Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 25, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #14,356 of 42,765
Which add-on is that one ? :basshead:

it was kind of blurry in details, and it is still unnamed, but it works as a battery / connector of sone sort

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #14,357 of 42,765
Can we not post pics like that without explaining what it is?  What's the point, hype us up and have us beg asking you what it is?

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #14,358 of 42,765
  Can we not post pics like that without explaining what it is?  What's the point, hype us up and have us beg asking you what it is?

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/03/chord-electronics-extend-mojo-at-canjam-socal-2016/

Its a ridiculous $45.00 box that is completely hollow and said to make it easier to strap the Mojo to an iPhone or Android device without covering the screen. End of story.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #14,360 of 42,765
Today is the first chance I've had to listen to the Mojo at length, this time with my DT880 Pros. I've been feeding it some ALAC (16/44.1) of various classical pieces and there's definitely something about this little box. It's almost as if it's tamed the DT880s a bit.

At first I thought it had pulled the treble back a bit, but no the DT880 treble is still there, it's just, I don't know, more natural.

I'm currently listening to Mozarts Piano Concerto 23, and I just seem to be.... .....getting distracted by the music. It's like I'm involved with it more than usual.

Being the cynic that I am I'm going to put it down to the psychological desire to want to like a new thing.

That said there does seem to be something going on, I just can't put my finger on it.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #14,362 of 42,765
I'm not the original person who took the picture, the author spotted it at socal, and is "supposedly" to replace connection of the mojo into standard usb so it "might" solve otg cable and cck issue, according to what i read. this is a confirmed accessories and will be up for a giveaway by chord when the announcement is ready

The accessory doesn't do anything except for swallowing (encasing) the CCK for a neater package. Chord has announced this a long time ago and it's the first in a series of add-ons for the Mojo. It won't solve any "issue" except for the issue of a messy cable connection, and won't replace your current cables.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #14,363 of 42,765
The accessory doesn't do anything except for swallowing (encasing) the CCK for a neater package. Chord has announced this a long time ago and it's the first in a series of add-ons for the Mojo. It won't solve any "issue" except for the issue of a messy cable connection, and won't replace your current cables.

so for the otg android it functions the same?or just cck only?

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #14,364 of 42,765
so for the otg android it functions the same?or just cck only?

Tuck your existing cable in the box. Plug in power to the extended USB.

From the article:

"Bringing extra length to the Mojo is Chord’s soon-to-released and as-yet-unnamed extension kit: a near-hollow plastic extender clips onto the Mojo and, plus-sized devices aside (see header pic), better facilitates smartphone strap-on. The extender widget’s internals swallows the larger end of Apple’s CCK or an Android OTG cable.

A small internal circuit board ensures that a charging port remains accessible without the need for widget detachment. Expect pricing on the Mojo extender kit to come it at around US$45 (which includes rubber bands)."

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #14,365 of 42,765
Maybe useful to iPhones but not Android phones IMO.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #14,366 of 42,765
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/03/chord-electronics-extend-mojo-at-canjam-socal-2016/

Its a ridiculous $45.00 box that is completely hollow and said to make it easier to strap the Mojo to an iPhone or Android device without covering the screen. End of story.
Where did that nonsense come from! We will be supplying six difficult to get USB cables of various types plus, two optical cables, plus four bands and the adaptor for both Apple and android phones for around the figure you mention why are you sniping at us? When all we are trying to achieve with this pack is to help people who may not be so up in this hobby as you obviously are to get started with mojo. This total package is not a money maker for us if you think it is so ridiculous, you don't have to buy it. It module is the size it is for several reasons one to swallow the Fat end of the Apple CCK two it had to be a reasonable size to match the other far more complex modules that have so much electronics inside that they had to be that size. John Franks.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #14,367 of 42,765
Where did that nonsense come from! We will be supplying six difficult to get USB cables of various types plus, two optical cables, plus four bands and the adaptor for both Apple and android phones for around the figure you mention why are you sniping at us? When all we are trying to achieve with this pack is to help people who may not be so up in this hobby as you obviously are to get started with mojo. This total package is not a money maker for us if you think it is so ridiculous, you don't have to buy it. It module is the size it is for several reasons one to swallow the Fat end of the Apple CCK two it had to be a reasonable size to match the other far more complex modules that have so much electronics inside that they had to be that size. John Franks.

To be fair that article fails to mention the collection of cables that come with it, and with that in mind $45 for seemingly just a bolt on plastic box seemed a bit much, even for me where in Switzerland we pay through the nose for a lot of basic things.

For me it would be worth the price for the cables alone - last week I paid more than $45 just for two 1 meter micro USB cables just to hook my Mojo up.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #14,368 of 42,765
I read the article and I don't see a company yielding so much expensive technology into a package so marvelously suited and affordable for the typical smart phone owner to enjoy music in ways only audiophiles have, not following through properly...it is not reasonable.

I am excited about the modules coming and expect them to be of the same top shelf quality as the Mojo.   

I get the strangest feeling that I am holding technology in my hand that I can no way afford, yet here it is in a tiny package, giving me clarity and detail previously unthought of.  

No way this company goes this far for us, only to let us down.  It isn't going to happen.  

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #14,369 of 42,765
It does seem like it's probably little more than an unfortunate case of 'Chinese whispers'.

As Geoffrey Rush famously said, in the film 'Shakespeare in Love', "it will turn out well!"

I've known about the cables for a while, and I'm confident this bundle will be of benefit to everyone.

A substantial proportion of this thread is concerned with the hunt for suitable cables, and all of us know how awkward it is to locate them and ship them from other countries, so I reckon it'll be self-evident that the forthcoming cable bundle is not about profit, but about making Mojo customers lives easier.

I must say, I was rather hoping that the module would be translucent, with a colour-changing LED 'mood-light', within.  Oh well, I guess one can't have everything! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #14,370 of 42,765
Don't even go there, had a short phase of getting "odd" USB cables, colour changing, light chasing etc...

Crazy what you can get these days!

I still think hand on heart that I prefer the mojo to the Hugo, a much more "me" sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back