Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #31,216 of 42,765
Updated USB audio player pro today, as it now supports MQA/Hi Res audio with tidal.

I realise the mojo dosn't support MQA, but the Hi Res tracks i've tried i.e. 24bit/96khz 
seem to play at 24bit/48khz, can anyone explain this??

Through my pc they run at higher sample rates. I'm assuming that UAPP is running android tidal which as far as I'm aware doesn't support master yet - and even if that's changed the first level MQA decode is in the desktop application which might explain what you are seeing

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #31,217 of 42,765
Through my pc they run at higher sample rates. I'm assuming that UAPP is running android tidal which as far as I'm aware doesn't support master yet - and even if that's changed the first level MQA decode is in the desktop application which might explain what you are seeing

I am currently able to listen Tidal Master tracks via UAPP with my Meridian Explorer 2 connected :) The trick is that if you search albums which have master version, you will get 2 listings, one of them is HI-FI the other is MQA version.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #31,219 of 42,765
What headphones?
And what device? Android?
Initial impressions?

I don't have advanced headphones, I have 1More Triple Driver and Rock Jaw Resonate IEM. I will try it more tomorrow (it's midnight here in Turkey, I recently was aware of the update by a friends message) I could not find so much time to listen and compare HI-FI and Master versions.

My device is LG V20  (Android Nougat)

I am expecting better results from UAPP and Meridian Explorer 2 setup, rather than Meridian Explorer 2 on PC. That is because I was already getting a more clear sound from UAPP (bit perfect) Tidal listening through Meridian Explorer 2, rather than Tidal HI-FI on PC through Meridian Explorer 2.  

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #31,220 of 42,765
What headphones?
And what device? Android?
Initial impressions?

I just compared Pray You Catch Me HI-FI vs MQA and I can say MQA is better. But only one track is not enough to decide. And I am not sure if I would choose MQA in a blind test.

I will try to make a test with at least 20 tracks tomorrow, I will play tracks without knowing which is MQA by adding both HI-FI and MQA versions in a play list. And of course I will not look at the lights on ME2. 

I will share my results here :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #31,223 of 42,765
Thanks,
I just ordered the Meridian and also running the V20.
You should look at the Astell and Kern XB10 bluetooth device.
The LG V20 and the XB10 both have APTX HD.
I am using the Sennheiser ie800's

That is nice, but I must say that V20 does not juice Meridian Explorer 2 directly. Meridian Explorer 2 is not a portable solution to use inside your pocket.

I purchased a USB-C to USB 3.0 OTG cable, I was planning to connect ME2 (Which comes with a short Mini USB to USB cable) to LG V20 such way. But when I did, ME2 did not get energy.

Then I have heard that a USB Mini to USB Y type cable setup could work. I connected extra power cable of Y type mini USB cable to a powerbank and ME2 worked! That means you need another source to power up ME2 if you want to connect LG V20.

So please consider this situation.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #31,225 of 42,765
If I line out mojo to ALO CDM and I run the CDM balanced output will it actually be balanced since mojo isn't capable of balanced output?

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #31,226 of 42,765

I am currently able to listen Tidal Master tracks via UAPP with my Meridian Explorer 2 connected :) The trick is that if you search albums which have master version, you will get 2 listings, one of them is HI-FI the other is MQA version.

nice! I noticed the appearance of two Versions of course, but wouldn´t have thought that it actually worked that way...

Does this also work without the Meridian Explorer (at least for 96 kHz of course) ?

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #31,227 of 42,765
If I line out mojo to ALO CDM and I run the CDM balanced output will it actually be balanced since mojo isn't capable of balanced output?

Depends on how the CDM implements the SE line-in to the balanced headphone out. Might be a better question for the ALO CDM thread.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #31,229 of 42,765
Can you provide a link of the adapter you purchased

I have bought from a Turkish online store. I think a cable like following will work (In Q&A section one says it worked for LG V20 - at least to transfer files - I suppose it will also work for Meridian Explorer 2)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01COOQIKU/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1489981906&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+c+usb+otg&dpPl=1&dpID=313wWtrub0L&ref=plSrch

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #31,230 of 42,765
nice! I noticed the appearance of two Versions of course, but wouldn´t have thought that it actually worked that way...

Does this also work without the Meridian Explorer (at least for 96 kHz of course) ?

Yes I was thinking same but I tried when heard that UAPP started to support MQA through supporting DACs.

I am not sure if it works for other DACs, but from what I have read about MQA, it should work. Because MQA tracks will be decoded by every DAC with its maximum supporting capability. Am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back