Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #14,312 of 42,765
I was thinking of an USB out on a radio running Android.. That way you could you could use the controls of the car radio... It didn't even come to my mind to use the phone... Since it is forbidden to use in a car with running engine... At least in Germany... I think I am getting old
smily_headphones1.gif

with my vehicle you can do that with an iPhone. I don't do iPhone, so useless for my application. in the US playing with device while driving is illegal also, but I have many playlists and load those up prior to getting on the road

I think you guys are talking about USB-input, no point in having an output on the headunit.  The newer aftermarket headunits support android and ios, don't know about OEM headunits.  Haven't bought a new car in years.  No point in using the mojo if your gonna use it with radio through the usb.  its going to bypass the any dac you use and use the headunits own dac.

with that being said.  I'm gonna have to rip my car apart and install an AUX cable to see how the mojo does in my setup.  If I like it enough my next build will be a tablet and dac setup.

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #14,313 of 42,765

with that being said.  I'm gonna have to rip my car apart and install an AUX cable to see how the mojo does in my setup.  If I like it enough my next build will be a tablet and dac setup.

I use the aux input connected to my portable dac / amp which in turns streams tidal (hifi), or I stream with plex media server back to my NAS (both over LTE) coming from my source tablet dujour

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #14,314 of 42,765

I use the aux input connected to my portable dac / amp which in turns streams tidal (hifi), or I stream with plex media server back to my NAS (both over LTE) coming from my source tablet dujour

Ya it was stupid of me not to put in the extra cable when I did my install.  I was thinking why the hell do I need AUX for,  I got BT and USB now.

FAIL...

Now I got to take the dash apart for one cable.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #14,315 of 42,765

Ya it was stupid of me not to put in the extra cable when I did my install.  I was thinking why the hell do I need AUX for,  I got BT and USB now.

FAIL...

confused_face.gif
 No "Face Palm" emoji available

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #14,316 of 42,765

FAIL...

confused_face.gif
 No "Slap Face" emoji available

Will this do?
biggrin.gif
:

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #14,318 of 42,765
Mar 24, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #14,320 of 42,765
@captblaze
Yeah that's an option, but it lacks flexibility... Like playing Death Metal, while anoid by other drivers

@chillaxing
But the blunt aside :D The signal would be send back to the radio through the analog mojo output... So I ment usb out...

Cheers

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #14,321 of 42,765
Just caved in after months of reading reviews and got a Mojo.  I'm looking at the Fiio M3 as a transport as it's tiny and don't want to have a massive stack on the move. Is anyone using the M3 as transport or have any other DAP ideas to keep the stack small please? Preferrably with up to 64GB card slot and play FLAC?

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #14,322 of 42,765
Just caved in after months of reading reviews and got a Mojo.  I'm looking at the Fiio M3 as a transport as it's tiny and don't want to have a massive stack on the move. Is anyone using the M3 as transport or have any other DAP ideas to keep the stack small please? Preferrably with up to 64GB card slot and play FLAC?
Welcome to the family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back