Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #13,771 of 42,765
You have two red lights? Should be blue, green, yellow, red, blinking red. :rolleyes:

My blue lasts ~3 hrs, green ~2.5, yellow ~2.5, red ~1/2 hr, blinking red 10min.

Its blue/green/yellow/red and blinking red then cry because your battery is out. Maybe colour blind? Not sure how green can be red :/

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #13,775 of 42,765
Looks like all the tracks from tidal hifi are actually 320 kbs. That's what uapp displays wheb I play the song to mojo that way... So am I doing something wrong

Is the paid onkyo app better? Does it work with streaming tidal? And of course to feed mojo bitperfect with tidal?

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #13,776 of 42,765
How did I miss this great pic? Nice job @bocosb!
smily_headphones1.gif

Relic,

I enjoyed your review. 

In particular, I enjoy citing specific moments in songs, such as you did with "Tears in Heaven" from the Deluxe Unplugged.  Listening to it via Tidal lossless, through Mojo on to the T1's, it was enjoyable hearing precisely what you described.  

Theoretically, it makes sense that two female singers, for example, would each produce their own 'digital data' and that with the extreme large reproduction of this data, that we might actually be able to discern the two singers in Tears of Heaven.  

It is remarkable that the brain continues to learn to adjust to the increase in data and that Mojo allows for us to hear such incredible clarity.  

I go back to "Silly Love Songs" (also Tidal) and hear how Mojo gives such clarity in the bass while revealing all that goes on in the background.  That bass is such a popular line that learning bassists love to memorize it.  Mojo delivers it perfectly to these ears. 

Amazing.  

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #13,777 of 42,765
Looks like all the tracks from tidal hifi are actually 320 kbs. That's what uapp displays wheb I play the song to mojo that way... So am I doing something wrong

Is the paid onkyo app better? Does it work with streaming tidal? And of course to feed mojo bitperfect with tidal?

In the setting do you have it in HIFI? By default it is set to normal which is 320. If the HIFI is gray it is not lossless if it is white it is.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #13,778 of 42,765

In the setting do you have it in HIFI? By default it is set to normal which is 320. If the HIFI is gray it is not lossless if it is white it is.

I concur. In Tidal settings, there is both WiFi streaming quality and Cellular streaming quality.  Those need to be set to HiFi.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #13,780 of 42,765
I tried to drive my Alpha Dogs using the Mojo today and found it to be lacking in ultimate control/dynamic swing by itself. I don't really see the Mojo as a Dac AND Amp though to be honest. I feel that it is worth its weight in platinum as a Dac with variable gain. With that being said, when I mated the Mojo to my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (lowering the analog line output of the Mojo to 1.9v) I discovered all I need in a desktop setup. The Alpha Dogs and all my headphones for that matter have been totally rejuvenated!!

I think people will have different preferences. While the Mojo can drive the HE-6 to a volume level, the Liquid Carbon adds power and a bit of needed coloration, IMO (though some will say it's not enough to properly drove them) But, most other setups I prefer the Mojo alone. I was trying the ZMF Vibros with and without the Carbon and found I preferred Mojo alone. They don't need the power, they already have a dark sound sig, and the Carbon on top of the Mojo (at 3v, 1.9v, and even 2 clicks lower than that) seemed to accentuate those drivers' 10k peakiness, which the mojo did not for some pleasant reason. YMMV.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #13,781 of 42,765
My setting is for Tidal is Hi Fi on Google Chrome.  It plays red.  

Another recommended "Mojo special" song for particular detail:  Bob Dylan, Oh Mercy, "Man in the Long Black Coat" was unusual Daniel Lanois effects, including cricket sounds in the background.  My favorite remains "Most of the Time" for its rich bass and two (at least) acoustic guitars behind the slide/distortion. This couples with a heavy bass for the low notes.

The sounds come from everywhere including clear bongos.    "Most of the Time" is rich with detail.  

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #13,782 of 42,765
Those of ou considering a phone to pair with Mojo, Iphones are superior to android as far as connecting with Mojo.  Iphones are able to output audio from all apps(youtube, firefox, onkyo, etc) without upsampling.  The upsampling on android really makes it sound like crap, it sounds stretched out artificially, v-shaped and dull.  The only audio that android can output without upsampling is through programs like onkyo and UAPP, so you can still listen to albums you've downloaded and the sound great-but anything you want to stream will sound like dooty.  What android needs is a program that can disable the upsampling for streaming (youtube, stitcher, firefox, bandcamp) etc, only then would I prefer it with Mojo over Iphone.  That being said, I believe the Samsung S7 edge (my phone) is far superior to an Iphone and I'm happy to be out of the walled garden.

I'm emailing bandcamp customer support: https://bandcamp.com/contact to suggest the add an option into the Bandcamp APP to output bit-perfect to a USB DAC, bypassing the upsampling on android.  I would really appreciate it if anyone else who uses bandcamp does the same.  Maybe the will do it, since UAPP did.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #13,783 of 42,765
  Those of ou considering a phone to pair with Mojo, Iphones are superior to android as far as connecting with Mojo.  Iphones are able to output audio from all apps(youtube, firefox, onkyo, etc) without upsampling.  The upsampling on android really makes it sound like crap, it sounds stretched up artificially, v-shaped and dull.  The only audio that android can output without upsampling is through programs like onkyo and UAPP, so you an still listen to albums you've downloaded and the sound great-but anything you want to stream will sound like dooty.  What android needs is a program that an disable the upsampling for streaming (youtube, stitcher, firefox, bandcamp) etc, only then would I prefer it with Mojo over Iphone.  That being said, I believe the Samsung S7 edge (my phone) is far superior to an Iphone and I'm happy to be out of the walled garden.

+1

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #13,784 of 42,765
Oh my I think I just had an eargasm!
Just finished listening to "If 6 was 9" from the Jimi Hendrix album "Axis: Bold as Love" . FLAC through my AK100 Mk II into my Mojo into Shure ES846's. The clarity and separation of the instruments; I really don't know how to describe it. To put it mildly this little gem from Chord has made me rediscover all my favorite music all over again. Sitting here in a hotel room listening to music smiling and laughing all by myself. Now that is a first:)

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #13,785 of 42,765
But they are

Dude, you just seem to have a hard time with everything.

Inside uapp there is a settings option for hifi, it defaults to 320. Also, you have to be actually paying for a hifi tidal account.

Honestly man, a little fiddling in uapp and you will solve your problem. Try actually engaging in a little problem solving yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back