Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 19, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #16,336 of 42,765

Rob, the designer of the Mojo, says there's hiss with the SE846 (he mentions it earlier in this thread) - so if you can't hear that's a good thing ... but everyone has different sensitivity to hiss and differing thresholds of hearing - and there's a difference between "there is no hiss" and "I don't hear any hiss".

I mention this only so that those people that are hearing hiss with the Mojo/SE846 don't start thinking they have a bad unit - it's just the nature of ultra-senstive very-low impedance IEMs.

I do hear hiss with the Mojo SE846 ... and it's not volume dependent.  It's there even with no source connected.  It's at a very very low level and has never been intrusive. If you use the inline attenuator (I don't) then it vanishes.

Hey, thanks for sharing this piece of info.

If I'm in a totally quite area with nothing playing and really concentrate then I can just perceive hiss with my SE846's. In other words, not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #16,337 of 42,765
  You should upgrade. The LG V10 produces good and engaging music no doubt but the mojo is in another league.

Here is how I felt about both.

LGV10- Makes music on the go substantially more engaging in comparison to Iphones and smartphone music players. There is a lot more clarity,detail,instrument seperation, clearer sounding instruments, and good base. From my experience with multiple Sabre dac based implementations the dac tends to make some instruments and vocals sound brighter than they should. 

Mojo- It does everything that the LG V10 does but an order of magnitute better. Everything sounds more natural and smoother, its more true to life.  
The mojo touches the soul and engages you far more than the V10.

Just got a Mojo and also own a V10. And I agree. Now I need to figure out the best way to connect the V10 to my Mojo. OTG cable or a micro-USB to microUSB cable. 

The V10 micro USB out to my KSE1500 was also cutting out a bit. So I may need to exchange the V10 for another one while it is under warranty. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #16,340 of 42,765
That's troubling, because I am planning on getting this combination and that is not a good sign for me.  

With 846 I can hear a little hiss if I try with Hugo. Not with Mojo that I believe Rob said measures same as iPhone in this regard. I would certainly have no hesitation of 846 with Mojo, even if I was worried about silence before a track starts.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #16,341 of 42,765
Seriously

Has there been a significant product in recent memory without a dissenting review??
I do lots of reading before a blind purchas as do many of you.

I didn't find a negative review of mojo anywhere

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #16,342 of 42,765
  Just got a Mojo and also own a V10. And I agree. Now I need to figure out the best way to connect the V10 to my Mojo. OTG cable or a micro-USB to microUSB cable. 

The V10 micro USB out to my KSE1500 was also cutting out a bit. So I may need to exchange the V10 for another one while it is under warranty. 

I have the same issue with my V10, worst usb jack ever. I can't even use the Mojo with it.

Right now I am using a standard Microusb OTG cable and I plug in the stock micro to usb cable that came with the mojo. 

Its a bulky portable solution and thats why im considering getting a black or silver dragon microusb otg to microusb cable. Not only is it shorter but it should improve the sound quality since there is more silver and less distortions in the cable.

I'm not sure why the two of you are having issues with the usb jack on the V10, could it be that the cable you are using is loose?

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #16,343 of 42,765
Right now I am using a standard Microusb OTG cable and I plug in the stock micro to usb cable that came with the mojo. 

I'm not sure why the two of you are having issues with the usb jack on the V10, could it be that the cable you are using is loose?

Are you using a V10 & not having the problem? Since there is some wiggle in the phone's port, I am assuming it is the phone.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #16,344 of 42,765
Uh-oh, that's not good news. Try returning the V10? 

Too lazy. Lol. I'm getting a new phone anyway. I use the X7 with mojo works better.

It's not the cable, it's definitely my usb jack. Phone doesn't charge correctly either unless it's face down and a little wight pulling the cord down to make a proper connection. Been that way for months. Never was a big issue, I have 2 spare batteries.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #16,345 of 42,765
Too lazy. Lol. I'm getting a new phone anyway. I use the X7 with mojo works better.

It's not the cable, it's definitely my usb jack. Phone doesn't charge correctly either unless it's face down and a little wight pulling the cord down to make a proper connection. Been that way for months. Never was a big issue, I have 2 spare batteries.

Now that you mentioned it there does seem to be a slight wobble when I move the usb cable but it's never dropped out or anything like that. I tested it with my old Galaxy s4 and 5 and both wobble less. If it doesn't charge properly try using other cables and chargers. If you tryed other cables and chargers than you should RMA that phone.

Eitherway the LG V10 and mojo makes a very weird and disproportionate stack since the v10 is so tall. Chord's upcoming accessory should fix that.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #16,346 of 42,765
That link says directly that it can't be used on the Mojo if you scroll down a bit.

You can purchase the L19 cable from Penon Audio for $31, but it looks like it's out of stock right now. This link can also be found in the third post of the thread.
wink.gif

http://penonaudio.com/L19-Lightning-to-Micro-USB

@UNOE they are back in stock, but super limited supplies, apparently its selling like hotcakes

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #16,349 of 42,765

That link says directly that it can't be used on the Mojo if you scroll down a bit.

You can purchase the L19 cable from Penon Audio for $31, but it looks like it's out of stock right now. This link can also be found in the third post of the thread.
wink.gif

http://penonaudio.com/L19-Lightning-to-Micro-USB

@UNOE they are back in stock, but super limited supplies, apparently its selling like hotcakes

Ordered thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back