Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #26,911 of 42,773
Dec 7, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #26,912 of 42,773
Any reviews of the mojo vs oopo ha-2 se?

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #26,914 of 42,773
There's a new wave of research to 'super capacitors' which have much more surface area than the 'super capacitors' of old resulting in more stored Wh power. Graphene (one atom thick carbon) is one of the processes that is a popular area of research, but it's very expensive currently to produce. In Canada they have found a breakthrough with cheap hemp bast, a waste product in the hemp industry, that performs better than graphene and costs much less to produce and process. These techniques are much more promising than the old polymer capacitors in the 5.11 products.

Some American companies are also using a similar process for hemp bast supercapacitors. Either Duracell (or some other established battery company) shuts them down or there will be big break throughs in the coming years when production becomes commercially viable.

Some interesting reading:

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/newsreleases/2014/august/could-hemp-nanosheets-topple-graphene-for-making-the-ideal-supercapacitor.html

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/energy/hemp-carbon-makes-supercapacitors-superfast
Having used supercaps or as they are now called ulracaps even the best types still in the labs are about ten times less dense in energy storage per unit weight or volume than chemical batteries the only present advantage they have is speed of charge and discharge that's why I used them as fast back up of the batteries in the Hugo TT at this job they are superb.

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #26,915 of 42,773
There are a lot of folk on here waiting for the announcement at next years CES! We're all guessing what it could be with rumours of an SD card module being one. Either way, I'm thinking it would make the Mojo a DAP whatever gadget they make.
Can't say much but we are now taking huge orders from those selected few of our partners around the world that have to know a little earlier than everyone else. so they must be impressed. Not long to wait guys:gift:

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #26,917 of 42,773
here's a little image of what we have been grappling with to bring you our next offering

From image, i can guess that this module will be fully collapsed with Mojo like the Apple module, i.e. there will be 3 connectors on this module, those are 2 headphone out and one charging port. Let's see what else my mind can decipher :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #26,918 of 42,773
here's a little image of what we have been grappling with to bring you our next offering

maybe i should read more dan brown books to be able to decipher this :), where are you robert langdon when we need you???

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #26,919 of 42,773

Confirmed its DAP module for Mojo, great job!
Will buy on the spot when this thing is out!

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #26,920 of 42,773
Any reviews of the mojo vs oopo ha-2 se?

Totally different league here, if you watch English soccer, one is Division A while the other is Division B.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #26,921 of 42,773
Oopo haha!!1

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #26,922 of 42,773
some of the recent audiophile stuff played though mojo by me. sara k and chris jones live-stockfish records, doug macleod- there's a time by reference recordings, anne bisson - blue mind and  portraits & perfumes albums by fidelio records and camilio records, diana krall - all for you in 24 96 bu hd tracks. i would say this little magic called mojo can beat many much more expensive gear including some totl analog rig for realism . like all digital equipments mojo is also benefitted with some clean digital input. i feed mojo though fiio x3 2k by a short coaxial cable having few ferrite beads and i never really needed any expensive server/transport/ power conditioner etc this way. i think fiio being a dap and operated by battery helps in supplying a clean bit perfect digital output in a much more hassle free way. with pc using jitterbug with few ferrite chokes there is slight improvement in the form of more fluid sound as the timing comes by mojo, but still fiio route is much more hassle free and elegant solution imho. pc is used mostly used for watching movies though j river chord asio driver. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #26,923 of 42,773
Having used supercaps or as they are now called ulracaps even the best types still in the labs are about ten times less dense in energy storage per unit weight or volume than chemical batteries the only present advantage they have is speed of charge and discharge that's why I used them as fast back up of the batteries in the Hugo TT at this job they are superb.

True, but 12Wh/kg is a large leap forward for capacitors. Hopefully someday we can see it in small devices rather than just the intended larger scale applications like electric vehicles.

Back on topic, I'm looking very much forward to the new module for the Mojo! :D

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #26,924 of 42,773
  Sorry to hear of your problems. Your experience is in sharp contrast to the quick responses that everyone else seems to receive from Chord. I am confident that you will receive a response very soon. 

Sent a question to Chord two weeks ago about technical problems - haven't got a reply yet.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #26,925 of 42,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back