Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #3,226 of 42,765

Well...it is with a heavy heart that I say this....

It is approximately 9 hours since I last viewed this thread, and I was crestfallen.... absolutely appalled, actually, to find that there are 'only' 63 unread posts...
rolleyes.gif

it maybe because I've managed to keep using a craptop & a lying-pc for the last few weeks
... no more lying-pc crap about me making 'fatal errors' in a few hours time...
wink_face.gif

Only fatal error you ever made was your choice of team
tongue_smile.gif
wink_face.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3,229 of 42,765
you're a brave one... steady tiger or you may feel 'The Force'... :wink_face:  

As a musician, I feel like I should be getting some kind of royalty for that double quote.
Now I know how the Rolling Stones felt when the Verve released "Bitter Sweet Symphony". #justsayin

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #3,230 of 42,765
Usual disclaimer about youtube compression, but here's something mellow to soothe the frayed nerves of anyone in this thread:

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #3,235 of 42,765
Anyone compared full glass optical toslink to plastic fiber toslink, which is better sounding.
I have the Audioquest Forest Toslink which made of fibre which sounds good (ak240 as transport) and support higher bit rate.
My full glass toslink sounds better (details, more darker background) but higher bit rate not supported.

V1xzRm7.jpg

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #3,236 of 42,765

It is approximately 9 hours since I last viewed this thread, and I was crestfallen.... absolutely appalled, actually, to find that there are 'only' 63 unread posts...
rolleyes.gif

That's what you get for sleeping

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #3,237 of 42,765

rolleyes.gif

That's what you get for sleeping

No, I mean I've grown accustomed to it being more like double that (but 63 is still way more than most other threads).

My guess is everyone else had been sleeping!
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #3,238 of 42,765
What do you think of the button implementation on the Mojo, how easy is it to handle while on the move and is a stack using a hi-res player connected to the Mojo worth it?

Anyone has an opinion on this or I have to browse through few pages to find out nobody is interested in responding? I thing that would go a long way to possibly add another sold units to Chord, unless nobody cares anymore they just produce those like hot cakes and one less or one more what's the difference?

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #3,239 of 42,765

these guys had a real Mojo about them... pwoper concerts did they...
tongue_smile.gif

About 15 yrs ago, I saw a concert of theirs, on Channel 4 or 5, iirc, apparently filmed in a small, intimate, venue, like a club, and although I am not a 'fan' as such, that concert still vividly remains in my memory because of how unbelievably tightly the band performed, rhythmically. I've literally never seen any band play tighter than they did. Watching it, it was damn-near impossible not to tap yer feet, to those impeccably-well-played RnB-inspired basslines.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #3,240 of 42,765
Nicely Interesting comments from currawong, kind of damning it with feint praise. It's surprising really that the whole point of the design was to have about a thousand to ten thousand times the true music signal resolving power in electronics terms when compared to Dacs that use use standard industrial Dac chips so maybe we could have spent a lunch break designing something more appropriate for our friend.

Some people just mistake exaggerated treble response as resolving power. Mojo is amazingly resolving and transparent whilst still being natural and musical. I love this little device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back