Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 6, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #38,296 of 42,765
well i was planning to buy Poly for Mojo to use as Roon End point. However with the posts on high cost of battery replacement i don't think it makes sense to me to invest in an accessory for Mojo which is with me for past 3.5 years and is used on day to day basis as my DAC with few monthly breaks in between when i get too involved in other hobbies. Although I take care of Mojo like I make sure to not charge and play to keep device temperature minimal and I charge it after draining off battery but i feel battery has its own life and with care i can extend it but can't keep it going forever. With reports of $200 charge for battery replacement I am not sure what will i do with my Mojo once its battery is gone. May be use it as a desktop DAC connected with charger all the time. Does it have any effect on sound?so in case if i have to use Mojo as desktop DAC then instead of Polly I can invest in device like Digione Signature player based on Raspberry Pi

Indeed I will not buy any further chord products with battery like poly until there is a clear and affordable battery replacement program

Don’t mean to be negative but money is money and I ain’t got money to waste

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #38,297 of 42,765
I think Chord is creating more pain and frustration than necessary for it's customers with the battery replacement issues.
It should be easy to have sales channels for replacement batteries at a reasonable price,
Now even the one source where the battery was on sale lists it as
THIS ITEM IS ON BACKORDER FOR UNDETERMINED PERIOD.
https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chor...battery-replacement-accessories-international
Come on, Chord, you are better than that.

Personally I hope the Mojo battery will last a long time and when it dies I hope to be able to find an original replacement battery, or I will disassemble the battery and build a new pack with 2 new cells, but that's a PITA.

Please give us online battery purchasing options. $89 for the Mojo battery is already borderline IMO. A fair price for this custom pack would be $30 to max $50.

I love the Mojo and the 2Qute I have in my stereo system, and I really see those products as tremendous value in the Hifi world.
I wish the battery service would be as great a value, currently it's clearly not.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #38,298 of 42,765
Indeed I will not buy any further chord products with battery like poly until there is a clear and affordable battery replacement program

Don’t mean to be negative but money is money and I ain’t got money to waste

It was straightforward in the US to purchase a battery from Moon Audio for $75 shipped a few weeks ago. Self replacement was easy. I bought my Mojo from Moon, but that never seemed to be part of the equation. If you need a battery, you might want to email them.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #38,300 of 42,765
Anywhere in the UK?

For the battery? In the the UK the procedure is to get it returned to Chord via your dealer.

Or if you are anywhere near here:

The Chord Company Ltd,
Chord Company House,
Millsway Centre,
Amesbury,
Wiltshire
SP4 7RX, UK

And if you do see an "open window" do please pop-in and grab a few Chord probably keep them all locked up in the safest safe in the whole building so just look for that :), they are worth a fortune on the black market so it will be worth your while.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #38,301 of 42,765
And if you do see an "open window" do please pop-in and grab a few Chord probably keep them all locked up in the safest safe in the whole building so just look for that :), they are worth a fortune on the black market so it will be worth your while.

I felt tempted to get one when I saw the offer in the US, but my experience with storing LiPo/LiIon batteries is not good, I had some getting bad before I ever used them

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #38,302 of 42,765
I was wondering when this battery situation was going to blow up.

Currently the cost of replacing the battery in the Mojo is way out of line with the cost of the battery and the minimal amount of labour involved. Apple, as despicable on pricing as they are, currently only charge around $50, including work, for a battery replacement in an iPhone 6 or later.

The work to replace a battery in an iPhone is around 30 to 45 minutes for a trained technician. On the other hand the work to replace the battery in the Mojo is around 5 minutes for an average guy who knows how to hold screwdriver.

So basically Chord is screwing its customers given that a LiPo batteries will often and expectedly fail within their specified lifetime.

My Mojo is now battery free, and I'm sure as hell not going to bother replacing the battery as it works fine on USB power alone.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #38,303 of 42,765
The sound of the Mojo is perfect for me when the USB cable is perfectly alligned with both the in and output connectors end, otherwise the sound gets thinned out a bit, which REALLY annoys me, as I have to adjust the cable constantly… Is there a fix for this?

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #38,304 of 42,765
For the battery? In the the UK the procedure is to get it returned to Chord via your dealer.

Or if you are anywhere near here:

The Chord Company Ltd,
Chord Company House,
Millsway Centre,
Amesbury,
Wiltshire
SP4 7RX, UK

Not sure a cable-making company would be too impressed :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #38,306 of 42,765
The sound of the Mojo is perfect for me when the USB cable is perfectly alligned with both the in and output connectors end, otherwise the sound gets thinned out a bit, which REALLY annoys me, as I have to adjust the cable constantly… Is there a fix for this?

Never heard your problem before on any DAC threads let alone Mojo. I would just assume your usb cable is faulty if the sound changes when its bent but that still doesnt make sense being digital its more likely to cut out, pop and click.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #38,307 of 42,765
Are you claiming some sound improvement from cable alignment of do you have a physical problem with your cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back