Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #31,531 of 42,773
As has been mentioned, there is nothing bypassed or changed from a hardware standpoint with the Mojo when setting to line-out mode. It's simply a volume preset to output 3Vrms. Nothing less, nothing more.

You can read about the output stage and the line level preset in the third post of this thread.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #31,532 of 42,773

cheers for this canali. super helpful. the sort of answer i've been seeking for some time now.
i'm pretty close to grabbing a used pair from amazon. it is an investment, mind, but it's the sort of thing where i'm absolutely willing to spend on decent quality as long as they keep for eons.
the cms look great too, but i can't merit that price point lol. i may well invest in the cable you linked to at some point too, though i have come across lots of opinions around these parts wrt to their use/quality. if you have experience with something more run of the mill versus the lc-1, i'd like to hear about it.

Consider the HS7's that I have for 400/pair or 200 each. They sound very reference like when fed with a good DAC

it was down to the hs7s and alphas for me.
the hs7s go for $400 used and the alphas $450.

i doubt i'd be able to tell too much of a difference between the two, but i could be wrong.

so far as i can see, any last minute considerations would come down to secondary details: lbs, aesthetic, i/o.
from all the reviews i've seen, there just seems to be that little bit more praise for the alphas, but i'm sure others feel just as strongly about the hs7s.
i can be persuaded!

No, you can control the output level of the Mojo. Absolutely no need for a passive pre.

thank you for the confirmation!

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #31,533 of 42,773
  cheers for this canali. super helpful. the sort of answer i've been seeking for some time now.
i'm pretty close to grabbing a used pair from amazon. it is an investment, mind, but it's the sort of thing where i'm absolutely willing to spend on decent quality as long as they keep for eons.
the cms look great too, but i can't merit that price point lol. i may well invest in the cable you linked to at some point too, though i have come across lots of opinions around these parts wrt to their use/quality. if you have experience with something more run of the mill versus the lc-1, i'd like to hear about it.

it was down to the hs7s and alphas for me.
the hs7s go for $400 used and the alphas $450.

i doubt i'd be able to tell too much of a difference between the two, but i could be wrong.

so far as i can see, any last minute considerations would come down to secondary details: lbs, aesthetic, i/o.
from all the reviews i've seen, there just seems to be that little bit more praise for the alphas, but i'm sure others feel just as strongly about the hs7s.
i can be persuaded!

thank you for the confirmation!

update: i'm springing for the 65s to try for 30 days
(sale of $100 off each at Tom Lee music here in Canada)
with AURALEX mopads ...i have them on stands like these:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/361493982343?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

bluejean cables are made by no bullsh*t, no koolaid company Belkin...solid, proven  bang for buck.

also check on hifishark...lots of audio from all sorts of sites ends up there
https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=focal+alpha+50

WARNING: turn volume all the way down when first trying them...if using your laptop as volume control.
trust me on that one, LOL...start from 1-3% and work upwards...your heart and your hearing
will thank you.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #31,534 of 42,773
Guys, what is a fair price to ask for my AK120 II in mint condition and lightly used? Including shipping and PayPal fees.
I want to sell relatively fast.

Thanks

Probably better to ask in the AK120 thread

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #31,539 of 42,773
Guys, what is a fair price to ask for my Mojo in mint condition and lightly used? Including shipping and PayPal fees.

Thanks

For a fast sale, $400-$425.  Otherwise you can try and ask $450+ if you aren't in a rush.  

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #31,540 of 42,773
  For a fast sale, $400-$425.  Otherwise you can try and ask $450+ if you aren't in a rush.  

Thanks a lot and apologies if someone was disturbed by the question.
It was a genuine one and Ithought it could have been of common interest. No intent to spam!

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #31,541 of 42,773
Just want to confirm something:

Currently using the Mojo and I want to use another portable Amp.

- I read in the 3rd post that we need to set the Line Level of the Mojo - pressed both volume buttons while turning on, they turn Light Blue - Done
- Then connect to any of the 2 3.5mm HP Output of the Mojo to the Amp - Done
- Everything works fine
- Now I want to use the Mojo again - without the portable Amp.
- Turn off the Mojo, Turn it back on - the volume buttons are still Light Blue!
- Did this several times and they are still Light Blue

I know that the manual and the 3rd post says that this shouldn't happen. But in theory, (should this continue to happen ) can I just click on the "-" Volume button to set my volume back again to normal? (Red/Orange colors)

-----------------------------------------

EDIT: Just read this and tried it out - Which solved my dilemna!

Line out mode is an exception, unless you have pressed a volume button while in it. Then the volume you set will be saved, if you did not change volume in Line out mode, it will not save to 3V for obvious reasons.

I guess I might have accidentally pressed on the volume buttons that's why.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #31,542 of 42,773
Guys, what is a fair price to ask for my Mojo in mint condition and lightly used? Including shipping and PayPal fees.

Thanks
$300.00

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #31,543 of 42,773
  Just want to confirm something:

Currently using the Mojo and I want to use another portable Amp.

- I read in the 3rd post that we need to set the Line Level of the Mojo - pressed both volume buttons while turning on, they turn Light Blue - Done
- Then connect to any of the 2 3.5mm HP Output of the Mojo to the Amp - Done
- Everything works fine
- Now I want to use the Mojo again - without the portable Amp.
- Turn off the Mojo, Turn it back on - the volume buttons are still Light Blue!
- Did this several times and they are still Light Blue

I know that the manual and the 3rd post says that this shouldn't happen. But in theory, (should this continue to happen ) can I just click on the "-" Volume button to set my volume back again to normal? (Red/Orange colors)

-----------------------------------------

EDIT: Just read this and tried it out - Which solved my dilemna!

Line out mode is an exception, unless you have pressed a volume button while in it. Then the volume you set will be saved, if you did not change volume in Line out mode, it will not save to 3V for obvious reasons.

I guess I might have accidentally pressed on the volume buttons that's why.
rolleyes.gif

Easy to do by mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back