Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 13, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #21,211 of 42,765
Interesting. So you guys don't think you'll still have your Mojo's three years from now? I generally hang on to most of my equipment, but I'm sentimental like that.

I'll keep it as long as the battery holds up, which hopefully should be a long time as I only use it as a powered desktop solution (the dragonfly red is a far better portable solution for me). After that I'll either buy another one, or consider my options.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #21,212 of 42,765
Chord makes better dacs in general with all their line-up vs.Schiit. If you just look at the pro-reviewers Chord has won many more awards than Schiit. (I don't know if they won any matter of fact). Also, in speaker 2 channel world no one really knows about Schiit dacs but all know about Hugo, Mojo, and Qute dacs. From personal experience, I've had the Audioquest Dragonfly Black out to Valhalla2 (which is an amp) and the sound was amateurish to me compared to Hugo. After Valhalla2, I plan not to own any Schiit products.

Thank you for the input.
This is reassuring as i am closer now to ordering the Mojo.

It will be my desktop set up as well as portable as is at the top of my budget.

Please may I ask what is Speaker 2 which you refer to?

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #21,213 of 42,765
got back my chord mojo after about 2 months . I kept my audio gear at other place during transfer. used with redmi s1 Android and beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm and the magic was back. ultra black background, sounds emerging from nowhere, rock solidly vocals implanted at dead center, no sibilance at all with female vocals, unbelievable dynamics, extreme resolution digging deep into recording and sound processing anomalies without being edgy. this chord product is a serious undercutting product. chord could sell this product well above many thousands $, this is such a revolutionary product. may be audio product of this century. imho it needs at least half an hour to get to its full potential ( may be initially it reveals the distortion of cold electronics of associated equipments.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #21,215 of 42,765
May i ask if it possible to connect it to the standard 3.5mm headphone out on my TV and will that sound ok? If so where do I connect it to on the Mojo and what cable do i use?

THE TV optical is already connected and there is no other connection.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #21,216 of 42,765
I recently moved from the DX90 alone to the Mojo for portable use (driving Oppo PM-3s). The improvement is not subtle. The most impressive aspect of the Mojo, I think, is its very accurate transient reproduction. The best part is that the weird artifical treble of the DX90 is completely gone. Very happy.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #21,218 of 42,765
how was the date?  Any Chordettes on the way?
I do know that some times my styling of products comes in for a bit of stick now and then but that's usually from people that haven't had the design for long enough to become familiar with or truly understand why if designed it in the way I have. I take heart in the way that some products and buildings at first are hated and then just disliked but then become iconic and then beloved. Take the Eiffel tower Sydney Opera house la Peddara in Barcelona are such

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #21,219 of 42,765
Thank you for the input.
This is reassuring as i am closer now to ordering the Mojo.

It will be my desktop set up as well as portable as is at the top of my budget.

Please may I ask what is Speaker 2 which you refer to?
We at chord like what many other companies do they are all searching for truth in their own way our own search through Rob's efforts has taken him a very long time it's only with these last few years increases in FPGA tech that we feel we are able to get anywhere near the truth in audio reproduction and we are extatic that so many of you "can handle the truth " .... Sorry been watching too many film s lately

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #21,220 of 42,765
We at chord like what many other companies do they are all searching for truth in their own way our own search through Rob's efforts has taken him a very long time it's only with these last few years increases in FPGA tech that we feel we are able to get anywhere near the truth in audio reproduction and we are ecstatic that so many of you "can handle the truth " .... Sorry been watching too many films lately

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #21,221 of 42,765
We at chord like what many other companies do they are all searching for truth in their own way our own search through Rob's efforts has taken him a very long time it's only with these last few years increases in FPGA tech that we feel we are able to get anywhere near the truth in audio reproduction and we are extatic that so many of you "can handle the truth " .... Sorry been watching too many film s lately

I for one like Chord's audio reproduction of Truth alot more so than others audio truths out there hahaha. Happy listening John! :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #21,222 of 42,765
May i ask if it possible to connect it to the standard 3.5mm headphone out on my TV and will that sound ok? If so where do I connect it to on the Mojo and what cable do i use?

THE TV optical is already connected and there is no other connection.

Coaxial would be the only other option. (not 100% positive though,im sure others would chime in to correct) What do you have optical connected to?

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #21,223 of 42,765
We must always do what we can to protect the 99% of good retailers that don't ship out of their area so it's not being too sneaky

I don't think you're being sneaky. I was just pointing out it'll be at least a month until anyone is able to report back their serial number via the Massdrop purchase.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #21,224 of 42,765
Karma sees all, and cannot be escaped, investigation or no investigation
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back