Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #7,366 of 42,765
  I wonder how many Mojos Santa will be delivering, around the world, this xmas?

My guess is many hundreds!

He's got mine wrapped!
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #7,370 of 42,765
Is that the WMC-NWH10 cable ? Did you have to pay customs charges ?

I've got one of these from Amazon:
Custom Walkman Digital Audio Output Cable for OPPO HA-2 WM-Port to USB Micro B with 90 Degrees L-Shape Plugs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YWEHSQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_J2zEwbTMW366P

But it's a xmas gift to me so haven't been allowed to try it :cry:

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #7,371 of 42,765
 need your help guys

i am sure many of u who won the mojo have an android phone and some also have an ak dap

so which paring do u prefer

ak----mojo ---- your iem

or 

android phone--- mojo ----your iem

and why

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #7,372 of 42,765
Custom Walkman Digital Audio Output Cable for OPPO HA-2 WM-Port to USB Micro B with 90 Degrees L-Shape Plugs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YWEHSQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_J2zEwbTMW366P

Can you use that cable to connect to the Mojo ?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #7,374 of 42,765
Can't see why it won't work if it works with the oppo. And it's right angled so won't stick out so stupidly.
I'll let you know on Friday if it works with the A15.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #7,376 of 42,765

FYI - It didn't work for me with ZX2 and MoJo

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #7,377 of 42,765
I have the ZX100 not ZX2 but stunning is the short answer. It drains the Sony battery 4 or 5 times quicker than using it on its own (I get 60+ hours as a walkman and about a working day as a transport for the mojo)

Sorry I thought you had the ZX2. I've found I don't really need an amp, but of course, have read a number of positive feedback about the Mojo.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #7,378 of 42,765
I picked up a Mojo yesterday.  As many have previously indicated, the DAC is exceptional.  I compared it to the Hugo DAC using the Leckerton UHA-6S amp to control for differences in the Mojo and Hugo’s respective amp sections.  I couldn’t hear a difference.  Both devices have really upped the ante on portable DAC resolution.  They depict spacial information previously only audible to me on my desktop DAC.  Unfortunately, once I got the Mojo home, I realized that its amp noise floor is quite audible with IEMs.  It’s right around the cusp of being a deal breaker.  I haven’t yet decided.

I don’t really fault Chord for this.  They know just a handful of us will take issue with this noise floor.  If they’d optimized the amp for IEM use, hundreds of fools would complain because the Mojo wouldn’t offer enough gain to their HD800s.

Running HD800s from a tiny portable amp is like pulling an oversized semi truck load with a pickup.  You might actually be able to do it.  But it’s never going to work well, as no pickup truck has sufficient power and torque for the task.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #7,379 of 42,765
I picked up a Mojo yesterday.  As many have previously indicated, the DAC is exceptional.  I compared it to the Hugo DAC using the Leckerton UHA-6S amp to control for differences in the Mojo and Hugo’s respective amp sections.  I couldn’t hear a difference.  Both devices have really upped the ante on portable DAC resolution.  They depict spacial information previously only audible to me on my desktop DAC.  Unfortunately, once I got the Mojo home, I realized that its amp noise floor is quite audible with IEMs.  It’s right around the cusp of being a deal breaker.  I haven’t yet decided.

I don’t really fault Chord for this.  They know just a handful of us will take issue with this noise floor.  If they’d optimized the amp for IEM use, hundreds of fools would complain because the Mojo wouldn’t offer enough gain to their HD800s.

Running HD800s from a tiny portable amp is like pulling an oversized semi truck load with a pickup.  You might actually be able to do it.  But it’s never going to work well, as no pickup truck has sufficient power and torque for the task.

My mojo is completely black silent with extremely sensitive 12 driver Ciems.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #7,380 of 42,765
@Rob Watts or @Mojo Ideas, or anyone please.

Please I have a question about the 'line-out' specification of the Mojo. I read in the Mojo manual that pressing both volume buttons puts in in line-out mode at 3V.

1. Is that 3V peak-to-peak, or 3V peak. I have been reading that line-level is 1.7V peak and 3.5 peak to peak.

2. If the Mojo sets to 3V peak, how much would we reduce the volume to make it equate to 1.7V peak. (What sort of colour configurations on the volume buttons.)

Many thanks to anyone that can clear this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back