maybe they introduce Mojo 2.1 and Poly 2.0, both with updated USB-C.

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #42,044 of 42,765
Most people who did buy it ! you mean ...
- I don't have any figures, but I bet the ratio of poly owners to Mojo owners is not all that high.
Poly is 4 years old, but was redesigned due to the turn on issue after several months, and the firmware and app have been in constant redesign. As long as the platform can continue to be updated, I don’t see it as outdated at only 4 years.

Also, any thoughts on what the “M” button on the presumed Mojo2 would do? Rob has said that mScaler and dac shouldn’t be in the same box due to noise, so would there be enough benefit to Mojo2 to have different filters or what?

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #42,045 of 42,765
Also, any thoughts on what the “M” button on the presumed Mojo2 would do? Rob has said that mScaler and dac shouldn’t be in the same box due to noise, so would there be enough benefit to Mojo2 to have different filters or what?
Do you really think Chord might squeeze an m-scaler into a Mojo?
Have to wait and see . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back