Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 22, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #11,761 of 42,765
If Im going to use mojo as a dac on my computer while its charging, where i will plug it? on USB OTG or in the micro usb charging port? A noob question.

Both. One is power only and one is audio only.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #11,764 of 42,765
so far extremely impressed with mojo. I am using it Beyer dt880 600ohm. it sounds as realistic and neutral as it can be. some audiophile binaural recordings sounded so real that it is difficult to put the feelings in words. chord says that it should be compared with a $50k dacs, they are so confident. I have heard in this forum some people comparing mojo with msb analog and dcs debussy. obviously there will not be a clear verdict about mojo being better than or even at par with these expensive DACs because that may affect the interests of so many. even no magazine or website will dare for that. i think even if mojo comes close to these DACs, the game has changed already. IMHO it is the most revolutionary product in hi fi history right now. anybody compared it with other expensive DACs ?

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #11,766 of 42,765
John/Rob - Any estimated release schedule/timings on the Chord Modules and Case?
Thanks

+ 1.  

I almost wish that Chord were not already looking at a module which can act as a source for the Mojo; the newly announced LG G5 android 'phone looks to be a gift to DAC manufacturers who are looking for a UI, storage and streaming front end.  But I am still very interested in what Chord can come up with.  Something nice and simple please!  My iPod 60gb UI would be enough for me.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #11,767 of 42,765
The 2Qute is not at all relevant because it does not have a headphone input. Additionally, it is not an affordable or integrated solution because it would require purchasing a headphone amplifier. Mojo/ Hugo are high and low end portable device options while Mojo TT/ Hugo TT would be high and low end table top device options that will appeal only for home use (hence why removing the battery, adding 1/4 headphone inputs, and placing Mojo into a larger table top enclosure are necessary from a marketing point of view to take it out of the portable market). In that sense Mojo TT fills a gap in Chord's line and I think it would add huge sales. It's unlikely it would take away sales from any of their current products if the pricing was right. For example, I was never considering Hugo for home use but I have been mulling the Hugo TT. Unfortunately the Hugo TT is expensive and has features that I don't need like the battery, remote, etc etc. A Mojo TT would be just right.

I understand your point of view but I am not sure I agree with it in total.  It will be interesting to see what Chord decide to bring to market!

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #11,769 of 42,765
  + 1.  

I almost wish that Chord were not already looking at a module which can act as a source for the Mojo; the newly announced LG G5 android 'phone looks to be a gift to DAC manufacturers who are looking for a UI, storage and streaming front end.  But I am still very interested in what Chord can come up with.  Something nice and simple please!  My iPod 60gb UI would be enough for me.

Does anyone know why the LG is quoted at 2TB with the micro SD but the S7 is only quoted at on board + 200gb?  They both only have 1 micro sd slot right?

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #11,770 of 42,765
  + 1.  

I wish Chord would make an RF/EMI blocking device or cable with it built in, one that doesn't artificially brighten the sound as Rob Watt's has said many audiophile cables do.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #11,771 of 42,765
Are you daft, I was trying to help you out and I'm pretty sure I never said what level I listened at. I'm guessing you realised your mistake with the volume buttons but couldn't actually admit it
rolleyes.gif

Are you mad bro?

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #11,772 of 42,765
Are you daft, I was trying to help you out and I'm pretty sure I never said what level I listened at. I'm guessing you realised your mistake with the volume buttons but couldn't actually admit it
rolleyes.gif

I didn't even know there were 2 double-red levels,  Admitting I was wrong? What are you talking about.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #11,773 of 42,765

I'm very happy to have a new Mojo after returning my first due to defective battery but something strange is happening now.  The new Mojo is much quieter, for example with the old one I listened on red-red most of the time, with this one i'm on light blue-light blue most of the time.  It really is quieter.  Also when I got the new one and powered it on for the first time after charging for 10 hours, it was on yellow-yellow (I had to scroll through the colors backwards to get back to zero and then work my way up to the desired setting), don't know if that means anything.

What phones are you pairing it with? Perhaps your old unit wasn't putting out enough power. Red-red is pretty loud even with planers.

I think I may be able to enlighten you, on the Red-Red thing:

Rock N' Roll, maaan! 
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #11,775 of 42,765

thanks for the reply, i was reccommended the onkyo!
too expensive for me as an android transport

I have both the A&K AK100 and Onkyo, both work well but I personally think the Onkyo is too much a price to pay just for a transport to pair with the Mojo, If you want just a transport for Mojo your phone and an app like UAPP works more than well enough, but if looking for a DAP the Fiio X3,X5, older AK100 etc all work well as well IMO with my preference being the AK100.

Does anyone know why the LG is quoted at 2TB with the micro SD but the S7 is only quoted at on board + 200gb?  They both only have 1 micro sd slot right?

Some manufacturers tend to quote maximum capacity as the largest Micro SD cards available at the time. LG and others quote the theoretical capacity. I think it is safe to assume nearly all devices will accept the maximum capacity Micro SD card available at the time and compatible with newer higher capacity cards as they are released. Most here would ignore what Samsung have stated and try a larger SD card if one was available. 
Take these quoted maximum capacities with a pinch of salt ...........says he who has a 200Gb SD card in the AK100 quoted at 32Gb max. 
L3000.gif

EDIT: They are probably playing safe and quoting capacities that they have actually tried as opposed to theoretical capacities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back