Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #23,584 of 42,765
I don't have that

This is what I have

And I have this when I click the 3 buttons on top right

You're confusing the instructions for accessing Tidal with the instructions for enabling bit perfect playback.

To get to Tidal, press the orange icon on the bottom right. Then you will see the dropdown menu and "person in circle" icon people are talking about.

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #23,587 of 42,765
Omg. Thank you for your help guys, this sounds sooooo much better than the upsampling crap,, I appreciate you, wow... Time to put some hours in

I uninstalled all other app, Spotify, Hiby, Onkyo. Now i only use UAPP.
Yes, it has some synergy with Mojo.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #23,588 of 42,765
I'm using 1 headphone out to my main amp, and another directly to my TH-900. Does having the headphone out on the main amp (with it off) take away the power directed to my TH-900?

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #23,589 of 42,765
  I'm using 1 headphone out to my main amp, and another directly to my TH-900. Does having the headphone out on the main amp (with it off) take away the power directed to my TH-900?

No not at all, both headphone out are different and independent. So, irrespective of the connection, the power output on both headphone out will be same always :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #23,590 of 42,765
  No not at all, both headphone out are different and independent. So, irrespective of the connection, the power output on both headphone out will be same always :)

Perfect! Thanks for the help :D

On a side note, what's the general consensus on pairing the Mojo with the TH-900? I know the TH-900 is a relatively sensitive HP, and some say the Mojo pairs well with it. I have the Mainline as my main amp, should I be using the Mojo or the Mainline to listen to strictly EDM's?

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #23,591 of 42,765

People prefer using the Line out mode when connecting Mojo to amps. In such a circumstance do not attempt to connect a headphone on the other port.

Read 3rd post to see how to activate line out mode on Mojo.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #23,592 of 42,765
People prefer using the Line out mode when connecting Mojo to amps. In such a circumstance do not attempt to connect a headphone on the other port.

Read 3rd post to see how to activate line out mode on Mojo.

I do use the line out mode with my amp, and don't have my TH-900 plugged in while doing so. I'm not that much of a n00b :wink:

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #23,593 of 42,765

Incorrect. The two outputs are not different and independent, if you mean it has two amplification stages.

From Rob (sourced from the third post of this thread) *bold emphasis added by me*:

Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

1. The battery is capable of delivering 3A of current, and has very low impedance.
2. Mojo amplifier has a very high power supply rejection ratio.
3. The output is pure class A at 5v RMS into 300 ohm.

Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

I just had an email today from a very experienced dealer that asked me this question:

"Chord Mojo should have single amplification which drive to both headphone output, but if I'm using any headphones (HD800 for example, very heavy to drive) to put on headphone output 1 and I connect another headphone to headphone output 2 (Beyer T1 for example), I hear no differences on sound quality. Normally if one amplification section used to drive 2 headphones output, then once we connect the second headphone will make overall sound quality degradation (as the case of Beyerdynamic A20 amp, Grace Design M903, etc). What is the logical explanation of this? As it seems Mojo has 2 separate amplification sections which drive independently for each headphone output."

Of course Mojo does not have two amplification stages. It can drive two headphones with ease because it has exceptional low output impedance, and it has exceptional current linearity. So loading it with more headphones has no effect, unlike other headphone amplifiers.

Indeed, when I initially started designing Hugo I was shocked how poor from a measurement point of view headphone amps were. Poor output impedance, huge levels of distortion, and poor current linearity seem to be typical. And these things matter, if your goal is transparency and musicality.

Rob

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #23,594 of 42,765
No not at all, both headphone out are different and independent. So, irrespective of the connection, the power output on both headphone out will be same always
smily_headphones1.gif

Incorrect. The two outputs are not different and independent, if you mean it has two amplification stages.

You misunderstood me, i was saying that both headphone out doesn't share same amplification power. Both are independent while giving output, but both have same amplification stages.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #23,595 of 42,765
  Perfect! Thanks for the help :D

On a side note, what's the general consensus on pairing the Mojo with the TH-900? I know the TH-900 is a relatively sensitive HP, and some say the Mojo pairs well with it. I have the Mainline as my main amp, should I be using the Mojo or the Mainline to listen to strictly EDM's?

I've been using Mojo with my TH900s for about a week now, and I'm happy with the results. It smoothes out the occasional harshness of the treble, and while Mojo has a bit laid back sound signature, it still sounds exciting with TH900s. IMO Mojo trumps the non-multibit Bifrost + Asgard 2 combination. Mojo doesn't have that animalistic energy and drive of my Bakoon amp, but price and size-wise they are two very different beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back