Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 25, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #14,371 of 42,765
Don't even go there, had a short phase of getting "odd" USB cables, colour changing, light chasing etc...

Crazy what you can get these days!

I still think hand on heart that I prefer the mojo to the Hugo, a much more <mini>"me" sound.

wink.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #14,372 of 42,765
Originally Posted by Duncan 

Don't even go there, had a short phase of getting "odd" USB cables, colour changing, light chasing etc...

Crazy what you can get these days!

I still think hand on heart that I prefer the mojo to the Hugo, a much more <mini>"me" sound.

Quote:

blink.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #14,374 of 42,765
How is it known, how long the battery lasts, or how many recycles it can take before its demise?
Surely this can only be an estimate [which are usually exagerations anyway] not fact.The device may fail to work long before the 10 years or 5000 recycles is reached. Perhaps a better guide would be how long before the line out voltage of 3 volts RMS, is no longer attainable.
Having said that, the fact that 100000 people per month maybe more, will be sending their Mojo back to chord to have the battery replaced is a worrying scenario. With modules making the Mojo updateable,and [has anyone heard of a Mojo falure yet] it seems a reliable product so far, there will be plenty around even if only for desktop use, as miniturisation will reduce the Mojo to a watch sized device by then.
Anyway i'm sure Chord will have forseen these events in their plans to take over the world and will reassure us that they have contingencies in place to deal with it.

Hey slaphead, bet you you cant do a 20 minute analysis only session with the Mojo, thats 20 mins now, no enjoying it now, just analysis

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #14,375 of 42,765
Just picked the mojo up from a store but the store didnt stock the OTG usb cable to connect to my s6 edge for playback. Does anyone know if the usb connecting cable that comes with a cayin c5 works as an OTG cable?? Thought Id ask, struggling to find an OTG cable in a shop

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #14,376 of 42,765
To all those experiencing significant emi/rf issues, get yourself some ferrite devices-you can find them on old cables on your house. You really have to play with the positioning of the devices yo get them to work right. Ive always had atrocious interference that is way louder than the music, but now i seem to have found a placement that eliminates most of it. You need to place the largest one as close to mojo as you can get, wrapping the chord through it several times.

Cant seem to upload a pic with my s7 edge.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #14,377 of 42,765
Seems like Mr. Darko knows more about the way more existing second module...

Quote :
'My hands are tied. What I can tell you is this more functionally diverse module will obviate the need for any physical connection between smartphone and Mojo but also further cement the Mojo’s present position as the number one goto DAC for two-channel rigs below a grand.

‘Game changer’ is an overused phrase that borders on cliché but this second module promises to be exactly that. '
End Quote.

So any hackers present wanna help to untie his hands?

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #14,378 of 42,765
Seems like Mr. Darko knows more about the way more existing second module...

Quote :
'My hands are tied. What I can tell you is this more functionally diverse module will obviate the need for any physical connection between smartphone and Mojo but also further cement the Mojo’s present position as the number one goto DAC for two-channel rigs below a grand.

‘Game changer’ is an overused phrase that borders on cliché but this second module promises to be exactly that. '
End Quote.

So any hackers present wanna help to untie his hands?

John Franks has, himself, discussed the forthcoming modules:

https://youtu.be/DTWcKLI0g7c?t=27m56s

(Darko is clearly referring to the Bluetooth module)

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #14,379 of 42,765
Is it possible I am getting a better sound quality and experience with W7+foobar2000+Mojo+HD600 than W7+foobar2000+SchiitModi2+SchiitAgard2+HD600?

If I am not fool and that's true, what to change? The Modi 2 or the Asgard 2? Or both?
Thanks.

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #14,380 of 42,765
Is it possible I am getting a better sound quality and experience with W7+foobar2000+Mojo+HD600 than W7+foobar2000+SchiitModi2+SchiitAgard2+HD600?

If I am not fool and that's true, what to change? The Modi 2 or the Asgard 2? Or both?
Thanks.

Only if one of them is sampling instead of transmitting bit perfect.

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #14,382 of 42,765

Thanks.

It is possible.
In my opinion you can sell the Modi 2.
Check if you prefer Mojo to Asgard 2, or Mojo on its own.
If you prefer Mojo on its own, you can sell Asgard 2 as well.

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #14,384 of 42,765
John Franks has, himself, discussed the forthcoming modules:

https://youtu.be/DTWcKLI0g7c?t=27m56s

(Darko is clearly referring to the Bluetooth module)

Thanks for the link... Will check it out.
Yeah right Bluetooth makes sense...although I don't like it... But maybe it's APTX MQA :)
But what could be behind the cementing of mojo s position in a 2 channel system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back