Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 28, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #38,266 of 42,765
It’s probably better to stay away from those guys.

No, not at all. Those guys are a valuable reality check - something that's sorely missing in the world of HiFi.

To retain any sanity in this game you have to maintain a subjective/objective balance, and sound science is where you get the objective breakdown, enabling you to make an informed decision before blowing $5000.

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #38,267 of 42,765
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #38,268 of 42,765
No, not at all. Those guys are a valuable reality check - something that's sorely missing in the world of HiFi.

To retain any sanity in this game you have to maintain a subjective/objective balance, and sound science is where you get the objective breakdown, enabling you to make an informed decision before blowing $5000.
In theory what you say is correct, but my casual observation of their behaviour leaves me to believe they are mentally stunted individuals.

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #38,269 of 42,765
Despite the tension in parts of this thread its nice to hear that on much material the apple dongle sounds good,
something I've long thought as well. However, I'm glad to own the Mojo and enjoy its virtues immensely, as
I'm sure many of you do as well.

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #38,271 of 42,765
Despite the tension in parts of this thread its nice to hear that on much material the apple dongle sounds good,
something I've long thought as well. However, I'm glad to own the Mojo and enjoy its virtues immensely, as
I didn’t notice any tension :) certainly none from me.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #38,273 of 42,765

I was surprised it measures very well too, actually better than some budget desktop amp/dacs. Obviously apples engineers were paid a lot to get that kind of quality from a tiny dongle where as the android usb c dongles are poor in comparison. Not bad at all for "free" with an iPhone or £10 separately.

Compared to Mojo though it sounds brighter, thinner and lacks refinement.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #38,277 of 42,765
I’m thinking about getting a new pair of closed back headphones to use with mojo in work... considering aeon flow closed, anyone out there who can say what they pair like?

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #38,278 of 42,765
I’m thinking about getting a new pair of closed back headphones to use with mojo in work... considering aeon flow closed, anyone out there who can say what they pair like?
Never tried them, but Rob Watts likes them because their distortion levels do not increase as the frequency decreases. Best to demo them, because some people will not like bass notes not fattened up by distortion. Others will love the detail.
YMMV

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #38,279 of 42,765

I tested the Aeon Flow closed and found them a tad bright. I know I won't be popular saying it, but I recommend the Nightowl.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #38,280 of 42,765
I tested the Aeon Flow closed and found them a tad bright. I know I won't be popular saying it, but I recommend the Nightowl.
It’s cool, I was thinking of those too. The cheaper the better as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back