Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 17, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #5,266 of 42,765
Makes no logical sense to me at all, who in the right mind would designed something on a product that is obsolete and no longer made? Do you still see mobile phone accessories company still investing toolings to make mobile phone case for iPhone 4?
I think logical is Chord just wanted to designed the Mojo as small as possible hence this design.

i think you're missing my point. I concede that Chord wouldn't design this thing for a 3 year old product (that's still in production, btw... at least, I believe it is). What I'm saying is it pairs well (economically and aesthetically) with the ak100... and not so much with any cellphone on the market. 

'tis all i'm sayin'... 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,267 of 42,765
i think you're missing my point. I concede that Chord wouldn't design this thing for a 3 year old product (that's still in production, btw... at least, I believe it is). What I'm saying is it pairs well (economically and aesthetically) with the ak100... and not so much with any cellphone on the market. 

'tis all i'm sayin'... 

No worries here.
I think only John Franks himself have the answer!

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #5,268 of 42,765
Maybe the size of Mojo was simply dictated by the PCB and battery dimensions with a bit of space for heat dissipation;

900x900px-LL-1ea40879_Slide7.jpeg

H.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #5,269 of 42,765

I hear ya dude. It's just uncanny how perfectly sized these two devices are. But, I'm MORE than willing to chalk it up to a coincidence. 

But, I disagree with what I bolded in your quote above - why would Chord pay attention to the form factor of a DAP that IS a current model? Any DAP being used with the Mojo is being relegated to transport duty. Buying a modern DAP at a "modern" price would be unwise if the intent is to pair to a Mojo. I know they're saying their intended market is the mobile phone market but, this thing is nowhere near the appropriate size for that to be an elegant solution (no offense to those using a phone with their mojo!). Attracting the mobile phone market is just... well... marketing. :wink: Hell, we're hearing people bum about EMI noise when used with cellphones. I just don't really buy it. 

Regarding the battery - they lay the battery right on top of the PCB in the Mojo, right? Why not lay it next to the PCB, making the Mojo longer, and more form fitting for a phone? In a world where our cellphones seem to be getting bigger and bigger it seems like that would've been the way to go if matting the mojo with a cell phone was really the intention, no?

Monday morning quarterbacking engineering choices is fun! 
tongue.gif

Maybe if you had highlighted my following sentence instead, you wouldn't have found anything to disagree with. In any case it follows the form factor of a mobile more closely once you add the connection kit.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #5,270 of 42,765

Maybe if you had highlighted my following sentence instead, you wouldn't have found anything to disagree with. In any case it follows the form factor of a mobile more closely once you add the connection kit.

the connection kit that doesn't exist yet, and is just a 3d printed prototype??

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #5,273 of 42,765
has anyone had their mojo crash? is there a hard reset button input. Mine suddenly cut out while playing and now is unresponsive, not even the battery led will turn on when i plug it into a charger 
triportsad.gif

EDIT: See post below, false alarm

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #5,274 of 42,765
  has anyone had their mojo crash? is there a hard reset button input. Mine suddenly cut out while playing and now is unresponsive, not even the battery led will turn on when i plug it into a charger 
triportsad.gif

It most likely needs to charge a while before it comes back on. Was it on the USB when it crashed or running from the battery? 

If the Hugo discharges totally, it takes 20 minutes or so before it will come back on line. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #5,275 of 42,765

It most likely needs to charge a while before it comes back on. Was it on the USB when it crashed or running from the battery? 

If the Hugo discharges totally, it takes 20 minutes or so before it will come back on line. 

i charged it last night, then today had it playing for a few hours with the charger on. its been over an hour since it's gone unresponsive so it shouldnt be the automatic shut off due to heat. what worries me is that not even the charging indicator comes on when i plug it in now

EDIT: FALSE ALARM I'm really sorry i brought this up. turns out i might have not plugged in my charger properly and it was on battery the whole night
ph34r.gif
. now it's back to charging and im a happy camper. and thanks to @jamato8 for suggesting the battery thing, otherwise i would've panicked too much to check. As an apology here is a liquid carbon for scale:

excuse the poor lighting, its 2:30 am and i didnt want to turn the lights on

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #5,276 of 42,765
  i charged it last night, then today had it playing for a few hours with the charger on. its been over an hour since it's gone unresponsive so it shouldnt be the automatic shut off due to heat. what worries me is that not even the charging indicator comes on when i plug it in now

EDIT: FALSE ALARM I'm really sorry i brought this up. turns out i might have not plugged in my charger properly and it was on battery the whole night
ph34r.gif
. now it's back to charging and im a happy camper. and thanks to @jamato8 for suggesting the battery thing, otherwise i would've panicked too much to check. As an apology here is a liquid carbon for scale:

LOL, happened to me a lot with the amount of travel I do. That is why all of my USB chargers have lights on them.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,277 of 42,765
Taking my Mojo on its first international trip, back to the place where this all began at The Shard. And flying with true mojo on Virgin Atlantic "UpperClass"!

Cheers

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5,278 of 42,765
Mojo has shipped, looking forward to share my impressions thx TTVJ.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,279 of 42,765

Taking my Mojo on its first international trip, back to the place where this all began at The Shard. And flying with true mojo on Virgin Atlantic "UpperClass"!

Cheers

Where did you got this cable?
How do you deal with ISO DSD files and the AK100?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back