Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 18, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #841 of 42,788
Were they stacked? With my Fiio E18, I hear EMI only when they're stacked back to back with iPhone. 

That's a question that needs answering from those reporting noise, hopefully they can chime in. If it only happens when stacked then it's potentially one of those 'non-issue for some and a bad problem for others' type scenarios, depending on the intended use-cases.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #842 of 42,788
Well, when I auditioned it with my G3 and the distributor's iPhone 6, there was EMI heard when the phone's were placed exactly next to and stacked on the Mojo. Once apart by around 2 inches, the EMI is inaudible.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #843 of 42,788
That was the original reason I was posting earlier (which I then forgot!!) - anyhow, yes - EMI / RFI whatever it may be is apparent, it comes through the IEM cable in my case (the Laylas in their stock form have a bass adjustor, and it seems to go in via that point) - however, with the cable moved out of the way, the noise is minimal... in my circumstance, this is with a 2G signal (the infamous drum beat type sound), cannot say I've noticed on 3G or LTE / 4G

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #844 of 42,788
mmmm.....not interested in smartphones + Mojo. What I'm interested to hear is from owners of the Tera + Chord Mobile Joy (possible??). Chime in, boys.......German pocket wonder meets Brit pocket wonder.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #845 of 42,788
I just tested the MoJo with the iPhone 5s. No hiss, no interference, no clicks, beeps, bops, etc. Connected with the standard CCK to micro USB cable to MoJo. Tried browsing the web, texting, and even called myself from the land line (the phone rings through the MoJo - blew my ears out!). No noise.

Not sure what the differences are that others may be experiencing but this is my experience with the 5s and MoJo. Also, my X5 and X5ii DAPs are silent connected through coaxial to the MoJo.

I am using very sensitive headphones , pandora 6 has 4 ohm resistance only. It is the lower recommended limit of the Mojo, and the interference is audible when I have items in the download queue while listening. It is no big deal. If I'm at home and want to browse Tidal online I use my MacBook air and it is 100% ok. When outside I use Tidal tracks that are downloaded to the iPhone. I use AKG K3003 outside, they have similar sensitivity. The sound is awesome with both.
By the way I got mine from custom cable and was very happy with their service. Top store, top people in there. I know it is annoying to wait when there is a hype and waiting list. But this is just a couple of days. Even the world's largest company, Apple, has waiting queues and logistical challenges when bringing out a new iPhone. This is (thank god) still a small plant in the middle of England and for their size Chord and distributors are doing a splendid job.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #846 of 42,788
oh the drama! 
popcorn.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #848 of 42,788
I am using very sensitive headphones , pandora 6 has 4 ohm resistance only. It is the lower recommended limit of the Mojo, and the interference is audible when I have items in the download queue while listening. It is no big deal. If I'm at home and want to browse Tidal online I use my MacBook air and it is 100% ok. When outside I use Tidal tracks that are downloaded to the iPhone. I use AKG K3003 outside, they have similar sensitivity. The sound is awesome with both.
By the way I got mine from custom cable and was very happy with their service. Top store, top people in there. I know it is annoying to wait when there is a hype and waiting list. But this is just a couple of days. Even the world's largest company, Apple, has waiting queues and logistical challenges when bringing out a new iPhone. This is (thank god) still a small plant in the middle of England and for their size Chord and distributors are doing a splendid job.

If you mean the Pandora Hope VI, it's impedance is 8ohm. The Mojo is apparently fine with it, according to the makers who adjusted the Mojo after encountering problems with the Hope VI. I'll take my VI along next week or shortly after when the Chord seller down these parts says they will have stock (will also take the 23ohm Ether and 200ohm MHP1000 along for testing purposes, that'll be with Android devices and maybe an iPhone presuming I can borrow one for the day).

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #851 of 42,788
If you mean the Pandora Hope VI, it's impedance is 8ohm. The Mojo is apparently fine with it, according to the makers who adjusted the Mojo after encountering problems with the Hope VI. I'll take my VI along next week or shortly after when the Chord seller down these parts says they will have stock (will also take the 32ohm Ether and 200ohm MHP1000 along for testing purposes, that'll be with Android devices and maybe an iPhone presuming I can borrow one for the day).

Yes I mean FAD Pandora Hoep 6, Mojo is fine with it , but interferences are audible of downloading tracks to Tidal.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #852 of 42,788
Were they stacked? With my Fiio E18, I hear EMI only when they're stacked back to back with iPhone. 

Well of course, else it wouldn't be a very good report, haha. I knew I should have snapped a pic.

Here:

Terrible iPad photo.

:)

And another:

Edit: No noise for me listening with the JH Angie Universal IEM. WiFi and cel network activated with less than optimal tower reception.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #853 of 42,788
I'm really digging the Chord Mojo + HD800 combination.  Very very nice sound out something this small.  A very job well done to their engineering/design team.  

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #854 of 42,788
Yes I mean FAD Pandora Hoep 6, Mojo is fine with it , but interferences are audible of downloading tracks to Tidal.

Will be interesting to see how the interference is with the spectra of impedances I'll be testing out.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #855 of 42,788
:ph34r:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back