Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #13,756 of 42,765
So, HP A8 is the better choice for Th900?

I hesitate to answer your question because I have not heard the Th900. I will say though that I would buy the Mojo and then buy a budget amp later as I feel that the later down the line the Mojo will still be a great Dac whereas a dac/amp like the HP A8 will not hold its value as well. I have spent more $ on other gear that the Mojo easily has replaced. These are just my thoughts.....

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #13,757 of 42,765
No problems on headphone jack front so far.

But I do find the USB slots giving a shallow fit. (End of USB cables are in maybe 80%. Not very secure imo.)

Apart of this I am still amazed of Mojo day by day even after 3 months.
Hello the USB socket is the standard depth as the socket we use is precisely the same as the micro USB mechanical standards say it should be. some times the tangs on the plugs are longer than the specs say they should be though.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #13,761 of 42,765
what are you talking about then? No it's not in Mojos case! Its 5 volts RMS

I'm talkin about the ability of the  "amp section" to drive highZ loads, the perfect control of  headphone's drivers the amp should have,
the ability to handle difficult passages

And I'm talking about the maximum sound quality you can get with the HD800

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #13,762 of 42,765
I'm talkin about the ability of the  "amp section" to drive highZ loads, the perfect control of  headphone's drivers the amp should have .
And I'm talking about the maximum sound quality you can get with the HD800
Check the specs! There are plenty of desktop amps that don't have anywhere near the drive capabilities of Mojo!

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #13,764 of 42,765
Check the specs! There are plenty of desktop amps that don't have anywhere near the drive capabilities of Mojo!

I'm talking about the maximum sound quality you can get with the HD800

It's fantastic for the HD800 - for much more money you can get better. As a starting point at least surely we can all concede it'll make the HD800s sing?

you always get me wrong....the driving ability of the Mojo is awesome for this kind of device!

but HD800 aren't kept to their true potential, even if they sing very well with it

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #13,765 of 42,765
the point I was making is that people continually under estimate Mojo's actual capabilities because of its size and price. I guess that this is part of our natural psychology to believe if something is bigger or is more expensive it will be better .... This is not the case in the case of Mojo those natural prejudices must be cast aside as I've said before follow the specifications, our little Mojo is not what it first appears to be.

you always get me wrong....the driving ability of the Mojo is awesome for this kind of device!

but HD800 aren't kept to their true potential, even if they sing very well with it

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #13,766 of 42,765
the point I was making is that people continually under estimate Mojo's actual capabilities because of its size and price. I guess that this is part of our natural psychology to believe if something is bigger or is more expensive it will be better .... This is not the case in the case of Mojo those natural prejudices must be cast aside as I've said before follow the specifications, our little Mojo is not what it first appears to be

actually, bigger can be better, but only because it's maybe due to bigger power supply :p

for everything else, smaller maybe better too (less electronics, shorter signal path)

volume-wise, the mojo handles the HD800 very well

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #13,767 of 42,765
Very excited! The postie just brought the Mojo - that is seriously fast by the postal service seeing as it normally takes about 3 days extra to get offshore here (I'm on an island).

Just charging via an apple wall plug and seems ok..... 10 hours to go....

First impressions on build quality : looks very very well made. Solid, nicely machined.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #13,768 of 42,765
  Very excited! The postie just brought the Mojo - that is seriously fast by the postal service seeing as it normally takes about 3 days extra to get offshore here (I'm on an island).

Just charging via an apple wall plug and seems ok..... 10 hours to go....

First impressions on build quality : looks very very well made. Solid, nicely machined.

if you ask me, i would tell you to avoid the pain of the 10 hours...pull it off when the charge led shuts off

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #13,770 of 42,765
I made an accurate battery test:

blue light: 1 hour 45 mins
red light: ~3 hours
orange light: 2 hours 25 min
red light: 15 min
blinking red light: 10 min

we are talking about 7,5 hours after the 4th full cycle

You have two red lights? Should be blue, green, yellow, red, blinking red. :rolleyes:

My blue lasts ~3 hrs, green ~2.5, yellow ~2.5, red ~1/2 hr, blinking red 10min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back