Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 2, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #8,236 of 42,765
@heliuscc - I went through the same thought process and settled for the DP-X1 but as a standalone, and pair with the Mojo, second hands AK100 and X3ii

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #8,237 of 42,765
I'm still on my mission for a new transport for my mojo.
The DX50 is nice sounding but the touchscreen does my head in.
The Sony A15 is ok, sounds decent through mojo and is a nice and light combo, but it's not quite there.

So, to the shortlist:
Ibasso DX80 - This sounds like it has a fair amount of firmware issues, pops, clicks etc etc. Shame as it looked ok.
Onkyo DP-X1 - This is probably the favourite right now, but is a big unit and only really available at pricejapan, in a while....
AK100ii - Tempting but AK is overpriced, but have found one for £639, which is £160 under UK RRP
Sony Xperia Z3 compact - Get one second hand for less than £200, will it be as good as a DAP though.

I'm thinking that for ease of use and alloeing the full gamut of freqs that USB OTG is the way forward here, and the Onkyo will also do MQA, but will anybody else use MQA anyway?
Feel a bit like I'm going round in circles to be honest.
What's peoples opinions on best transport??

I got an Ak100 mk2. You can get one for 399 on Amazon. Best size match.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #8,242 of 42,765
I assume that the DAC and amp section of the DAP is bypassed since the Mojo would be solely handling that. Correct?

If so, then I would imagine that when picking a player to use with the Mojo, the only areas to look at are non sound quality areas such as user interface, hard drive size, etc?

Thanks.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #8,243 of 42,765
I assume that the DAC and amp section of the DAP is bypassed since the Mojo would be solely handling that. Correct?

If so, then I would imagine that when picking a player to use with the Mojo, the only areas to look at are non sound quality areas such as user interface, hard drive size, etc?

Thanks.

Correct. Digital either works or it doesn't. You won't for example get better sq from USB over coaxial.
If you want to utilise the dap's DAC, then listen via line out to the mojo.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #8,246 of 42,765
Victory Dirt Wolf IPA, Mojo and some Marvin Gaye helping me get over this crappy Flu:

Cheers! Dirt Wolf is a great DIPA.

Also like Chill Wave from your list.

A few of my favorite IPAs this year:
Palate Shifter
The Taste of Hops to Come
Seeking Alpha
Hercules

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #8,248 of 42,765
My apologies. I don't own one. I plan on getting one though. I would've thought line in would've been a feature.

No line-in, only data-in, and no pre-amp (true) line-out and only headphones line-out, but this shouldn't be the problem. However the price, performance, design, the Mojo is worth it :D. Now, why don't Chord produce DAP ? I would jump on the train lol

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,249 of 42,765
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread/60#post_12214942
Double blue should do it for you!

Thank you. I will post this on the much shorter Mojo Issue Solutions Thread, then it won't get buried. You're the best.

EDIT: There, done it. Post 61 on page 5. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread/60#post_12214942

2nd EDIT: I just found that Rob Watts also relied to this. Thank you too, for post 8201. I didn't see it at first because I clicked Mojo Ideas's post from my email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back