20151124_203537.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 19, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #42,078 of 42,765
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #42,080 of 42,765
I think is a joke with references to atomic power
An observation for you Sherlock:
- The name of the picture has a time stamp 24 Nov. 2015
- That is about the time Mojo was launched. Oct 15
- the picture was taken professionally, the focus is very good across the picture (Pro lens)
- the sticker has made indentation on the foam above it (on the battery), meaning it was there for real at assembly.
- Knowing Chord and their preoccupation with secrecy, I say they put it there to keep the chip unknown.
Ofcourse it could have been the work of Dr. Manhattan, or perhaps Ozymandias to implicate Dr. Manhattan! weird . . . . ha?

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #42,081 of 42,765
An observation for you Sherlock:
- The name of the picture has a time stamp 24 Nov. 2015
- That is about the time Mojo was launched. Oct 15
- the picture was taken professionally, the focus is very good across the picture (Pro lens)
- the sticker has made indentation on the foam above it (on the battery), meaning it was there for real at assembly.
- Knowing Chord and their preoccupation with secrecy, I say they put it there to keep the chip unknown.
Ofcourse it could have been the work of Dr. Manhattan, or perhaps Ozymandias to implicate Dr. Manhattan! weird . . . . ha?
For me is just very good Great British humor without discarding anything you just said.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #42,082 of 42,765
Perhaps it will be Mojo/Poly type as a single unit.
That could be a possible improvement. The POLY was the biggest piece of crap I have ever paid for. I love my Mojo…but can NEVER EVER recommend the poly. If they figure out how to make it work so that you don’t need an advanced degree in CHORD setups (and I am an hobby network engineer that has set up dozens of networks), it might be interesting. But the POLY was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. And frankly, their support for the POLY was worse than crap…

Nov 27, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #42,083 of 42,765
That could be a possible improvement. The POLY was the biggest piece of crap I have ever paid for. I love my Mojo…but can NEVER EVER recommend the poly. If they figure out how to make it work so that you don’t need an advanced degree in CHORD setups (and I am an hobby network engineer that has set up dozens of networks), it might be interesting. But the POLY was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. And frankly, their support for the POLY was worse than crap…
I'm still waiting for Spotify Connect 😂

Nov 27, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #42,084 of 42,765
I hope the Poly, 2Go, 2yu, are the end of the line and Chord abandons their relationship with Disign Consultants. The projects were a mess and I’d hate to see them repeat the mistake with the Mojo 2.

Nov 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #42,085 of 42,765
Or maybe they can just improve over their platform… they already have an implementation that with some work it would be endgame setup material, and mobile. Personally I’ve had a great time with my poly and the fact that i’ve struggled to replicate the sound quality in desktop without surpassing costs talks about the real quality of the piece.

Not to justify the horrible UI/UX. I think hardware wise they are there. But it’s a perfect example of how bad software really can ruin the product for some, with more than justified reasons.

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #42,086 of 42,765
The POLY was the biggest piece of crap I have ever paid for. I love my Mojo…but can NEVER EVER recommend the poly.

I can absolutely recommend it as a Roon endpoint. But as something that makes it easy to take the Mojo on the go…not so much.

Or maybe they can just improve over their platform… they already have an implementation that with some work it would be endgame setup material, and mobile. Personally I’ve had a great time with my poly and the fact that i’ve struggled to replicate the sound quality in desktop without surpassing costs talks about the real quality of the piece.

Not to justify the horrible UI/UX. I think hardware wise they are there. But it’s a perfect example of how bad software really can ruin the product for some, with more than justified reasons.

I agree with all you wrote. Poly sure does deliver great sound quality though.

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #42,088 of 42,765
mojo is supposed to sound best via optical but the poly chose to use the usb input.
Optical has an advantage when connecting the Mojo to a noisy PC as it can help to keep the noise from passing to the Mojo. But optical isn‘t perfect. The better solution is to connect the Mojo via USB to a low noise source. The Poly is such a source.

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #42,089 of 42,765
Optical has an advantage when connecting the Mojo to a noisy PC as it can help to keep the noise from passing to the Mojo. But optical isn‘t perfect. The better solution is to connect the Mojo via USB to a low noise source. The Poly is such a source.
My suspicion is elsewhere !
think about it, Poly is a network DAC front. It means, data is pushed to it via network .
This means packets of data are sent as requested (similar to USB btw), this data probably goes into a buffer before sending it out.
Now, if data is to be sent out synchronously (I.e. toslink or coax), it needs to be precisely clocked! as the two mentioned interfaces are slave, Poly must act as master and provide a jitter free precision timing, but why should it?
Mojo already has an Asynchronous input (usb) and jitter free clocks.
Poly just buffers the data packets, acts as slave, and lets Mojo pull the data as it needs.
Me think!

Nov 27, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #42,090 of 42,765
I haven't used the optical input on the Mojo since I got it, I'm having a Macbook Pro 13" mid 2014 and a DPX1A, are these pairable with the Mojo via optical? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back