Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #13,516 of 42,765
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #13,517 of 42,765
I just thought that forums views (in general not everyones) wasnt the greatest of vibes towards chord in general along with the mojo or hugo. Im a total noob, to me my setup sounds decent, the gear you guys got may say it sounds horrendous in comparison i dont know lol. I've spoke to good guys on here for advice etc and that forum had me second guessing things thats all. Sound is subjective I get that. Im waiting for my jvc sz1000 to arrive, i love bass and have been told theyre excellent for what I want, alot of people may prefer to eat a plate of wolf **** before they listen to them lol

I think you really need to have a listen for yourself, I can see your headphones being the limiting factor but looking long term if you plan on getting better headphones then its well worth the investment !

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #13,518 of 42,765

Well I've read enough, my mojo will be for sale tomorrow I didn't realise how bad it was
frown.gif

When you find something better, please let us know.  

Somehow unless it is another Chord, which means more expensive, or another DAC at 10X the price, I do not think it is possible. Negativity of some people on that forum feel like they did not have enough vitamins in their childhood.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #13,519 of 42,765

Somehow unless it is another Chord, which means more expensive, or another DAC at 10X the price, I do not think it is possible. Negativity of some people on that forum feel like they did not have enough vitamins in their childhood.

I know next to zero about audio pretty much and im just starting out. Glad its not just me that picked up on the bad vibes that basically said the mojo is ok but theres better around and its overhyped...

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #13,520 of 42,765
I think you really need to have a listen for yourself, I can see your headphones being the limiting factor but looking long term if you plan on getting better headphones then its well worth the investment !

Ye a store within 25mins of me has it to demo so I'll get there within a week. All in all I have the v moda crossfade wireless i wear walking to the gym and on way to work. Sz1000 will be pretty much the same but for harder bass wants. Haven't spent much time lately with my psb m4u2, looking to sell to fund more audio purchases.

Im basically thinking of the mojo as i love rock from whitesnake/bon jovi through to kings of leon and onto mike and the mechanics and fleetwood mac etc. I want a pair of headphones that when I close my eyes its as though the band are playing close to me and I can feel the spaciousness encapsulating me. Ive heard the fidelio x2 pre gibson are stellar for that kind of music for the price. Any suggestions mate?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #13,521 of 42,765
I know next to zero about audio pretty much and im just starting out. Glad its not just me that picked up on the bad vibes that basically said the mojo is ok but theres better around and its overhyped...

Considering how much "hype" is here - Mojo is something very very special.
To tell the truth - $600 is insane amount of money for a DAC in my book, but to take it from me you'd have to kill me. It was made for my brain! Some other brain might be different, but it looks like a lot of us here get what a presious piece of equipment Mojo is.

It is so good, that I almost completely stopped reading this thread because I'm enjoying listening to it nonstop.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #13,522 of 42,765
Ye a store within 25mins of me has it to demo so I'll get there within a week. All in all I have the v moda crossfade wireless i wear walking to the gym and on way to work. Sz1000 will be pretty much the same but for harder bass wants. Haven't spent much time lately with my psb m4u2, looking to sell to fund more audio purchases.

Im basically thinking of the mojo as i love rock from whitesnake/bon jovi through to kings of leon and onto mike and the mechanics and fleetwood mac etc. I want a pair of headphones that when I close my eyes its as though the band are playing close to me and I can feel the spaciousness encapsulating me. Ive heard the fidelio x2 pre gibson are stellar for that kind of music for the price. Any suggestions mate?

I did try some X2's a while ago and they were pretty good especially as you like bass

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #13,523 of 42,765

Do believe he was being sarcastic.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #13,524 of 42,765
Considering how much "hype" is here - Mojo is something very very special.
To tell the truth - $600 is insane amount of money for a DAC in my book, but to take it from me you'd have to kill me. It was made for my brain! Some other brain might be different, but it looks like a lot of us here get what a presious piece of equipment Mojo is.

It is so good, that I almost completely stopped reading this thread because I'm enjoying listening to it nonstop.

Ive spoke to hawaiibadboy on youtube quite a bit. His mojo review when he shows the power with a bass paper example from sz2000's is mental. I would have tested this mojo out within a week in a store within 30mins from me

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #13,525 of 42,765
I received the Mojo today. Unfortunately I can't test it because
A. Mojo requires 10 hour charge before 1st use (according to setup instruction)
B. Dummy me forgot to order a male USB OTG cable for the USB-C adapter (seen attached to WP)

I purchased a longer USB charge cable, I was surprised how short the included one is.

Love the size of the Mojo. Can't wait to hear it one day!

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #13,526 of 42,765
I received the Mojo today. Unfortunately I can't test it because
A. Mojo requires 10 hour charge before 1st use (according to setup instruction)
B. Dummy me forgot to order a male USB OTG cable for the USB-C adapter (seen attached to WP)

I purchased a longer USB charge cable, I was surprised how short the included one is.

Love the size of the Mojo. Can't wait to hear it one day!]

Only needs charging until the light goes off, unfortunately that doesn't help with the lack of cable :frowning2:

Why do we now have yet another different USB connection, why couldn't they just stick to micro USB for all phones and portable devices, it would make things a lot simpler.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #13,527 of 42,765
Only needs charging until the light goes off, unfortunately that doesn't help with the lack of cable :frowning2:

Why do we now have yet another different USB connection, why couldn't they just stick to micro USB for all phones and portable devices, it would make things a lot simpler.

type c usb has much more power draw and potential for more accessories i think

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #13,529 of 42,765
After reading comments from the other forum, I would conclude that quite a number of the negativity stems from 2 main issues:

1) transient response and precision of reproduction
2) coloration of sound

Because of the way each person perceives sound, it isn't wrong they feel that way or hear things differently from their comfort zones or preferences but I guess it's just the way they articulate their feelings that's quite off putting.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #13,530 of 42,765
After reading comments from the other forum, I would conclude that quite a number of the negativity stems from 2 main issues:

1) transient response and precision of reproduction
2) coloration of sound

Because of the way each person perceives sound, it isn't wrong they feel that way or hear things differently from their comfort zones or preferences but I guess it's just the way they articulate their feelings that's quite off putting.

I only read the first page, but it sure read as expectation bias, and design hate vs actually listening to the thing. I agree, there is oodles of negativity pouring from that thread.

Funny thing is that both the points you listed are the strengths of the Mojo. Seems like haters just gonna hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back