Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #2,011 of 42,765

They're gonna get stuffed by Chelski today.  (This statement is vaguely related to the Mojo)

your crap prediction reinforced my Mojo... West Ham 2 Chelsea 1...
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,013 of 42,765
There's a difference between posting valid impressions from which people can make informed choices and drawing inferences from the price tag and what people can't hear.

Very true sir!

For better or worse, the best SQ I've had so far comes from the most expensive DAC / amps and IEMs I've bought. On the other hand, when I started, I got amazing enjoyment from my first pair of mid-price IEMs and budget DAP + budget amp. Everything since has been incremental improvements in SQ and personal preference in terms of musicality / soundstage / synergy for my favourite type of music etc.

I would never encourage anyone to buy the most expensive bit of kit just for the sake of it.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,014 of 42,765

I found opposite. I installed the Chord driver and shows new Audio Device & in properties/Advanced shows everything from 2 channel 16/44,000 to 32/384,000.

I did try Foobar2000 and got dsf files playing via headphone out but then couldn't be bothered to spend time getting correct out via the DAC with some add-ins so I purchased the JRiver software (only £33) and that works perfectly especially after setting Bitstreaming for DSD.  My XPS13 with 1TB and JRiver is now my home player (Note4 with 128SD/Mojo portable use). Not interference of any kind via USB connection with both.

Sorry, I probably wasn't too clear in my post. In Properties/Advanced I see the same as you and get numerous options all the way up to 32/384,000. It's Properties/Supported Formats that I'm only seeing 4 check boxes with rates ranging between 44.1 & 96.0 kHz (can select more than one).

Could be that's how it's meant to look and more than likely I'm just getting a bit confused - in which case please ignore my ramblings. In my defence the Mojo is the first DAC I've owned that's supported rates above 96 kHz over USB and that I've required to install drivers for so never really had to tinker too much 
biggrin.gif

Out of interest does the light on your Mojo change automatically when you switch between tracks with different sample rates or stay constant unless you manually change things?

I'm liking what I've seen of JRiver so far so might well upgrade to the full version after the trial.  £33ish isn't bad for something that seems to do what I need with minimal hassle.

Noticed you are using a pair of SE846 with the Mojo. Whilst not an IEM my Pandora Hope VI is also a bit of a 'freak' in terms of impedance & sensitivity (8 ohm & 105 db I think) and I'm very impressed with the Mojo pairing. A nice black background and the amount of volume control and fine adjustment on offer is very impressive.

With JRiver it changes colour automatically setting DSD's to make colour unless you set Bitstreaming to DSD then Mojo shows white and deals with the file. JRiver is worth the price IMO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,015 of 42,765
  I'm having problems using my new Mojo with Android (Cyanogenmod 11 M12 on a Samsung Galaxy S4). I get no audio output at all when the Mojo is connected via OTG. From a console 'dmesg' says amongst other things "warning! unlikely big volume range" and doing a few web searches I see others having similar problems with USB audio devices. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a solution, so I'm hoping someone here has some insight.

On the plus side it works fine connected to Foobar2000 on my PC, and I have no problems playing DSD files.

Same here I have a Note 3.  Just get the Onkyo Player on Play - you'll have to pay for it.  The Onkyo player comes with its own USB drivers and the Note 3/Mojo/Ray Samuels Blackbird combo,  via the Onkyo player, sound better than my Naim DAC VI..

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,016 of 42,765

your crap prediction reinforced my Mojo... West Ham 2 Chelsea 1...
bigsmile_face.gif

Another 2 goals and Chelski would have won.   :frowning2:   

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #2,021 of 42,765
  Anyone run the Mojo as the DAC in a fullsize hi-fi yet? (just curious)

Headphones or speakers?
I'm listening now to a headphone rig, swapping between Schiit Gungnir Multibit and Chord Mojo.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #2,022 of 42,765
Someone asked about full size stereo and windows phone, as soon as I've worked out how to connect my new mojo to both I'll give feedback. But I bought one today on the difference it made to my Samsung s6 edge on 24/96 flacs

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,025 of 42,765

Anyone run the Mojo as the DAC in a fullsize hi-fi yet? (just curious)

Headphones or speakers?
I'm listening now to a headphone rig, swapping between Schiit Gungnir Multibit and Chord Mojo.

Fullsize as in loudspeakers
smile.gif
   (proper hi-fi ones - not computer active speakers etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back