Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 29, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #7,921 of 42,765
I still a very confused on the best way to connect a dx90 to the Mojo, is it through usb to usb or aux cable to aux? I'm Just an idiot I guess

don't feel like that we had the same questions on the hugo thread what is the best transport and i can tell from now after few weeks the talk will be around what is the best transport as that is what happened in the hugo thread and i was confused myslef when i owned the chord hugo, so here we are again with the same question what is the best way to connect the transport to mojo

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #7,922 of 42,765
I still a very confused on the best way to connect a dx90 to the Mojo, is it through usb to usb or aux cable to aux? I'm Just an idiot I guess

I believe DX90 only has coax out to external DAC.

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #7,923 of 42,765
He should read the first pages, all information are shared with connection of different devices to Mojo. The iBasso DX50 and DX90 have both coax output, which is in this case the only way to connect the Mojo. Other devices have different digital output like USB or toslink, some devices like iBasso DX80 have both coax and toslink for example, you can use what ever you want as long it's digital output and not analoge, the cable in case of DX90 can be a simple short mini to mini cable nothing special.

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #7,925 of 42,765
  He should read the first pages, all information are shared with connection of different devices to Mojo. The iBasso DX50 and DX90 have both coax output, which is in this case the only way to connect the Mojo. Other devices have different digital output like USB or toslink, some devices like iBasso DX80 have both coax and toslink for example, you can use what ever you want as long it's digital output and not analoge, the cable in case of DX90 can be a simple short mini to mini cable nothing special.

A dedicated coax cable will work best with the coax output, having both the proper ohm rating and shielding as well as mono plugs. Cheers 

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #7,927 of 42,765
And if used with dx80 then I should use a toslink cable? Toslink to Toslink or usb to Toslink, I am defiently an idiot

Just take some time to read. It took me about five seconds to find out the dx80 has both coaxial and optical digital output that supports 24/192 each so pick one and go with it. You can order a custom optical cable or a custom coaxial cable. Read the third post for links and descriptions to connect the Mojo. It makes no sense to convert from optical to USB.

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #7,928 of 42,765
  A dedicated coax cable will work best with the coax output, having both the proper ohm rating and shielding as well as mono plugs. Cheers 

No it makes zero differences in SQ I compared both, a real 75 ohms shielded coax cable and a regular custom made audio cable without 75 ohma and no shielding (both paired mono plugs) 

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #7,929 of 42,765
Please can you stream Spotify app at 176k or 192k from iPhone 6s using that cable to mojo because on my MacBook I stream at 176k
I personally don't see the point of that, kind of like using a car in first gear at max rpm to do 35...

Leave the mojo to decode at native (44.1 in the case of spotify), Rob Watts has often said that his FPGA works best at 44.1...

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #7,930 of 42,765
And now, my ipod is alive again!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't believe something this small can produce this kind of sound quality! This is madness! It can even drive all of my headphones including my planars! Wow. Simply amazing. Glad I purchased this gem.

Hi,

Can you tell us what is underneath the iPod and what is the mode of connection from that device to the Mojo?

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #7,932 of 42,765

No it makes zero differences in SQ I compared both, a real 75 ohms shielded coax cable and a regular custom made audio cable without 75 ohma and no shielding (both paired mono plugs) 

It would be real easy to test. I don't currently have reliable coaxial sources, but if I did, I could compare a regular 3,5mm stereo cable with a proper 75ohm coaxial cable. I doubt the differences would be much, as earlier, I did just that and found basically nothing between them.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #7,933 of 42,765
That looks g
I'm using velcro for stacking with my AK100.

That looks good. Alot better than using the bands. How did you velcro it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back