Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 12, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #21,181 of 42,765
If anyone has purchased one of these units we l
If anyone has purchased one of these units with proof. We like to see the bottom of the units for the serial number so we can see where they are coming from.

Should I pull out of the Massdrop purchase then, if Chord won't honor the warranty?I don't want to receive a defective unit, only to be told I didn't purchase it through an "authorized" reseller, so I won't get a replacement!

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #21,182 of 42,765
Hi there. No, it was more general reviews on Google. I believe some of the complaints were related to their car audio sales and a few for their headphones. Good to know that they have taken care of you. Were both your Mojos factory sealed?

I'm debating between going with them or Moon Audio.

Hmmm. I never knew. In total I have had 3-4 transactions with them until now and it has been smooth. And both my Mojos came factory sealed with legit Serial Numbers.

All that said, there is no reason why you should choose a seller that you are not comfortable with, when all the sellers are selling the good at the same price ($599). So you may want to buy from Moon-Audio or TTVJ, because at the end of the day all that matters is not even the Mojo, just our peace of mind..

Actually Mojo matters too..
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #21,183 of 42,765
Hmmm. I never knew. In total I have had 3-4 transactions with them until now and it has been smooth. And both my Mojos came factory sealed with legit Serial Numbers.

All that said, there is no reason why you should choose a seller that you are not comfortable with, when all the sellers are selling the good at the same price ($599). So you may want to buy from Moon-Audio or TTVJ, because at the end of the day all that matters is not even the Mojo, just our peace of mind..

Actually Mojo matters too..:wink:  

Thanks. The extra 1 year warranty from Sonix is very tempting however, and I'm not sure I've seen any other sellers offer this. The pessimist in me is always questioning if it's too good to be true!

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #21,184 of 42,765
Hi there. No, it was more general reviews on Google. I believe some of the complaints were related to their car audio sales and a few for their headphones. Good to know that they have taken care of you. Were both your Mojos factory sealed?

I'm debating between going with them or Moon Audio.

I purchased a few things off of Sonic Electronix and everything has been great on my end with them! If I were In your shoes I would purchase the deal that includes the free extended three year warranty.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #21,186 of 42,765
Thanks. The extra 1 year warranty from Sonix is very tempting however, and I'm not sure I've seen any other sellers offer this. The pessimist in me is always questioning if it's too good to be true!

Yea, I wonder if that 1 year additional extra warranty offers the same level of coverage as the 1st year. If they do, I'd day it is totally worth it. Because all you need to do is ship it to them and you'll have the replacement in 10 days.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #21,187 of 42,765
Are you sure it's 3 years for the warranty? Their website currently offers to extend it by one year only.

Max is referring to this package deal:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_113555_Chord-Mojo-Sonic-Electronix-Bonus-Pack-2.html

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #21,190 of 42,765
Whoa. That's insane. Why would they even offer the other deal when they have this one?! Is there a catch? Why doesn't anyone else have this offer?

No catch. Just a damn good deal! They realized that Mojo was built to last and so they offered a longer warranty time in an effort to attract potential buyers who would otherwise buy from other sites. Its a good marketing since Mojo's sell like hotcakes.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #21,191 of 42,765
No catch. Just a damn good deal! They realized that Mojo was built to last and so they offered a longer warranty time in an effort to attract potential buyers who would otherwise buy from other sites. Its a good marketing since Mojo's sell like hotcakes.

Dang. I've been drinking. And people who know me on this forum know that when I drink, I buy!

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #21,192 of 42,765
Also they understand how the audiophile market works. That warranty (sonicelectronix's additional 2 year warranty) only applies to the original buyer. In the audiophile world, many of us either upgrade or look for alternatives soon. So the extended warranty is a nice way to attract buyers, but the percentage of people who will end up taking advantage will probably be 5% or even less. But by then they would've sold enough units to make up for that..

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #21,193 of 42,765
  Also they understand how the audiophile market works. That warranty (sonicelectronix's additional 2 year warranty) only applies to the original buyer. In the audiophile world, many of us either upgrade or look for alternatives soon. So the extended warranty is a nice way to attract buyers, but the percentage of people who will end up taking advantage will probably be 5% or even less. But by then they would've sold enough units to make up for that..

My thoughts exactly!

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #21,195 of 42,765
Interesting. So you guys don't think you'll still have your Mojo's three years from now? I generally hang on to most of my equipment, but I'm sentimental like that.

Nice. I wish to be like that. It is very healthy for your mind, soul and body. But I know how my brain functions. Not that I don't love the Mojo, but then there is Hugo and Dave..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back