Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #3,241 of 42,765
Not trying to decrease Your opinion, but are You sure You had all EQs, effects and all tricks provided by Sony switched off? I know Sony packs a lot of "sound steroids" to their daps.

To answer this question, yes. We have been doing a lot of eq, sound adjustment off on zx2 nothing left but original hardware sound right now. You can take look at ZX2's thread..

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #3,242 of 42,765
Still no joy

Only the volume balls are lit up even when the unit is plugged into the mains, is that right ?

Cannot get the power on/off ball to light up

Duff unit ?

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #3,243 of 42,765
Still no joy

Only the volume balls are lit up even when the unit is plugged into the mains, is that right ?

Duff unit ?

Apologies for asking this - but I must... have you definitely plugged the charger into the correct microUSB port of the Mojo? (i.e. not the data-transfer one)

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #3,244 of 42,765
Anyone has an opinion on this or I have to browse through few pages to find out nobody is interested in responding? I thing that would go a long way to possibly add another sold units to Chord, unless nobody cares anymore they just produce those like hot cakes and one less or one more what's the difference?

I only have the Hugo, the last Mojo I handled was a good few months back, hopefully someone will chip-in soon.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #3,245 of 42,765
Anyone has an opinion on this or I have to browse through few pages to find out nobody is interested in responding? I thing that would go a long way to possibly add another sold units to Chord, unless nobody cares anymore they just produce those like hot cakes and one less or one more what's the difference?

I can operate the buttons easily with an iPhone 5s covering the top of the Mojo.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #3,246 of 42,765

About 15 yrs ago, I saw a concert of theirs, on Channel 4 or 5, iirc, apparently filmed in a small, intimate, venue, like a club, and although I am not a 'fan' as such, that concert still vividly remains in my memory because of how unbelievably tightly the band performed, rhythmically. I've literally never seen any band play tighter than they did. Watching it, it was damn-near impossible not to tap yer feet, to those impeccably-well-played RnB-inspired basslines.

I loved that period in my life full of abandon & discovery...
tongue_smile.gif

saw the Blockheads a couple of times they were immense, what can you say about Ian Dury, the hero of the disabled... I used to go to many a concert, Dr Feelgood (Wilko, what a nutter), Cockney Rejects and the mighty Clash.. had a good few beers with Strummer in Brixton on a few occasions, he was a top bloke...
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #3,247 of 42,765

The button is big enough and easy to access from inside a pouch or a bag. Any portable DAP with a digital output should work just fine. But pairing Mojo + the original AK100 is the most compact and neat stack you can get. The have eerily similar dimensions. I know Chord designed Mojo to be used for smartphones. But stacking it with any smartphone just looks cumbersome especially with iPhones.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3,248 of 42,765
I think I've mistakenly logged onto the old timers music threads from the 80's.

:frowning2: 

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #3,249 of 42,765
Still no joy

Duff unit ?

Which digital input are you using? I notice when the power button/ball doesn't light up there is no input detected. Perhaps your connector is not fully inserted or can't be properly inserted.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,251 of 42,765
I only have the Hugo, the last Mojo I handled was a good few months back, hopefully someone will chip-in soon.

I can operate the buttons easily with an iPhone 5s covering the top of the Mojo.

The button is big enough and easy to access from inside a pouch or a bag. Any portable DAP with a digital output should work just fine. But pairing Mojo + the original AK100 is the most compact and neat stack you can get. The have eerily similar dimensions. I know Chord designed Mojo to be used for smartphones. But stacking it with any smartphone just looks cumbersome especially with iPhones.

Thanks everyone, nice to know the buttons are easy to operate but how do you feel about their sturdiness? Would daily on/off and volume control operations would stand up to long term use? I understand you can't necessarily make that assessment without simulating advanced aging operations but I just want to get your feel as for the tactile operation and their feel. The reason I ask is those are unusual buttons, nothing like the true and tried mechanical buttons. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3,253 of 42,765
Thanks everyone, nice to know the buttons are easy to operate but how do you feel about their sturdiness? Would daily on/off and volume control operations would stand up to long term use? I understand you can't necessarily make that assessment without simulating advanced aging operations but I just want to get your feel as for the tactile operation and their feel. The reason I ask is those are unusual buttons, nothing like the true and tried mechanical buttons. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Those tactile dome switches are good for at least 10,000,000 presses

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #3,254 of 42,765
Flat and lacking dynamics and balance, then when you try from AK or Straight from phone - everything is excellent

I haven't heard Questyle yet or Cowon, but whilst Ak was good my Sony was far better and the phone doesn't compare so not sure if to trust this, sorry guys..just my ears here:ear::ear:

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3,255 of 42,765
as headwhack said, that looks like it's not seeing a source, how have you got it connected?

Yep, only lights up when it has an incoming signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back