Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #7,906 of 42,765
And now, my ipod is alive again!!! :)

I can't believe something this small can produce this kind of sound quality! This is madness! It can even drive all of my headphones including my planars! Wow. Simply amazing. Glad I purchased this gem.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #7,907 of 42,765
Please can you stream Spotify app at 176k or 192k from iPhone 6s using that cable to mojo because on my MacBook I stream at 176k
Hi all, apologies for the bad quality of the photos but I can vouch that the Lavricables Lightning to USB cable works perfectly between my iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 9.2) and the Mojo. The track on the screen is a 192kHz FLAC file using the Onkyo HF Player and you can see the blue light on the Mojo thus confirming the sample rate.

There were also some concerns on the the AK100 DAP not being able to play tracks over 96kHz via the optical output but again the photo below confirms a 192kHz track being output from the player (actually a Red Wine Audio RWAK100 mod) and being correctly processed by the Mojo. The optical cable is a bog standard one I had lying around but I intend to order a shorter one from Sys Concept soon.

Again, apologies for the out of focus photos and poor lighting but I just wanted to allay anyone's fears over the use of either the Lavricable or the AK100 optical output.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #7,908 of 42,765
i am in the market to buy a new dap to use as a transport as i am about to sell my ak100ii and my galaxy note 3

can you please tell me which dap you use with mojo and the eq works with the mojo

1- so far i know the zx2 eq does not work with mojo
2- cowon p1 i guess it works ? any feedback how the eq of the cowon p1 works with mojo
3- onkyo dp-x1 ???
4- ak320 ???

I assume all ak daps eq work with mojo

please if you will tell me eq is not advised please spare that note as i have my own preferences even if it is not ideal to many others

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #7,909 of 42,765
i am in the market to buy a new dap to use as a transport as i am about to sell my ak100ii and my galaxy note 3

can you please tell me which dap you use with mojo and the eq works with the mojo

2- cowon p1 i guess it works ? any feedback how the eq of the cowon p1 works with mojo
3- onkyo dp-x1 ???
4- ak320 ???

please if you will tell me eq is not advised please spare that note as i have my own preferences even if it is not ideal to many others

I'd also like a hand on this. As I see it so far:
1.DX80 - optical and coax out, but sounds a bit dodge on firmware right now.
2. AK100ii - optical, expensive
3. DX50 - coax, own this, Needs better UI
4. Sony A15 - USB, own this. Good UI but not sure I like the sound as much as DX50
5. Pioneer XDP-100R - USB only, volume limiter issue in EU?
6. Onkyo DP-X1. Sounds interesting.

There doesn't seem to be a perfect transport, so what's the nearest?

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #7,910 of 42,765

3- onkyo dp-x1 ???
4- ak320 ???

Sony's ZX range (1, 2, 100) works using the converter cable.  I just finished a 2 hour session with my ZX100.  The only thing is that DSD files are converted to 176/24 PCM output.  Someone had also confirmed that the A-series works with the said cable.

The Onkyo DP-X1 is working via USB.  See the Head-Fi Facebook page.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #7,911 of 42,765
  Sony's ZX range (1, 2, 100) works using the converter cable.  I just finished a 2 hour session with my ZX100.  The only thing is that DSD files are converted to 176/24 PCM output.  Someone had also confirmed that the A-series works with the said cable.

The Onkyo DP-X1 is working via USB.  See the Head-Fi Facebook page.

guys thanks for the answer but my main question was which of those daps equalizer works with mojo

i thought the zx2 equalizer does not work wiht mojo as that was said in the zx2 thread even if you use the sony usb cable

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #7,912 of 42,765
  guys thanks for the answer but my main question was which of those daps equalizer works with mojo

i thought the zx2 equalizer does not work wiht mojo as that was said in the zx2 thread even if you use the sony usb cable

You're right.  On the ZX100, not even the DSPs ClearAudio and DSEE HX (or whatever) worked with digital out.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #7,913 of 42,765
  You're right.  On the ZX100, not even the DSPs ClearAudio and DSEE HX (or whatever) worked with digital out.

i guess the onkyo dp-x1 is the same its eq will not work with the mojo

so i guess the only daps that their eq works with mojo are ak daps

i think also the eq of cowon p1 works but someone mentioned it works in a negative way

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #7,914 of 42,765

3- onkyo dp-x1 ???
4- ak320 ???

