Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 19, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #24,468 of 42,765
@Mython
Thank you for the What Hi-Fi Awards post on the Chord DACs. It made me think to go off and buy the Awards copy.

I have last years Awards copy and I noted the DAC categories have changed. Last year:
The best DAC under £400 was the Oppo HA-2
Then best £400-£800 was Chord Mojo (and Product of the Year).
Then £800-£1200 Chord 2Qute
Then £1200+ Chord Hugo

I wondered a bit why they changed the categories about. Now (as you informed us,) the Mojo sits in best DAC under £500.

Now as you said, it's:
[Dragonfly Black Under £100
Dragonfly Red £100+]
Mojo under £500
2Qute £500-£1000
Hugo £1000+

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #24,469 of 42,765
Maybe brexit is affecting exchange rates, think euros are edging closer to pounds :frowning2:

I just got the Mojo and leather case from Amazon.co.uk today, for about $150 less than what I would have paid at Amazon.com.  It arrived in 3 days too!  I am absolutely ecstatic! 
beyersmile.png

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #24,472 of 42,765
Got my mojo today. I'm wondering if anyone has ran into a compatible issue with amps.
I have an amp works perfect with other dac and cellphones, but malfunctions with Mojo. 

Does the headphone out port you're connecting it to work with your headphones? If so, the Mojo is not at fault.

The other thing to check is to be sure your output level on the Mojo isn't overdriving your amp. You could potentially damage the components in your amp if you overdrive it.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #24,473 of 42,765
Got my mojo today. I'm wondering if anyone has ran into a compatible issue with amps.
I have an amp works perfect with other dac and cellphones, but malfunctions with Mojo. 
Does the headphone out port you're connecting it to work with your headphones? If so, the Mojo is not at fault.

The other thing to check is to be sure your output level on the Mojo isn't overdriving your amp. You could potentially damage the components in your amp if you overdrive it.

This is most likely the issue as the Mojo's line level volume setting is 3Vrms by default in the line-out setting. Try lowering the volume by 4 clicks to get 1.9Vrms to your amp. If it still clips then lower further.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #24,475 of 42,765
This is most likely the issue as the Mojo's line level volume setting is 3Vrms by default in the line-out setting. Try lowering the volume by 4 clicks to get 1.9Vrms to your amp. If it still clips then lower further.

Noob question. For how exactly would you know the supported line level accepted by a particular amp, is there a specific info in the specsheet to look into? For example I have the schiit jotunheim and want to use the mojo as DAC how would you know it is not overpwering it?

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #24,476 of 42,765
Noob question. For how exactly would you know the supported line level accepted by a particular amp, is there a specific info in the specsheet to look into? For example I have the schiit jotunheim and want to use the mojo as DAC how would you know it is not overpwering it?

It's generally a good idea to go with the standard. -10dBV is what consumer audio equipment is typically designed to.

This is about 20dB (clicks) down from the preset, which is double red (I think, just below double yellow). You can move up or down from there to your liking.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #24,477 of 42,765
It's generally a good idea to go with the standard. -10dBV is what consumer audio equipment is typically designed to.

This is about 20dB (clicks) down from the preset, which is double red (I think, just below double yellow). You can move up or down from there to your liking.

Thanks for the info I will try it out later when I get home.

Also another question, I have read on the 3rd page that the color of the balls would be light blue on line out mode(holding the 2 balls on powerup) but mine would lit up with a light purple color in this mode, unless im color blind I think there is something wrong with my unit? I have the mojo for a year now and just started using this line out feature so help.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #24,478 of 42,765

As far as I know most amps are designed to handle 2Vrms as set as the standard for CD player output. The best way to be sure is to contact the manufacturer of the amp and ask what Vrms Input it can handle.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #24,479 of 42,765
Thanks for the info I will try it out later when I get home.

Also another question, I have read on the 3rd page that the color of the balls would be light blue on line out mode(holding the 2 balls on powerup) but mine would lit up with a light purple color in this mode, unless im color blind I think there is something wrong with my unit? I have the mojo for a year now and just started using this line out feature so help.

There wouldn't be a different setting from unit to unit. I think it's just a descrepancy between colour description. For example, others have described the colours in the lower level as brown when I'd say they are red/orange.

Mine are violet when set to line output level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back