Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #16,306 of 42,765
I thought Hugo used a more powerful FPGA and had a different sound signature than the Mojo though. I may be mistaken but I thought I remembered reading a review that said the mojo was darker and more musical than the Hugo?

More musical? Never!

All opinion of course. I have both and will say very very close in sound. Be surprised if many would like one and not the other. Hugo slightly more clarity which some may say tiny bit less warmth.

But Hugo adds mains charging, Bluetooth streaming from phones, and full size headphone jacks. Also weight and lack of input last selected.

Swings and roundabouts, I like Mojo with iems and Hugo in Lounge with Headphones.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #16,307 of 42,765
More musical? Never!

All opinion of course. I have both and will say very very close in sound. Be surprised if many would like one and not the other. Hugo slightly more clarity which some may say tiny bit less warmth.

But Hugo adds mains charging, Bluetooth streaming from phones, and full size headphone jacks. Also weight and lack of input last selected.

Swings and roundabouts, I like Mojo with iems and Hugo in Lounge with Headphones.

I was thinking about getting a used mojo to hack up with a 5V DC jack for the charging port for home use, but maybe a hugo is the way to go.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #16,308 of 42,765
After a month of waiting, just got my Mojo today, 3 hours into the initial charge, cannot wait!

I did notice, however, that the charging light will come on, then go off, then come on again, in about 5 second intervals. Anyone else experienced that?

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #16,309 of 42,765

may i know, is the l19 available now?

$32, and not really "FiiO" ---It works for me most of the time.  When it doesn't catch the signal, I have to re-start the iPhone.  
The apple cck has not given me any issues.  

I must decide between the Larrvicable and the module to be released soon, that swallows up the CCK, particularly for brisk walking and hiking.  

Thus far, I have not seen any issues reported with the expensive Larrivcable, and it looks like a nice snug fit.  

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #16,311 of 42,765
After a month of waiting, just got my Mojo today, 3 hours into the initial charge, cannot wait!

I did notice, however, that the charging light will come on, then go off, then come on again, in about 5 second intervals. Anyone else experienced that?
try unplugging for 10 secs then plug it. It should not be blinking when charging.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #16,312 of 42,765

I was thinking about getting a used mojo to hack up with a 5V DC jack for the charging port for home use, but maybe a hugo is the way to go.

A guy was on here fairly recently said the Chord 2Qute was really good but it needs a separate amp.

Have you tried a different usb charger and lead?

I had issues where the Mojo would not charge and charging it just heated up the Mojo, it settled down after several charge cycles but I never got more than 3.5 hours battery life using Yamaha HPH MT-220 over ear. (48 Ohm)

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #16,313 of 42,765

A guy was on here fairly recently said the Chord 2Qute was really good but it needs a separate amp.

I had issues where the Mojo would not charge and charging it just heated up the Mojo, it settled down after several charge cycles but I never got more than 3.5 hours battery life using Yamaha HPH MT-220 over ear. (48 Ohm)

yeah, I have tried many usb chargers and leads (cables). i probably bought a dozen new ones in the time i owned my Mojos (yep, plural) but experience this problem on both i've had.

it happens on all devices that use micro USB to charge. The plug eventually gets worn out and the cable no longer sits in properly unless both hooks on the cable itself are in good shape.

This is what led me to want to replace the Mojo's charging jack with one of these

Of course then you lose the convenience of USB charging but you would gain the convenience of knowing your Mojo is charging as long as it's plugged in!!!!!

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #16,314 of 42,765

It sounds like the power supply you're using can't manage a consistent 1 Amp at 5V. A lot of USB phone chargers have iffy performance IME. They're OK for charging the phone that they're supplied with, but often don't meet the specs written on them.

Or you could be trying to charge from a USB hub, in which case all bets are off as some of these can only supply 500mA of current per port.

The best bet IME is to have a charger that can supply 10W, such as an iPad charger.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #16,316 of 42,765

Wow 3.5 hrs ? I timed my Mojo yesterday. I did not turn it off, I used the Mojo with a phone using an app to EQ the Mojos bass so the music was pounding Flac tracks. Used a Dynamic Driven iem. Results were :
3:15 - 4:50 blue light

450 - 7:00 Green light

7:00 - 10:40 Yellow light

10: 40 - Red

10:50 - Red blinking, I turned the Mojo off.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #16,317 of 42,765
Wow 3.5 hrs ? I timed my Mojo yesterday. I did not turn it off, I used the Mojo with a phone using an app to EQ the Mojos bass so the music was pounding Flac tracks. Used a Dynamic Driven iem. Results were :
3:15 - 4:50 blue light

450 - 7:00 Green light

7:00 - 10:40 Yellow light

10: 40 - Red

10:50 - Red blinking, I turned the Mojo off.

It makes me wonder if some of the batteries are not as good as others?

When I had a Fiio E12A Amp (with the same headphones) the battery lasted ages!!!!

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #16,318 of 42,765

yeah, I have tried many usb chargers and leads (cables). i probably bought a dozen new ones in the time i owned my Mojos (yep, plural) but experience this problem on both i've had.

it happens on all devices that use micro USB to charge. The plug eventually gets worn out and the cable no longer sits in properly unless both hooks on the cable itself are in good shape.

This is what led me to want to replace the Mojo's charging jack with one of these

Of course then you lose the convenience of USB charging but you would gain the convenience of knowing your Mojo is charging as long as it's plugged in!!!!!

It sounds to me that you have an unusual problem and I would simply return it for a replacement or repair.

I have done some crazy mods in the past but I would not even attempt to butcher your Mojo and hence wreck your warranty and resale value!

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #16,319 of 42,765
Hi mates i am currently own fiio e17 with lg v10 now i am planning to upgrade with chord mojo unfortunatly i dont have a choice to audition mojo so guys please can you advaice me will chord mojo gonna make huge different in the sound instead e17
Thanks

You should upgrade. The LG V10 produces good and engaging music no doubt but the mojo is in another league.

Here is how I felt about both.

LGV10- Makes music on the go substantially more engaging in comparison to Iphones and smartphone music players. There is a lot more clarity,detail,instrument seperation, clearer sounding instruments, and good base. From my experience with multiple Sabre dac based implementations the dac tends to make some instruments and vocals sound brighter than they should. 

Mojo- It does everything that the LG V10 does but an order of magnitute better. Everything sounds more natural and smoother, its more true to life.  
The mojo touches the soul and engages you far more than the V10.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #16,320 of 42,765
  Just got the Mojo, unfortunately I can hear a hiss with the SE846.
Once the music starts it isn't a big issue, but still...

That's troubling, because I am planning on getting this combination and that is not a good sign for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back