Why sell the AK100ii when it may well be the best DAP for use as transport complete with digital EQ?

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #7,915 of 42,765

Why sell the AK100ii when it may well be the best DAP for use as transport complete with digital EQ?

i did not say its the best dap with a working eq for the mojo as i did not try others but the eq works great 

i fancy eq and i know that cowon has better eq than the ak100ii when used as a standalone dap, but i am not so sure thats the case when connected with the mojo as one person said it might not be a good eq with mojo

my dream dap is the ak380 or ak320 but those are expensive but those have a true parametric eq

so if i can get a dap that i can use as a better standalone dap with better eq than the ak100ii and also connect it to the mojo, i will have accomplished an upgrade in my own opinion

i know what many will say eq is not good with mojo, well again please lets not focus on debating on the use of eq or not

as my main thing i want to accomplish is get a great dap with the best eq out there that connects with the mojo, besides the ak380 as its too expensive

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #7,916 of 42,765
  i guess the onkyo dp-x1 is the same its eq will not work with the mojo

so i guess the only daps that their eq works with mojo are ak daps

i think also the eq of cowon p1 works but someone mentioned it works in a negative way

That's interesting, since Sony digital out will EQ through the Hugo.

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #7,917 of 42,765
  That's interesting, since Sony digital out will EQ through the Hugo.

its so so confusing the sony zx2 thread say opposite what you say

i really would like to buy the zx2 as its a great stand alone dap, but the people over zx2 said the eq does not work with mojo or chord as its a digital out

honestly i am wondering how come things like this are not verified by members who own such daps 

i know many are anti eq but at least thats an area many might be interested in to know as there are many who are pro eq

i really wish to know if other members have a zx2 and that the eq works with the mojo

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #7,918 of 42,765
  i did not say its the best dap with a working eq for the mojo as i did not try others but the eq works great 

i fancy eq and i know that cowon has better eq than the ak100ii when used as a standalone dap, but i am not so sure thats the case when connected with the mojo as one person said it might not be a good eq with mojo

my dream dap is the ak380 or ak320 but those are expensive but those have a true parametric eq

so if i can get a dap that i can use as a better standalone dap with better eq than the ak100ii and also connect it to the mojo, i will have accomplished an upgrade in my own opinion

i know what many will say eq is not good with mojo, well again please lets not focus on debating on the use of eq or not

as my main thing i want to accomplish is get a great dap with the best eq out there that connects with the mojo, besides the ak380 as its too expensive

Unfortunately, the AK380 EQ doesn't work on optical out as of latest firmware. Maybe a firmware update in the future will enable it, but AK240 on down does support EQ.

As for DAPs, you may want to consider an Android phone or device that works via OTG with Mojo. There are several apps that will EQ. For sure Onkyo HF app supports EQ output to Mojo. I personally think USB is a superior connection in terms of future proofing and have confirmed up to DSD256 playback without issue.

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,919 of 42,765

Unfortunately, the AK380 EQ doesn't work on optical out as of latest firmware. Maybe a firmware update in the future will enable it, but AK240 on down does support EQ.

As for DAPs, you may want to consider an Android phone or device that works via OTG with Mojo. There are several apps that will EQ. For sure Onkyo HF app supports EQ output to Mojo. I personally think USB is a superior connection in terms of future proofing and have confirmed up to DSD256 playback without issue.

thanks bflat although i did not expect ak380 eq not to work with mojo that was surprising 

well i really hope some more zx2 owners can once and for all clarify if eq works with mojo or not, i am so so sorry to keep asking the same question over and over again, as the zx2 by itself is a great dap and i got also a good offer for it 

as for android and using it with mojo yes i agree but i want sometimes to use the transport as a dap when jogging so the stacking is suitable for home use or outside walking more, than when on the go and doing some sports or jogging were i like to rely on one device only

so a dap that can do all is a must for me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back