Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #36,451 of 42,765
Flat and neutral does not mean, no body to the music. It means no emphasis on bass or treble. Even flat response. In other words perfect.

Maybe if you read the information in the link that I provided, you would have known. People there are saying the Hugo 2 has more body to the sound. More solid. More bass.

Personally I don't see why I have to write already about five posts for you. Effort I have already put in. Now I have to write more. ..... While you won't bother reading what I did for everyone, in making that thread.

@RiseFall123 I probably shot this one off. Just read the first post in the thread I made. (It looks a lot, but it's not.) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...or-not-all-the-things-i-thought-about.867630/

I collected all the thoughts of Hugo 2 users throughout the whole Hugo 2 thread, a while ago. Massive effort. ........... Secondly, the Hugo 2 is probably the fastest and most reviewed head-fi hi-fi product ever. Meaning there's so much information and impressions about it. Since the Qutest is its sibling soundwise, you can't go wrong.

However if you want to stretch your budget, the new Hugo TT 2 will be interesting.

May 13, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #36,453 of 42,765
@RiseFall123 I probably shot this one off. Just read the first post in the thread I made. (It looks a lot, but it's not.) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...or-not-all-the-things-i-thought-about.867630/

I collected all the thoughts of Hugo 2 users throughout the whole Hugo 2 thread, a while ago. Massive effort. ........... Secondly, the Hugo 2 is probably the fastest and most reviewed head-fi hi-fi product ever. Meaning there's so much information and impressions about it. Since the Qutest is its sibling soundwise, you can't go wrong.

However if you want to stretch your budget, the new Hugo TT 2 will be interesting.

Hi,

Hugo 2 is an headphone amplifier and a dac. I also own an headphone amplifier (Mojo) that I found delicious (with my headphones) and what I look for is simply a dac. Also, everywhere and in your link I found out that the Hugo 2 is "more" trasparent than Mojo and less "warm", it's better but I am afraid about this "signature" in my own chain.
BTW, now, I will wait some hours to "burn in" (believe or not) my speakers (it's what have said the manufacturer to me), to see what happen so I will wait a little. If the speakers will become with "smoother treble and more extended bass" (what they said to me) I can live with Mojo, because all I want right now is an overall balance more on the middle-bass than on the middle-high, actually I find the sound too... trasparent and fatiguing.

For who here using the Mojo as dac and own an iPhone (or other iOS devices) what app do you use apart Tidal?

May 13, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #36,454 of 42,765
I use Captune - to sllow eq of Tidal streams - and Kaisertone to eq and playback hires files.

I love Mojo as well - while it’s outclassed by some higher priced dacs it in my opinion gives an sq that is good enough (for this discerning listener at least) that I don’t need to seek better - for the forseeable future...very happy with it!

May 13, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #36,455 of 42,765
I actually tested the Chord Mojo in-store with my Empire Ears Bravado and really liked it immediately. Lifted and gave some sparkle to the treble and brought the mids forward a little. Very tempted to get it..

May 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #36,456 of 42,765
Lately my mojo doesn't seem to charge correctly, and gets very warm to the touch with just charging, warmer than I have ever felt before. IT does not seem to hold charge. IT also seems to only be able to charge when connected to the poly. There certainly seems to be some issue but I am not sure whether it needs to be refunded or is there some fix for this?

May 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #36,457 of 42,765
To someone who uses iPhone as Roon endpoint and Mojo as DAC (hoping someone will), do you know how to say to Roon that Mojo is DSD capable?

May 13, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #36,458 of 42,765
3A3F6050-660D-403D-BFDF-DC12BA5D5FB8.jpeg Today was a good day. I got to play with the Hugo 2 TT, go to CanJam Europe and got my Mojo “ruined” by Rob Watts (his words). And I got my high five :|

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #36,462 of 42,765
Hi,

Hugo 2 is an headphone amplifier and a dac. I also own an headphone amplifier (Mojo) that I found delicious (with my headphones) and what I look for is simply a dac. Also, everywhere and in your link I found out that the Hugo 2 is "more" trasparent than Mojo and less "warm", it's better but I am afraid about this "signature" in my own chain.
BTW, now, I will wait some hours to "burn in" (believe or not) my speakers (it's what have said the manufacturer to me), to see what happen so I will wait a little. If the speakers will become with "smoother treble and more extended bass" (what they said to me) I can live with Mojo, because all I want right now is an overall balance more on the middle-bass than on the middle-high, actually I find the sound too... trasparent and fatiguing.

For who here using the Mojo as dac and own an iPhone (or other iOS devices) what app do you use apart Tidal?

Onkyo hf player from app store, costs a tenner but will allow you to play dsd,and upto 768khz if connected to mojo via a cable.

May 13, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #36,463 of 42,765
Hi,

Fiio music app for playing hi-res & DLNA. If you do not mind paying, Sigmatunes ST-1 is a brilliant app.

May 13, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #36,464 of 42,765
My mojo doesn’t seem to reset to “normal” mode after being in line level mode (pressing both volume buttons while turning it on).
I turn it off and when I turn it back on, it remains in line level mode (purple/blueish color of the volume buttons).
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I almost blew up my headphones ...

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #36,465 of 42,765
My mojo doesn’t seem to reset to “normal” mode after being in line level mode (pressing both volume buttons while turning it on).
I turn it off and when I turn it back on, it remains in line level mode (purple/blueish color of the volume buttons).
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I almost blew out my headphones ...
Did you adjust it after setting it to line level mode prior to turning it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back