Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 3, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #23,566 of 42,765
Reading the whole thread is more a delaying tactic so I don't have to explain a headphone amp and a drone in the same month...

That said, I'll probably cave and order one tomorrow. Hnngh.

Yeah I would say it's better for you if you cave...
Reading the whole thread may delay your purchase but in the end you will probably end up schizophrenic in the madhouse shouting 'digital cables make a difference' and 'bits are bits' :wink:

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #23,567 of 42,765
I'd love to see what a Mojo with a Zynq could do... get Linux booted up on the processor and now you have a very good starting platform for a DAP.

It'd take quite a bit of work... the design flow is a bit different than the normal RTL flow and there's some frustrating roadblocks to get through getting the thing to boot. It's still a relatively new part, so there's quite a few bugs.

A simpler way to get a Linux based 'DAP' would be to take an Odroid C0 with an audiophile OS like Volumio or Rune and adding a battery and a small touchscreen.
I myself never managed to get a touchscreen working so I stuck with my C1+ and use my phone as controle.
SQ is way better than with my phone.

Cheers

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #23,568 of 42,765
Brief Review of Cable Pack received today

The case extension and cables appear to be high quality. As others have noted, I am disappointed the extension is not flush with the basic CCK.

Unexpectedly, I anticipate preferring to protect my MoJo with Chord's leather case and to forgo the cable neatness and the device's improved attachability to my iPhone. I have a Neoring female attachment on the back of my iPhone's Otter case.

The case extension certainly improves the desktop stability of the MoJo; it is much less likely to become pushed around on a desktop.

So, for me, the pack improves the desktop use as I wait for the Bluetooth module, YMMV.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #23,569 of 42,765
A simpler way to get a Linux based 'DAP' would be to take an Odroid C0 with an audiophile OS like Volumio or Rune and adding a battery and a small touchscreen.
I myself never managed to get a touchscreen working so I stuck with my C1+ and use my phone as conrole.
SQ is way better than with my phone.

Cheers

I'm sure there are simpler ways... I've never really experimented with it. The only reason I mentioned the Zynq is because the processor is resident on the same die as the FPGA fabric and Xilinx has prebuilt images to get Linux running on the Zynq. The Mojo is of course a platform based around an FPGA architecture... so a Zynq seems like a natural solution for a DAP platform for Chord.

UI would be a pain though... I forget that most people aren't engineers sometimes.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #23,570 of 42,765
I'm sure there are simpler ways... I've never really experimented with it. The only reason I mentioned the Zynq is because the processor is resident on the same die as the FPGA fabric and Xilinx has prebuilt images to get Linux running on the Zynq. The Mojo is of course a platform based around an FPGA architecture... so a Zynq seems like a natural solution for a DAP platform for Chord.

UI would be a pain though... I forget that most people aren't engineers sometimes.

Who knows maybe Chord are working on it as we speak.
The only secured fact about the upcoming module is that it will be a 10 layer board.

Cheers

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #23,572 of 42,765
Getting a notice on my iPhone to update to IOS 10 but am concerned about the functioning of my Lavricable which takes several tries before it works anyway.

Anyone update to IOS 10 and have the Lavricable work?

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #23,574 of 42,765
3 dots, top right corner -> Settings -> Bit perfect

You'll have to scroll down a little bit to find it. It's above the "force english" option and below the "upsample to highest rate" setting.

I've done that, but I can't get Tidal to play... If I activate UAPP and then I go to Tidal app and press play, I don't hear anything

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #23,575 of 42,765
I've done that, but I can't get Tidal to play... If I activate UAPP and then I go to Tidal app and press play, I don't hear anything

You need to open Tidal from UAAP itself.
In the register where you're local folders are there is also a folder for tidal

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #23,576 of 42,765
  Getting a notice on my iPhone to update to IOS 10 but am concerned about the functioning of my Lavricable which takes several tries before it works anyway.

Anyone update to IOS 10 and have the Lavricable work?

I had trouble with the original release (10.0.1). Once I updated to the (now) current 10.02, my Lavricable starting working again.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #23,578 of 42,765
That's because UAPP is taking control over Mojo. UAPP HAS TIDAL integrated into it. All you have to do is login with your account credentials .

Correction. UAPP is taking control over the player, not Mojo. The Mojo just receives the bitstream. Apologies, I know, being a stickler. :redface:

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #23,580 of 42,765
My connection kit just arrived and everything is in the box ordered from audio sanctuary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back