Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 21, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #11,746 of 42,765
Red-Red is only like 5-7 clicks from both off on mojo, I'm using the same CIEMS I was using with my old model: 64 Audio ADEL A12's.

Ok im understanding where your light blue is now. I was looking at the ball from the wrong angle. :) its definitely the same on mine, i just had the red "ON" LED shining through my + Ball. So it looked different.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #11,747 of 42,765
Wow you're listening very loud if you're 40 clicks. It seems inaccurate to use colors, maybe we should say clicks instead from now on.

Yes, I count 38 clicks to red-red. There is some bleed through of color fro the "-" ball to the "+" ball, which is supposed to be white at the very low end. 5-7 clicks would actually be red-white which is very low volume. With iems, I doubt you could listen at true red-red.

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #11,748 of 42,765
Wow you're listening very loud if you're 40 clicks. It seems inaccurate to use colors, maybe we should say clicks instead from now on.

Ok im understanding where your light blue is now. I was looking at the ball from the wrong angle. :) its definitely the same on mine, i just had the red "ON" LED shining through my + Ball. So it looked different.

Yes, I count 38 clicks to red-red. There is some bleed through of color fro the "-" ball to the "+" ball, which is supposed to be white at the very low end. 5-7 clicks would actually be red-white which is very low volume. With iems, I doubt you could listen at true red-red.

I was hoping some member here could kindly 'document' the whole volume spectrum and put it in to a photo for easy reference.

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #11,751 of 42,765
Anyone looking for a case for the Mojo stack, this does the trick. Mine is a Chinese one found on taobao, but I believe this amazon one is similar: http://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Aluminium-DSC-RX100M-DSC-Rx100-Panasonic/dp/B00L7SPKC2

The case is aluminum and padded inside.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #11,752 of 42,765

Are you daft, I was trying to help you out and I'm pretty sure I never said what level I listened at. I'm guessing you realised your mistake with the volume buttons but couldn't actually admit it :rolleyes:

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #11,753 of 42,765
Is there any android phones with dual slot memory cards on the market now?

I have fallen behind on thread "AGAIN" so not sure if your original question had been answered
The only Dual SD card Android phone I remember reading about was the Sygus V2. I don't know if this phone made it to production or has been replaced, updated by another model

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #11,754 of 42,765

the mojo will pair nice with anything that has OTG support. 

this idea where people are buying very expensive players or smart phones to pair with it seems silly to me.

If solely to pair with the Mojo then I would agree not necessary, but if you have a DAP of any cost and it is able to pair with the Mojo this would be a bonus.

My DAP I have bought as a standalone but has the benefit of pairing well with the Mojo (an added benefit)
If the SD Card attachment materialises from Chord for the Mojo......... I may end up with 2 DAPS,  the AK100 and Onkyo DP-X1 surplus to requirements 
basshead.gif

I was trialling a pair of these for Snugs I used them exclusively with the Mojo. They were fantastic -  such a lovely bass. It's a no brainer to pair these 2 up . The Flare R2 Pros fit deep inside the ear canals , need very little volume and are incredibly light and comfortable

Good to hear, I have seen these at 50% on Amazon and considered a pair especially if I also get Snugs Tips, 
BUT this madness has to stop ( oops sorry that was aimed at myself, been buting too many IEM's recently, just waiting delivery of my Encore CIEM's)

The other day I went into a local hi-fi store to see if they still had Piega speakers I could demo. Sadly they'd re-arranged their layout and cut down on the number of speakers, so they didn't have any. They did have the ELAC BS314s, which I like a lot, so I decided to demo them again anyway. 

First up we tried them with some huge Denon integrated that also had a DAC. The sound was awful. I sure as heck didn't remember the BS314s sounding this bad. Switching to the Mojo as the digital source the sound was much improved, but it was clear the amp wasn't so good. The best was using the Mojo as a source to a Mark Levinson amp (I forgot to note the model, but it was $15k or so). The sound was absolutely fantastic. If I'd had longer I would have asked to plug it in to their best system and compare it with whatever DACs were on hand, which were the usual fare of Luxman and Accuphase. 

There are a couple of dealers here who might allow me to indulge myself in comparisons. One of them has the most amazing horn speaker rigs, but I hate asking as the owner doesn't seem to like me at all.

Would love to hear your findings if you ever get a dealer to allow you to indulge 
L3000.gif

Anyone looking for a case for the Mojo stack, this does the trick. Mine is a Chinese one found on taobao, but I believe this amazon one is similar: http://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Aluminium-DSC-RX100M-DSC-Rx100-Panasonic/dp/B00L7SPKC2

Great find

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #11,755 of 42,765
I'm. Wondering and hoping it will be better sounding than mojo

Better how?
What do you need that Mojo isn't offering?
I know you say you want a "wow", but there are so many variables. Mostly the source music.
I would seriously recommend you take your Mojo to a reputable headphone dealer with a playlist you love. Describe to them what you are missing and listen to his recommendations.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #11,756 of 42,765
I just got the Mojo. Can anyone recommend a DAP as a great partner to Mojo? I think it will just need to be a "carrier" as Mojo processes everything else. Good price and similar size will be great for the stacking! Thank you.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #11,757 of 42,765
  I just got the Mojo. Can anyone recommend a DAP as a great partner to Mojo? I think it will just need to be a "carrier" as Mojo processes everything else. Good price and similar size will be great for the stacking! Thank you.

Focus on portable, storage capacity and cost, I think that X5 2nd Gen (I used this combo), or any AK first Gen (AK100, AK100 mk2, AK120) are the best. X3 2nd Gen is also good but it has only one SD card slot.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #11,758 of 42,765
  I have fallen behind on thread "AGAIN" so not sure if your original question had been answered
The only Dual SD card Android phone I remember reading about was the Sygus V2. I don't know if this phone made it to production or has been replaced, updated by another model

thanks for the reply, i was reccommended the onkyo!
too expensive for me as an android transport

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #11,759 of 42,765

Ak100 mk2 for stacking. If you can find one they are pretty cheap, dual slots, optical out, and perfect fit with the Mojo. Of course you need to factor the optical cable in the price. The Sysconcept optical cable I'm using has been flawless. You'll find a bazillion images of the pairing in this thread, including this one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back