Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 12, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #21,196 of 42,765
Interesting. So you guys don't think you'll still have your Mojo's three years from now? I generally hang on to most of my equipment, but I'm sentimental like that.

Most people get bored of their new toys after a certain amount of time but I don't see that happening to me. Because even if I do upgrade to something 'Better' I will still keep the Mojo for portable use and as a reference.

If Chord releases a desktop Mojo, then that will be my next upgrade.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #21,200 of 42,765
Most people get bored of their new toys after a certain amount of time but I don't see that happening to me. Because even if I do upgrade to something 'Better' I will still keep the Mojo for portable use and as a reference.

If Chord releases a desktop Mojo, then that will be my next upgrade.

I suppose the only thing that makes me question the longevity of the Mojo is the non user replaceable battery. Things like batteries, that have a known expiration date, make the gadgets they're in seem like disposable objects.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #21,201 of 42,765
@Mojo ideas I would like to thank you for designing the exterior of the Mojo the way you have. I watched your interview where you discussed the design and how you wanted it to resemble a pebble and be soft in the hand. You also talked about how Mojo has two headphone jacks (at the time I thought a quarter inch jack would be better to support more headphones). I didn't see this coming but lately I have been utilizing both headphone jacks on Mojo. My sister,mom,dad, and friends have all had the oppurtunity to use it on the go with their earphones and my own. The first thing they ask me is how much it costs and what do you need to get started ? My friend was already counting his pennies and discussed with me what he was going to sell in order to afford a Mojo and some nice IEM's.

The most interesting thing happend a few days ago. I went to Six flags with a group of friends and noticed there was a good looking girl sitting behind me. She was listening to music on her iphone using her earpods. I had my Mojo and Phone stack on my lap and I cought her looking down at my Mojo (pun intended). She tapped my shoulder and asked me what the shinny thing with the glowing lights was. I briefly explained to her what Mojo was and what it does and then changed seats with her friend and sat down next to her. She plugged in her Earpods and you could see it written all over her face that she was enjoying what she was hearing. She commented on how she loves the look and sound of the Mojo. I then gave her my Sure SE 535, and within five seconds her jaw dropped and she too fell in love with Mojo and wanted to buy it. 

I had a great time on my trip and ended up getting the girls number. We went on a date yesterday :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #21,203 of 42,765
Interesting. So you guys don't think you'll still have your Mojo's three years from now? I generally hang on to most of my equipment, but I'm sentimental like that.

I know I will, as long as its still working

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #21,204 of 42,765
  @Mojo ideas I would like to thank you for designing the exterior of the Mojo the way you have. I watched your interview where you discussed the design and how you wanted it to resemble a pebble and be soft in the hand. You also talked about how Mojo has two headphone jacks (at the time I thought a quarter inch jack would be better to support more headphones). I didn't see this coming but lately I have been utilizing both headphone jacks on Mojo. My sister,mom,dad, and friends have all had the oppurtunity to use it on the go with their earphones and my own. The first thing they ask me is how much it costs and what do you need to get started ? My friend was already counting his pennies and discussed with me what he was going to sell in order to afford a Mojo and some nice IEM's.

The most interesting thing happend a few days ago. I went to Six flags with a group of friends and noticed there was a good looking girl sitting behind me. She was listening to music on her iphone using her earpods. I had my Mojo and Phone stack on my lap and I cought her looking down at my Mojo (pun intended). She tapped my shoulder and asked me what the shinny thing with the glowing lights was. I briefly explained to her what Mojo was and what it does and then changed seats with her friend and sat down next to her. She plugged in her Earpods and you could see it written all over her face that she was enjoying what she was hearing. She commented on how she loves the look and sound of the Mojo. I then gave her my Sure SE 535, and within five seconds her jaw dropped and she too fell in love with Mojo and wanted to buy it. 

I had a great time on my trip and ended up getting the girls number. We went on a date yesterday :)

how was the date?  Any Chordettes on the way?

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #21,205 of 42,765
...noticed there was a good looking girl sitting behind me....I cought her looking down at my Mojo...could see it written all over her face that she was enjoying...and within five seconds her jaw dropped and she too fell in love...I had a great time and ended up getting the girls number. We went on a date yesterday :)

WoW I'm going to buy my Mojo right away...heck I'll go straight for DAVE and hoped Scarlett Johansson saw me LoL

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #21,206 of 42,765
Yes, I agree. It appears Chord wants one of us to check their Mojo-purchased-via-Massdrop and give them the serial number, so they (Chord) can find out what distributor/reseller supplied to Massdrop.

I was just pointing out that none of us could conceivably have one in hand to even give that serial number for another month or so.
We must always do what we can to protect the 99% of good retailers that don't ship out of their area so it's not being too sneaky

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #21,207 of 42,765
Please may I ask for some input.

I am considering the Chord Mojo as my desktop set up and portable.
I have also considered Schiit stacks which are actually only a little less than the price of the Mojo in the UK, yes Schiit products are very expensive in the UK.

I AM CLOSE to ordering the Mojo and just wanted some input as how it comes to:
Schiit Modi Uber and Magni Uber / or Vali 2 / new Modi Multibit.

I have the Sennheiser HD650 headphones and listen to all kinds of genre, loud.

I really appreciate any input before purchasing the Mojo.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #21,209 of 42,765
@Mojo ideas

Great story!

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #21,210 of 42,765
Chord makes better dacs in general with all their line-up vs.Schiit. If you just look at the pro-reviewers Chord has won many more awards than Schiit. (I don't know if Schitt won any matter of fact). Also, in speaker 2 channel world no one really knows about Schiit dacs but all know about Hugo, Mojo, and Qute dacs. From personal experience, I've had the Audioquest Dragonfly Black out to Valhalla2 (which is an amp) and the sound was amateurish to me compared to Hugo. After Valhalla2, I plan not to own any Schiit products.

I think in general Chord has a much better engineering team who's had the experience much more than Schiit. They've also put out good dacs one after another. (going back to 2Qute dacs). Unless Schiit came up with a new brilliant engineer who recently joined their team, I highly doubt it would surpass any of the Chord dacs in engineering alone. IMO ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back