Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 20, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #31,247 of 42,765
  Some albums actually have a few songs that show a different bitrate which is odd.  I think Joni Mitchell, 'Blue' lights up all the lights.  Can't think of any others off the top of my head.  

I got DAC: 48000Hz File: 48000Hz 24bit 1640Kbps for Blue from Joni Mitchell. And as you said blue light and other 2 white light is on.

But I could get only one blue light from whole Lemonade album. And all are 44000Hz 24Bit and variable bitrates from 1377 to 1650Kbps. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #31,248 of 42,765

I got DAC: 48000Hz File: 48000Hz 24bit 1640Kbps for Blue from Joni Mitchell. And as you said blue light and other 2 white light is on.

But I could get only one blue light from whole Lemonade album. And all are 44000Hz 24Bit and variable bitrates from 1377 to 1650Kbps. 

If the lights are on it is unfolding.  UAPP or Roon will only show the bitrate of the packaged MQA file as it passes through, so if it says 48khz and all the lights are on that means 196khz.  

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #31,249 of 42,765
  If the lights are on it is unfolding.  UAPP or Roon will only show the bitrate of the packaged MQA file as it passes through, so if it says 48khz and all the lights are on that means 196khz.  

Wow! Yes you are right UAPP is in the game before Meridian Explorer 2. And of course UAPP is just sending the folded file to the Meridian Explorer 2 and ME2 unfolds it. I have missed this simple detail :) 

Thank you very much for clearing my mind.
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #31,250 of 42,765
CDM is much more dynamic, thick and musical than Mojo.

I should hope so considering it is more than double the price of the mojo.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #31,253 of 42,765
Mar 20, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #31,254 of 42,765
Hey All,

Is there any way to check the battery health of your Mojo? Mine has been dying on me often over the last little while and I listen with it plugged into the usb power port, so I thought it shouldn't die. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #31,255 of 42,765
Hey All,

Is there any way to check the battery health of your Mojo? Mine has been dying on me often over the last little while and I listen with it plugged into the usb power port, so I thought it shouldn't die. 

Are you sure that's the battery dying and not the overheating protection kicking in?

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #31,256 of 42,765
Are you sure that's the battery dying and not the overheating protection kicking in?

Not the overheating protection...well I don't think so? The red light starts flashing then it dies. It is never hot to the touch when I feel it, warm-ish maybe? It dies as well when it isn't playing/charging at the same time and just playing. I don't think I've ever had the overheat protection kick in, but I could be wrong. 

An example would be, I used it yesterday afternoon. Then plugged it in to charge, and it got a few hours charging. I then went to listen to music in the evening, and it lasted an hour then died. I thought I had maybe pressed the power button by accident, so I started it up again, and the red light was flashing and it died within 30 seconds. This is what makes me think it is a battery problem, but I could be wrong. I'm really not sure. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #31,257 of 42,765
   Not the overheating protection...well I don't think so? The red light starts flashing then it dies. It is never hot to the touch when I feel it, warm-ish maybe? It dies as well when it isn't playing/charging at the same time and just playing. I don't think I've ever had the overheat protection kick in, but I could be wrong. 

An example would be, I used it yesterday afternoon. Then plugged it in to charge, and it got a few hours charging. I then went to listen to music in the evening, and it lasted an hour then died. I thought I had maybe pressed the power button by accident, so I started it up again, and the red light was flashing and it died within 30 seconds. This is what makes me think it is a battery problem, but I could be wrong. I'm really not sure. 

As well as overheating protections, there are battery protections built in for when the battery has been discharged too deeply.
They are described somewhere in this thread, so time to search.

[edit] from post #3
However, if your charger is fine, then it may be that Mojos battery has been discharged more-deeply than usual:

Quote:

.... I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge. 

Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

When charging make sure the battery light is white and not flashing - if it flashes, pull out the charging cable, count to ten, re-attach the charging cable. If it continues to flash, it is most likely the charger is not giving 1A at 5V, so use a better charger.

Rob 

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #31,258 of 42,765

Yea definitely doesn't sound like overheating protection.

Have you done a full charge and made sure the battery light is blue when you start playback? On a full charge mine can easily last a full work day of on and off listening.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #31,260 of 42,765
  As well as overheating protections, there are battery protections built in for when the battery has been discharged too deeply.
They are described somewhere in this thread, so time to search.

[edit] from post #3
However, if your charger is fine, then it may be that Mojos battery has been discharged more-deeply than usual:

Quote:
  Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

When charging make sure the battery light is white and not flashing - if it flashes, pull out the charging cable, count to ten, re-attach the charging cable. If it continues to flash, it is most likely the charger is not giving 1A at 5V, so use a better charger.

Rob 

I have searched, and read the FAQ in the third post. It isn't a one time occurance, so thats why I'm thinking its not the deep discharge problem. 
Yea definitely doesn't sound like overheating protection.

Have you done a full charge and made sure the battery light is blue when you start playback? On a full charge mine can easily last a full work day of on and off listening.

I have done a full charge more than once, it just isn't lasting as long as it used to. FWIW, my Mojo is 9 months old, so I'm quite familiar with how long the battery (used) to last and what not. It is definitely not lasting as long as it once did. This is why I have started using it plugged in to the charging port, so I can hopefully get more time out of it. However, that doesn't seem to be helping much, as it died after an hour last night. 

Just to note, my first Mojo with the issue referenced above never held a charge. I was sent a replacement by the dealer - the replacement worked fine. 

SL

Interesting. My unit isn't brand new, so perhaps its a different problem. Thank you for chiming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back