Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #13,505 of 42,765
Got some X2s which should hopefully do the job for now
smily_headphones1.gif

They definitely do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #13,507 of 42,765
Just been on av forums. They dont seem to think this chord mojo is all its made out to be?? All ive read and seen is that its world class and amazing quality etc. Ive had my finger hovering over the buy button on amazon all night then read that forum and while they say its good its as though its not what people make it out to be?? Really dont know how much better the mojo will sound now compared to my set up of s6 edge plus, hifimediy into cayin c5 with v moda crossfade wireless.....

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #13,508 of 42,765
Just been on av forums. They dont seem to think this chord mojo is all its made out to be?? All ive read and seen is that its world class and amazing quality etc. Ive had my finger hovering over the buy button on amazon all night then read that forum and while they say its good its as though its not what people make it out to be?? Really dont know how much better the mojo will sound now compared to my set up of s6 edge plus, hifimediy into cayin c5 with v moda crossfade wireless.....

No idea what thread you have been reading I've been a member of the AV Forums for 15 years and have not seen any negativity to the mojo and in fact the mojo thread is full of praise ?

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #13,509 of 42,765

Link please

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #13,510 of 42,765
Well there's this from over on the HD800 S thread:

Exactly. The Chord Mojo's performance is overstated on Head-Fi and many of the posts are made by people who either don't own the Mojo or the HD 800 and have never listened to both extensively. The HD 800/S and the Mojo is an terrible match. I dont care what anyone thinks, its a terrible match. End of story.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785577/sennheiser-hd800s-unveiled/3735#post_12415081

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #13,511 of 42,765
  Well there's this from over on the HD800 S thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785577/sennheiser-hd800s-unveiled/3735#post_12415081

LOL. It must be true then if one person says it. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #13,513 of 42,765
HD800s require synergy to be at their best.  Plenty of outstanding gear does not pair well with the HD800.  That does not mean the HD800 or gear is bad on their own. I would buy from a store with liberal return policy and test the synergy.  Fortunately it works brilliantly with all my gear.  YMMV.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #13,514 of 42,765

Kinda nice to have the lap top without a bunch of wires, as the Mojo has replaced the desk top DAC and the desk top Amp.  My 'workspace' is not so much a desk area but coffee table.  Having the 'stack' was cumbersome with lots of wires everywhere.  

From the photo:  The cord is the one that came with the Mojo and the next one is 1" longer, hence the perfect fit.  I got it from Amazon and it is a "bendy" break-resistant one.  

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #13,515 of 42,765
Well I've read enough, my mojo will be for sale tomorrow I didn't realise how bad it was :frowning2:

I just thought that forums views (in general not everyones) wasnt the greatest of vibes towards chord in general along with the mojo or hugo. Im a total noob, to me my setup sounds decent, the gear you guys got may say it sounds horrendous in comparison i dont know lol. I've spoke to good guys on here for advice etc and that forum had me second guessing things thats all. Sound is subjective I get that. Im waiting for my jvc sz1000 to arrive, i love bass and have been told theyre excellent for what I want, alot of people may prefer to eat a plate of wolf **** before they listen to them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back