Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #14,342 of 42,765
Ask Hawaiibadboy in the basshead thread, he turns his sz2000 into beast mode with a mojo.  He has a vid in his youtube channel.  But the c5 will do just fine, I paired my sz2k with the c5 and it was a great combo.
ye Im in regular contact with him, awesome guy. Have you tried the sz2000 with mojo? Im trying to determine the quality upgrades I will get from using the c5 as my amping source as to the mojo being my dac and amp source. Cheers for replying bro

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #14,343 of 42,765
ye Im in regular contact with him, awesome guy. Have you tried the sz2000 with mojo? Im trying to determine the quality upgrades I will get from using the c5 as my amping source as to the mojo being my dac and amp source. Cheers for replying bro

I sold mine awhile ago but gonna buy another pair. There is no,other headphone like it and probably will never be again. So I want a pair before they are all gone.

If your kung-fu is good with the eq and you have the funds the mojo is a great choice. It will probably kill the upgrade big for awhile too. That's why I just went ahead and got one. No need to upgrade from here. I would prefer a bass switch but no need if you know how to eq.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #14,344 of 42,765
I sold mine awhile ago but gonna buy another pair. There is no,other headphone like it and probably will never be again. So I want a pair before they are all gone.

If your kung-fu is good with the eq and you have the funds the mojo is a great choice. It will probably kill the upgrade big for awhile too. That's why I just went ahead and got one. No need to upgrade from here. I would prefer a bass switch but no need if you know how to eq.
ye I'll probs grab an sz2k aswell as they are going to be hot property down the line. Theyre unique, im learning the EQ, i take a preset then custom the bass if the vocals are crisp. I got it sounding good for my ears, it will get better in time.

Im going to an audio shop tomorrow morning to test this mojo. Im happy to drop £400 if it sounds as good as everyone says plus its future proofing. Im eyeing up the se846 or beyer t5p 2nd gen, both of which should pair awesome with mojo

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #14,345 of 42,765
I am also puzzled by this. The iPhone results I work from is 3uV noise - which is the same as Mojo - the design brief for Mojo was same noise (in uV) as an iPhone. The recent review on these pages pointed to a dynamic range of 106 dB for the iPhone 6 - and at 1v RMS output, that points to 5 uV of noise - actually worse than Mojo's 3uV.

So hiss on a very sensitive IEM with Mojo should be the same as an IPhone or actually quieter, but with the added plus of 5 times more output voltage too.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I want to use the Mojo with my Shure se846, which are very sensitive at 9 Ohm output impedance. iPhone 6+'s output impedance is 3.6 Ohm, so I thought that the mojo with it's stunning 75 mOhm would be much quieter. It seems it's not only the output impedance that matters as far bg noise floor is concerned; please excuse my ignorance.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #14,346 of 42,765
I am also puzzled by this. The iPhone results I work from is 3uV noise - which is the same as Mojo - the design brief for Mojo was same noise (in uV) as an iPhone. The recent review on these pages pointed to a dynamic range of 106 dB for the iPhone 6 - and at 1v RMS output, that points to 5 uV of noise - actually worse than Mojo's 3uV.

So hiss on a very sensitive IEM with Mojo should be the same as an IPhone or actually quieter, but with the added plus of 5 times more output voltage too.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I want to use the Mojo with my Shure se846, which are very sensitive at 9 Ohm output impedance. iPhone 6+'s output impedance is 3.6 Ohm, so I thought that the mojo with it's stunning 75 mOhm would be much quieter. It seems it's not only the output impedance that matters as far bg noise floor is concerned; please excuse my ignorance.
whivh usb cable u r using ?

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #14,349 of 42,765
I run a mojo in my car every day the way you described and I love it
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you sure the mojo's noise floor doesn't bother you? How can you concentrate on driving? 
blink.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #14,350 of 42,765
  Love the acoustic in this recording:

and these are pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN820UnMrEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYbeJzWmt4&feature=youtu.be&t=41m28s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRQoMzXIZ3M

.Some of my favourite renditions of Bach Cello Suites, the smooth flowing of his playing has always grabbed me.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #14,354 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back