Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #7,336 of 42,765
Food for thought from arguably the greatest recording engineer and progressive artist. http://www.digitaltrends.com/features/interview-steven-wilson-on-high-res-hand-cannot-erase/

Four Grammy nominations for best surround sound mix kind of speaks for itself.

He hasn't exactly got much competition in the surround sound producing / mixing world, has he ! ?

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #7,337 of 42,765
He hasn't exactly got much competition in the surround sound producing / mixing world, has he ! ?

Considering Steven Wilson has been nominated four times but has yet to win, I would say there are a number of talented engineers. Further, if you have never heard his solo work, a Porcupine Tree album you should give it a listen.

Even if his music is not to your tastes, an album like 'The Raven That Refused To Sing' with assistance by Allan Parsons (the engineer on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon) will demonstrate what a truly amazing recording sounds like.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #7,339 of 42,765
Considering Steven Wilson has been nominated four times but has yet to win, I would say there are a number of talented engineers. Further, if you have never heard his solo work, a Porcupine Tree album you should give it a listen.

Even if his music is not to your tastes, an album like 'The Raven That Refused To Sing' with assistance by Allan Parsons (the engineer on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon) will demonstrate what a truly amazing recording sounds like.

I have "The Raven...blu ray. It's not bad, & very good in places, but I don't typically like progressive music. Just too much going on for me, sometimes, less is more !

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #7,340 of 42,765
  But if you could only choose one where portability was not a factor, which would you choose?

My advice to anyone who finds themselves in that hypothetical situation would be...get a job.

I got a short cable coming in so that ugly wrap around will be gone soon

If you want an answer I'd take neither and opt for the iDSD nano as it seems to last forever and is pretty awesome. I'd tell micro and mojo to hold hands and take a long walk off a short pier since I would hate to be making a choice I don't have to make.
Makes no sense. Triggers my everybody go to hell switch so I'd walk away from both.

/non answer to kinda non question
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #7,341 of 42,765
I have "The Raven...blu ray. It's not bad, & very good in places, but I don't typically like progressive music. Just too much going on for me, sometimes, less is more !

Sorry, I must not have been clear, I was not speaking about the music but the production and recording, the technical aspects where I believe Raven stands near the pinnacle.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #7,342 of 42,765

My advice to anyone who finds themselves in that hypothetical situation would be...get a job.

If you want an answer I'd take neither and opt for the iDSD nano as it seems to last forever and is pretty awesome. I'd tell micro and mojo to hold hands and take a long walk off a short pier since I would hate to be making a choice I don't have to make.
Makes no sense. Triggers my everybody go to hell switch so I'd walk away from both.

wink.gif

Thanks Man! (Ran out of Reps)

But what if you happened to be unemployable!
blink.gif

what you are really saying is get 3 Jobs and buy all 3.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #7,343 of 42,765
Sorry, I must not have been clear, I was not speaking about the music but the production and recording, the technical aspects where I believe Raven stands near the pinnacle.

I know that you were talking about production. I think SW is a little overrated on that score, compared to at least a couple of surround producers that I can think of....Elliot. S. & Greg Penny, come to mind.

Anyway, we're digressing from thread subject....

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #7,344 of 42,765

wink.gif

blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Or ditch the missus - that oughta save a few hundred bucks a month
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #7,345 of 42,765
I know that you were talking about production. I think SW is a little overrated on that score, compared to at least a couple of surround producers that I can think of....Elliot. S. & Greg Penny, come to mind.

Anyway, we're digressing from thread subject....

I was not discussing Wilson's merits as a surround sound engineer (I dispise 5.1 recordings) but as a regular recording engineer and more particularly his stereo 96/24 recordings. But you are right I do not want to derail this thread.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #7,346 of 42,765

blink.gif

biggrin.gif

If...and some folks are.... in a bind or on disability I'd go with my answer and advise to choose between the mojo or micro later depending on their specific prefs and try to hear them both if at all possible. I have been swamped with all things Christmas so the Mojo has not had the head time that the other 2 had already so until I really enjoy the Mojo I cannot say much except I love mine.
If some person from the society of you can only have one bro does come a knocking ...chaos will ensue....I will not be separated from my awesome stuff.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #7,347 of 42,765
I wonder how many Mojos Santa will be delivering, around the world, this xmas?

My guess is many hundreds!

It's hard enough keeping up with the thread now Mython, especially if you miss a day or two. What's it going to be like after Christmas? !!

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #7,348 of 42,765

I wonder how many Mojos Santa will be delivering, around the world, this xmas?

My guess is many hundreds!

It's hard enough keeping up with the thread now Mython, especially if you miss a day or two. What's it going to be like after Christmas? !!

Actually, I hadn't even considered that! Heaven help us! LOL

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #7,349 of 42,765

Or ditch the missus - that oughta save a few hundred bucks a month
evil_smiley.gif

If only I could afford the legal fees but then I would miss someone to press the on button on the dishwasher.
etysmile.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,350 of 42,765
Doing some extended time comparing my Mojo/Z5c phone combo to a ZX2 and not come to any conclusion yet but just wondering thoughts on others who have both (combination does need to support streaming).

I'm edging to Mojo for best ultimate sound quality but ZX2 best for portable use due to better size/weight/ergonomics screen-off use (controls) and battery life.

What do others think?

PS. I only use IEM's, mostly Shure SE846's. I'm currently tending to just use the Mojo at home. Also, Mojo playing DSD native to Mojo (White) is still best I've heard but don't have many DSD so not a big decider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back