Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #10,801 of 42,765
There is a chance that Im wrong, but IMO the upper treble abruptly roll-off was an deliberate choice by Chord, otherwise the Mojo would be threat to other Chord more expensive products.
Mojo by itselft already caused a disruption on the mkt, Ive been re-listening to all my albums and found a lot of details that I missed, and its been a pleasure.. but on live recorded albums Mojo greatly reduce the space and room sound propagation sense, caused by the lack of natural treble decay.. but for $600 I really dont care! 
Thanks Chord for bringing the Blues again to my life :beerchug:

It depends which sampling rate you are listening to how steep the roll off is. You can see that in the FR measurements:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#PffogP6ZszesAfHz.97

I don't find it an issue. On red book I certainly wouldn't want anything above 20k coming through.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #10,802 of 42,765
Mojo knocks spots off both RWAK100 and AK120. Have setup mojo/RWAK100 as main rig and AK120 alone as a more portable option.
May buy some noble K10UA next or possibly customs

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #10,803 of 42,765
Just wondering if anyone else has had a screw come off the Mojo on the back.  Boy, was I surprised when I found a small screw on my desk and my MoJo had a screw missing!

Oh, well.  I just need to find a a hex driver to screw it back on...

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #10,804 of 42,765
Originally Posted by rkt31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

anybody can tell about the media player which uses asio driver for sound ? vlc player uses mojo as a device and not the mojo asio driver, the result is that the volume control of both vlc and tab remain active unlike foobar where selecting asio bypasses the volume of tab.

Here you are:

http://oryaaaaa.world.coocan.jp/bughead/index.html

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #10,807 of 42,765
It depends which sampling rate you are listening to how steep the roll off is. You can see that in the FR measurements:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#PffogP6ZszesAfHz.97

I don't find it an issue. On red book I certainly wouldn't want anything above 20k coming through.

Most of my files come from DSD and CD. On Hi res media the roll-off is really noticeable, and Im not talking about the piercing treble (that I hate btw), I miss the part of treble that gives us the ambience timing 

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #10,808 of 42,765
Most of my files come from DSD and CD. On Hi res media the roll-off is really noticeable, and Im not talking about the piercing treble (that I hate btw), I miss the part of treble that gives us the ambience timing 

What phones/iems are you using? You can see the FR is ruler flat until the filter cuts it off, so maybe an impedance issue?

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #10,809 of 42,765
What phones/iems are you using? You can see the FR is ruler flat until the filter cuts it off, so maybe an impedance issue?

Tested so far:
SE846 (not an issue, its FR rolls off before the source).
K1001 - Using on other sources (pulse infinity, RWAK100II, ZX2, X3) the flat filter make it unlistenable  and I can really enjoy it on Mojo using the flat filter.
FX1100 - Sounds good but, I miss the sub bass region and the upper treble  specially  on cymbals.
TH900 - The same as FX1100
Momentum 2 - I don't like how it sounds on any device  LOL
K701 - sounds Ok.

I really don't know if its an impedance issue.

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #10,810 of 42,765

Not quite certain what ambiance timing is?

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #10,811 of 42,765
  Not quite certain what ambiance timing is?

Our brain uses timing (and another variants) to pinpoint things in space given a produced sound. 
High frequencies have less energy, are more easily absorbed by objects and tend to be much more directional. 
If you shelve content from the upper treble you loose the sense of size and space in a recording(the ambience generated from other instruments and sounds on a live recording interacting with each other). 

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #10,812 of 42,765

it's really hard to fathom that frequency roll-off above 20,000 Htz is "really noticeable"

Not so say what you're hearing isn't valid, but to say that the "high frequency roll-off" people are talking about probably isn't what you're hearing.  

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #10,814 of 42,765
Thats pretty interesting, people still think that we listen to ONE sine wave tone at a time. 
Its scientifically proven that high frequency content directly interfers on lower frequency ones (the lower ones also interfer on the other frequencies as well).

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #10,815 of 42,765
Thats pretty interesting, people still think that we listen to ONE sine wave tone at a time.
Its scientifically proven that high frequency content directly interfers on lower frequency ones (the lower ones also interfer on the other frequencies as well).

True, but if you are listening to CD quality, for example, there is literally nothing above 22k to reproduce. Any Overtones or undertones etc would have already been encoded in the mix below that frequency. It cannot be there later. So going above those frequencies on CD sampled music cannot get you anything extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back