Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 14, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #13,216 of 42,765
  that;s usually what i do but

1,.i forgoet there are two leverls of "red" and plug in is more difcciluctly when you need to find out if its's low vol red or high vol red.
2. is instant mute less interesteing to people than double buttons to set to line out? even just auto go to minum and work you way up woud be so much niver IMO...

@Mojo ideas

KIP a KZ ATE again...

1. Unfortunately, there's a slight learning curve when it comes to managing volume levels with the Mojo (also has to do with the Line Level shortcut which although doesn't remember the setting once off but some users forget that they might have manually set it to 1.9V instead of the 3V)
2. The volume memory is actually a feature that was ported from suggestions to the Hugo because the Hugo would always start from 0, which annoyed some users because they always had to dial up to the desired volume every time they wanted to listen to the Hugo.

In my opinion, the main issue with volume in play here is that although the Mojo is designed for mobile joy, meaning that it's typically used for on the go and with IEMs, thus the volume memory is in play because of ease of use (plug and play). However, because the Mojo is SO GOOD, it's also seen time as a desktop replacement, which then makes users fiddle with the line level output or sometimes just adjust the volume to drive more difficult to drive full sized headphones. THEN when it goes back into portable mode, forgetting to dial down those settings are going to hurt a lot (It has happened to me. Silly me wanted to AB between IEM and also via my ALO RXMK3B in line level mode. Bad idea).
Taken note of these however, I do believe that the module(s) that Rob and John are working on could probably have a similar cut off feature like that if it were implementable.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #13,217 of 42,765
I'd just be realiy happy if you coud choose between more for line out.

My my purposes, i rearely usit DAC only mode, so doulbe press for mute would be 1000X better for than deafenin me and destroying my IEMs in the proecrss.

wasn't expensive for IEMS but i liekd them and won't see a new set for a month. just some KZ ATE whch keep a few on hand of .

I persnoally wold be much bigger fan of starting from and working up. I'd hate to lose anoter set of IEM this way.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #13,218 of 42,765
Ideally, volume to automatically reset to zero on powering off would get my vote.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #13,219 of 42,765
  Ideally, volume to automatically reset to zero on powering off would get my vote.

^ Or any kind of shortcut to mute would be excellent, like hold vol down to start at mute, really helps for people using 2V Line out (4 step down from default "line level") as it is saved on reboot.

In my case, my Mojo is muted before I plug my CIEM in. It wouldn't be funny when a expensive CIEM blow just that I didn't bother holding the volume button down for a few seconds.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #13,221 of 42,765
If it were the same price, would you buy thr Hugo or Mojo?

Mojo for me.

For me subjectively, the warmer presentation of the Mojo is more pleasant.

Objectively, the Mojo have superior user experience. From the interface, the I/O ports to the form factor. The Mojo ticks more boxes than the Hugo.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #13,224 of 42,765
I did, I found dx80 much better

I thought you didn't like the DX80s sound? Or is it the UI? The DX90 is an ideal transport for Mojo, similar size and tells it like it is :wink:

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #13,225 of 42,765
If it were the same price, would you buy thr Hugo or Mojo?

Hugo for its more transparent sound. But I like the Volume and Coax input being remembered and the colour lighting on bedroom ceiling provided by Mojo! So lucky to have both, Hugo being in lounge, and headphone use now practically replacing 30 years of HiFi listening.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #13,226 of 42,765
Well I am throwing these IEMs in the garbage. There is no saving them, plugging them into a Mojo with too hot a signal destoyed them ireeperably!
I need to figure out of some kind of muting mechanism for the mojo.

Hopefully we'll see a way to mute it that doesn't require 5 minutes of holding down the volume button?

@Mojo ideas

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #13,227 of 42,765
Hugo for its more transparent sound. But I like the Volume and Coax input being remembered and the colour lighting on bedroom ceiling provided by Mojo! So lucky to have both, Hugo being in lounge, and headphone use now practically replacing 30 years of HiFi listening.

Totally agreed. Soundwise I much prefer Hugo over Mojo but for mobile use mojo is a no brainer.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #13,228 of 42,765
I'm close to ordering a Mojo this week after an underwhelming experience with the Fiio X7 (which is being returned).

I have been using a HRT Microstreamer which I've been extremely happy with SQ wise and use this daily at work playing my downloaded extreme quality Spotify playlists off my laptop. Occasionally I will dip into my collection of FLAC but this is rare as I personally don't notice that much improvement vs. Spotify. 

I switch between Fischer Amps FA-4E XB, Flare R2A and Fidelio L2 (also just got some VE Zen 2.0 which I've not tried yet but looking for something that can suitably drive them to their best), and my home speaker set-up is a pair of Genelec studio speakers and Adam A5 which both run off the line-out from HRT Microstreamer.

My question is, how much improvement would I experience with the Mojo?

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #13,229 of 42,765
Well I am throwing these IEMs in the garbage. There is no saving them, plugging them into a Mojo with too hot a signal destoyed them ireeperably!
I need to figure out of some kind of muting mechanism for the mojo.

Hopefully we'll see a way to mute it that doesn't require 5 minutes of holding down the volume button?

@Mojo ideas

I, for one, am very happy with how the Mojo volume works. Just check the volume before you turn it on if you are having a problem.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #13,230 of 42,765
I, for one, am very happy with how the Mojo volume works. Just check the volume before you turn it on if you are having a problem.

Easier said than done when one has too many IEMs and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back