Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #13,742 of 42,765
First a little picture with Mojo&friends (The bottle supporting my HD650 had an active role in the evaluation of the device :p )

How did I miss this great pic? Nice job bocosb! :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #13,744 of 42,765
Anyone else have to twist the stock USB short cable to the opposite port side to get it in the port of Macbook Air/Mac Pro and the MOJO ? Weird ! Don't fancy doing that all the time, probably break the interior cable at some point.
Time for a custom job !
Is the power plug 4 on the USB port for data power into the MOJO disabled or does it need a 'power hand-shake' to fire up ? I guess that would help isolate any in-bound dirt/noise off of notebooks.

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #13,745 of 42,765
  tried it too many times, driving HD800 to its 70% (of higher) potential is BS. Heck, it cant even drive my HD700 to 80%. Beyond sensitivity and impedance, these two cans requires desktop rig (or at least a very good amp as third stack) and good synergy.

A case of YMMV

For my uses Mojo running HD800 just fine. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #13,746 of 42,765
  Anyone else have to twist the stock USB short cable to the opposite port side to get it in the port of Macbook Air/Mac Pro and the MOJO ? Weird ! Don't fancy doing that all the time, probably break the interior cable at some point.
Time for a custom job !
Is the power plug 4 on the USB port for data power into the MOJO disabled or does it need a 'power hand-shake' to fire up ? I guess that would help isolate any in-bound dirt/noise off of notebooks.

I think Rob mentioned once before that the Mojo requires the 5V rail on the digital USB input (although it receives only data) as a power hand-shake as you have put it.

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #13,747 of 42,765

I think Rob mentioned once before that the Mojo requires the 5V rail on the digital USB input (although it receives only data) as a power hand-shake as you have put it.

Right, good to know. It seems pretty black background as-is anyway.

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #13,748 of 42,765
Anyone here use MOJO with TH900? gimme a bit review :wink:

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #13,751 of 42,765
I'm all for subjective views but it would help for the general audience reading this thread to note what is subjective to you e.g. Mids are veiled, Treble loses extension, lows are muddied when driving out of Mojo alone vs my previous desktop setup of Yggdrasil/Ragnarok.
Then at least we can have a basis for comparison.

Yes we all hear things differently and in the audio realm, everything is subjective. I have friends who think the Hugo is overly bright and the Mojo is less bright but still bright whereas I think the Mojo is just nice with a little warmth. To each their own.

What I'm getting at is that, quite a few members here aren't privy to demos and auditions and rely on our wealth of information to make judgement calls on purchases.

Similar to a certain scenario recently with an IEM and Mojo pairing with discernible hiss. Those who owned similar gear, shared their views and thoughts and helped paint a clearer picture to the affected member. This is how forums should be.

TL;DR: Please help with opinions but without being vague and condescending.

The Mojo makes relistening to older albums in the collection a real eye-opener as it brings forth details that weren't as noticeable before. I've tried A/Bing with a different DAC and also IEM combo only to realize that the details are there but just the presentation didn't make them stand out previously or was buried in the background.

Just waiting for MoJave (Mobile Joy with Dave) hahah

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #13,753 of 42,765
I tried to drive my Alpha Dogs using the Mojo today and found it to be lacking in ultimate control/dynamic swing by itself. I don't really see the Mojo as a Dac AND Amp though to be honest. I feel that it is worth its weight in platinum as a Dac with variable gain. With that being said, when I mated the Mojo to my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (lowering the analog line output of the Mojo to 1.9v) I discovered all I need in a desktop setup. The Alpha Dogs and all my headphones for that matter have been totally rejuvenated!!

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #13,754 of 42,765
I tried to drive my Alpha Dogs using the Mojo today and found it to be lacking in ultimate control/dynamic swing by itself. I don't really see the Mojo as a Dac AND Amp though to be honest. I feel that it is worth its weight in platinum as a Dac with variable gain. With that being said, when I mated the Mojo to my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (lowering the analog line output of the Mojo to 1.9v) I discovered all I need in a desktop setup. The Alpha Dogs and all my headphones for that matter have been totally rejuvenated!!

So, HP A8 is the better choice for Th900?

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #13,755 of 42,765
@xtr4, would you like to elaborate about mojo alone vs yggy+ rag ? I am interested because mojo is about 1/8 th the price of yggy+rag. do you still have yggy+rag combo ? thanks in advance !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back