Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 6, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #40,157 of 42,765
Question: What device feeding data to the Mojo makes Mojo sound the best?
(ie laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, digital audio player, something else...)
I assumed they all sounded the same but now I've tried a desktop, laptop, smartphone and "DAP", and the difference is stark between them.

May 6, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #40,158 of 42,765
(ie laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, digital audio player, something else...)
I assumed they all sounded the same but now I've tried a desktop, laptop, smartphone and "DAP", and the difference is stark between them.

Poly or any optical input sounds best to me.

May 6, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #40,159 of 42,765
I’m using my I phone, streaming amazon hd music with the mojo as the amp/dac. Is it worth moving to a more expensive streamer to replace my I phone or wouldn’t I notice the difference.

I you think I would notice a difference, could anyone make any suggestions?

May 6, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #40,160 of 42,765

I don't think theres any difference as long as the Mojo is doing the decoding and amplifying.

May 6, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #40,161 of 42,765
I’m using my I phone, streaming amazon hd music with the mojo as the amp/dac. Is it worth moving to a more expensive streamer to replace my I phone or wouldn’t I notice the difference.

How are you streaming it to the Mojo? The Mojo doesn't have any wireless connectivity in itself.

May 6, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #40,162 of 42,765
Sorry, not steaming. Using the I phone as my main music source, then going into the mojo.

A few people have said before that weakest part of the set up is the i phone and I should look at getting something else.

I’m about ready to do that if people think I will actually hear any difference in quality.

May 6, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #40,163 of 42,765

Are you running the latest version of the Amazon Music HD app?

Can you confirm if they've fixed auto sample rate switching?

So when you play a 44.1kHz album, then a 48kHz album, a 88kHz, 96kHz, 192 kHz - can you see Mojo showing the correct colour for sample rate?

I read previous versions of the app just played at one sample rate, so music content was being resampled.

But wondering if the latest version of their iOS app has fixed this.

I think the iPhone makes a great source - just have it on DND mode (phone calls only) so the screen isn't coming on and off, to reduce power consumption but maybe also reduce some GPU RF?

Also don't be charging the iPhone at the wall while using it with Mojo, unless you charge the phone with a powerbank.

Stay disconnected from AC power while using Mojo for best SQ.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #40,164 of 42,765
Sorry, not steaming. Using the I phone as my main music source, then going into the mojo.

A few people have said before that weakest part of the set up is the i phone and I should look at getting something else.

I’m about ready to do that if people think I will actually hear any difference in quality.

It's not going to make a difference if your mojo is doing everything. The weakest link will be your audio source on your phone. Doesn't matter if you have a $5000 A&K player or a $50 samsung android.

May 6, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #40,168 of 42,765
It's not going to make a difference if your mojo is doing everything. The weakest link will be your audio source on your phone. Doesn't matter if you have a $5000 A&K player or a $50 samsung android.

Are you saying all bitstreams are created equal?

May 6, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #40,169 of 42,765
Are you saying all bitstreams are created equal?

The OP is using his/her Mojo as a decoder and amplifier. If you're going to say there is a difference in sound quality between using a Samsung Galaxy S10 versus an iPhone 12 using the same USB interconnect to the Mojo and the same source/platform to play that song then you are entitled to that opinion.

I have failed to detect any in my testings - I don't deny that you have.

May 7, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #40,170 of 42,765
That being said, I absolutely love the Mojo. Nothing comes close to it in its form factor and price range. The way the Mojo renders tracks and envelops you in the song puts my AK240 (and any flagship DAP, for that matter) to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back