Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 10, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #36,436 of 42,765
The source is iPhone and Roon. It can really make a difference?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I meant USB from PC. You'll have to ask other people about USB from phone.

Basically, I need something that sound as good as the Mojo but even warmer and fuller.

Well the Hugo 2 frequency response is said to be flat. Totally flat. Meaning you get totally neutral production.

Personally I think that is the perfect best case.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #36,438 of 42,765
The source is iPhone and Roon. It can really make a difference?

I don't know. I meant USB from PC. You'll have to ask other people about USB from phone.

Well the Hugo 2 frequency response is said to be flat. Totally flat. Meaning you get totally neutral production.

Personally I think that is the perfect best case.[/QUOTE]

I made a thread about what people said about the Hugo 2, before I bought it. (I copied and pasted all thoughts from the Hugo 2 thread. Then made a thread post of people's thoughts.)

What my questions were. What people's opinions were. What people thought.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...or-not-all-the-things-i-thought-about.867630/

Hugo 2 is not for me:

- very flat=not for me, in need more body than normal
- less boomy than Mojo=not for me, Mojo itself is too on the middle-high side and i want a more bassy signature

May 10, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #36,439 of 42,765
The source is iPhone and Roon. It can really make a difference?

Personally I think that is the perfect best case.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think that is the perfect best case.

Hugo 2 is not for me:

- very flat=not for me, in need more body than normal
- less boomy than Mojo=not for me, Mojo itself is too on the middle-high side and i want a more bassy signature[/QUOTE]
Flat and neutral is not for everyone. It is not for me. I like a bit of extra weight and warmth. I think though that is the job of EQ. If you want to address it with hardware then headphones. I think you will be looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find electronics with the right colouration for you.

May 10, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #36,440 of 42,765
Flat and neutral does not mean, no body to the music. It means no emphasis on bass or treble. Even flat response. In other words perfect.

Maybe if you read the information in the link that I provided, you would have known. People there are saying the Hugo 2 has more body to the sound. More solid. More bass.

Personally I don't see why I have to write already about five posts for you. Effort I have already put in. Now I have to write more. ..... While you won't bother reading what I did for everyone, in making that thread.

May 11, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #36,441 of 42,765
Flat and neutral does not mean, no body to the music. It means no emphasis on bass or treble. Even flat response. In other words perfect.

Maybe if you read the information in the link that I provided, you would have known. People there are saying the Hugo 2 has more body to the sound. More solid. More bass.

Personally I don't see why I have to write already about five posts for you. Effort I have already put in. Now I have to write more. ..... While you won't bother reading what I did for everyone, in making that thread.
Is that directed at me? I know what flat and neutral is. I suggest that some people, including me do not particularly enjoy technically perfect. If that was everybody's goal then this hobby would be a lot simpler and more boring. If you find replying to my posts arduous, ignore them. This is supposed to be fun. Not hard work!

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #36,443 of 42,765
OK, I've relented, and added the Meenova cable to the bottom of post #4 (because I can no longer edit posts #2 and #3) :)

Just received Meenova version 2 Lightning to Micro USB 4 foot cable. Usually a DAP user, but trying Tidal 3 month trial on iPhone and enjoying it at the moment.

Cable works straight away on iPhone 6S, John Mayer ‘New Light’ Tidal hifi quality, into Hugo1 (will try Mojo later) and out to Sennheiser IE800S. Very impressive. Four foot cable just nice to enable phone as a remote and a tidy one piece solution. DAC on sofa beside me. Yep, nice alternative to loading DAPs, although that will still be my main source, and cable cheaper than a Poly!

Thumbs up to Meenova from me. 11.3.1 working fine ..... until some future Apple update, lol.

Edit - confirmed works good with Mojo

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #36,444 of 42,765
Andrew, are you really good at ping pong or was it because everyone else at the CanJam was ????! ... ......... .................Happy Friday Guys! :ksc75smile:

OCVDMat9S6CTyVb759Fx_p6.gif
2204034_m

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #36,445 of 42,765
Andrew, are you really good at ping pong or was it because everyone else at the CanJam was ????! ... ......... .................Happy Friday Guys! :ksc75smile:

OCVDMat9S6CTyVb759Fx_p6.gif
2204034_m

Haha, well beat Moedawg who has won at all previous Canjams around world :)

May 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #36,446 of 42,765
Haha, well beat Moedawg who has won at all previous Canjams around world :)

So the Cat out-foxed the Dawg.........a bit like this? :beerchug::deadhorse:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I suppose I better get back to talking about the Mojo.

I recently got the HiFiMan HE400i for £180 on Amazon UK, I am really liking it and preferring it to the Sundara (for £450). I reckon that it has a more focused overall sound and has better dynamics and energy and what is even better - is that it has great vocal presence.

I reckon that it should do very well with the Mojo and at this price it is a bargain?!

May 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #36,447 of 42,765
So the Cat out-foxed the Dawg.........a bit like this? :beerchug::deadhorse:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I suppose I better get back to talking about the Mojo.

I recently got the HiFiMan HE400i for £180 on Amazon UK, I am really liking it and preferring it to the Sundara (for £450). I reckon that it has a more focused overall sound and has better dynamics and energy and what is even better - is that it has great vocal presence.

I reckon that it should do very well with the Mojo and at this price it is a bargain?!

I have exactly the same pairing and love the combo , indeed the price drop on the 400i is a bargain! I was also considering sundara too as my next purchase and got the impression it was a step up? maybe I should stick to the mojo /400i combo.

May 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #36,449 of 42,765
I wound up buying the cable accessory kit. I read that the little box that comes with it has a circuit board inside? Anyone know what the function of the circuit board is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back