Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #13,472 of 42,765

after trying several times it seems the problem with Onkyo HF Player is the DOP 3.6MHZ DSD option, if active i have  audio cuts.

3.6? there's a mistake.... you are talking about 5.6Mhz dsd x2 right?

consider 1 thing:

I was using a notebook with an  i7 4700 CPU, trying to reproduce DSD x1 files through Jriver...I had stuttering.
Scared about this thing, I made some tests...then I noticed that Asusucks energy saving program was limiting my CPU when battery powered....

an I7 4700, with energy saving settings ON, wasn't able to reproduce a dsd file....

morale: maybe it's a CPU problem? what phone are you using?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #13,473 of 42,765

3.6? there's a mistake.... you are talking about 5.6Mhz dsd x2 right?

consider 1 thing:

I was using a notebook with an  i7 4700 CPU, trying to reproduce DSD x1 files through Jriver...I had stuttering.
Scared about this thing, I made some tests...then I noticed that Asusucks energy saving program was limiting my CPU when battery powered....

an I7 4700, with energy saving settings ON, wasn't able to reproduce a dsd file....

morale: maybe it's a CPU problem? what phone are you using?

in the software Onkyo HF Player  there is an option called "DOP 3.6MHZ DSD" is active then produced cut

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #13,474 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo looses connection all the time. I think I found out what the problem is.

The USB cable is not secure in the Chord Mojo. So when I move the Mojo, I loose connection.

Should I send back the Mojo for a new one that hopefully has a more secure fit with USB cables?

Yes I also think that is the major flaw of Mojo, being mobile. Chord are you listening, Mojo should a fixed desktop device and none of these problems will happen. :)

racebit, the hardcore desktop user.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #13,475 of 42,765

Yes I also think that is the major flaw of Mojo, being mobile. Chord are you listening, Mojo should a fixed desktop device and none of these problems will happen. :)

I'd buy the (presumably cheaper) mains-powered one in a heartbeat. I think there are a lot of people like me who just leave it sitting on their table plugged into a USB brick 24/7.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #13,476 of 42,765
I'd buy the (presumably cheaper) mains-powered one in a heartbeat. I think there are a lot of people like me who just leave it sitting on their table plugged into a USB brick 24/7.

The wave of the future is to be untethered to the desktop. Mojo allows me to listen to my music anywhere I want to, rather than being stuck next to my pc. I love the portability of my mojo!

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #13,478 of 42,765

That's why Chord made Dave. Go ahead and indulge yourself racebit, I'm sure you'll be much happier with Dave than Mojo. Please allow people who loves Mojo for what it is....a mobile device....to enjoy it as it is. 
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #13,479 of 42,765
mojo, can be used 1) dac with fixed output 2) top quality saving pre amp many thousands dollar ( for Hugo what hi fi commented which is true for mojo also. 3) it can be used as portable headphone amp 4) it can even drive high efficiency speakers to a decent levels as output impedance is only 7.5 m ohms. I don't think there is any device at this price having so high quality sound. since it is very small there may some problems of mojo displacing during desktop use but for me these are very trivial issues. there can be some ways to handle the small size like a box to hold mojo in place etc etc. mojo is a revolution you see.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #13,481 of 42,765

I'm delighted with Mojo the way it is, but if there were a desktop equivalent (Dojo?) with a volume knob instead of buttons, I'd get one and keep the Mojo as well.  I like volume knobs in general, but in particular conference calls are a pain without volume you can adjust instantly - or at least my conference calls are.  So as it is I have a whole other desktop amp/DAC rig for that.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #13,482 of 42,765
Update:

four downloads and I finally got Tidal running "Hi Fi" through Chrome on the Macbook Pro.  If others are having the issue, I will forward some helpful instructions sent to me privately to help you. 

I have the free 30 day trial with Tidal and I am finding that the catalog, thus far, has not disappointed.  

My home dac and portable dac are now one and the same.  To the poster who addressed the issue of cost; true enough, Mojo is not 'cheap' compared to other portable DAC/Amps, but is incredibly cheap when compared to what it does and the cost of DACs this good.  In the course of life, I've had some good years, financially, and some very difficult ones.  This past year, I began my own business so my income shot down to zero instantly, so I understand the struggle.  Although others have addressed this, consider:

*The Mojo's value appears to be multiple times its cost.  Although I have not heard DACs that are north of $2500, enough posters here have and all favorably prefer the Mojo.  This makes is 'very cheap' (I wonder if it will impact overall sales, especially of Hugo).

*The Mojo is so terrific that it has replaced my desk amp, my desk DAC and my portable amp.  Selling some things I have for something I very much want works well.  

As I was advised here:  I purchased Beyerdynamic T1 headphones:  save up and get the best out of them!  

The hours I am spending with Mojo have me hearing things I did not think possible, and I don't know how one can become 'brain accustomed' to this sound and go back to anything less!  I find myself taking the Mojo with me wherever I go 'just incase' I have a few minutes to listen.  

As others have advised, save up, sell what you don't need, get the Mojo and really good headphones.  You'll still be loving this tiny marvel a decade from now.  

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #13,483 of 42,765
I just discovered that Mojo paired very well with the Etymotic ER4B (not ER4P nor ER4S) after I received the 4B cable specially and skillfully made by ClieOS. I've heard many complaints about the ER4B sounding too shrill and dry but that wasn't the case when it's paired with Mojo. Everything is crystal clear and bass is super tight with great mids too. Every snare and percussion note hits with authority. Please don't expect rumbling bottoms from the ER4B...that's not it's sound signature but if you want crystal clear tight and neutral sound, you won't be disappointed....top notch sound through the Mojo 
etysmile.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #13,484 of 42,765

This is about Mo-bile Jo-y. You must be looking for something else. Perhaps a De-sktop Jo-y ?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back