Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #31,696 of 42,765
Saw some posts with issues with the Apple CCK. I am running beta1 of iOS 10.3.2 with a CCK with the Mojo adapter unit with no issues.

Thanks for this much awaited test, there's hope for us iOS users so we can resume enjoying our MoJo when mobile!  

I will wait for this update with fingers crossed.
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #31,700 of 42,765
Publish a signal spectrum for 8 Ohms 720 mW for Mojo. The spectrum of the signal has nothing in common even with low-average sound quality. Or you want to connect headphones instead of a light bulb for strobe lights?
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #31,702 of 42,765
Hi guys,

charging my MoJo with an iFi iPower 5V while using it with Xiaomi/1more IEM results in electric rippling noise. The same can't be said for an Anker powerport+...

So anyone having the same problem with iFi iPower? is that SMPS really a garbage?

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #31,705 of 42,765
He lists them on ebay every now and then. Came to under 30$. Way cheaper option than moon audio's 80$+ piece of fancy wire.

Yeah and hope he doesn't go AWOL for a month or two like he has in the past.  Plus his communications skills leave alot to be desired.  

Yea, I hate purchasing stuff and not hearing or knowing what is going on for a few weeks and then it just "shows up". Like when I order stuff from China (I hate ordering from overseas). Anyway, I found pieces in my "hobby" box so I built my own with spare SPC cables I had. So I'm good.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #31,706 of 42,765
So it seems with the latest iOS update 10.3 (and beyond), third-party usb cables no longer with with iOS devices. You HAVE to use the Apple one (Lightning to USB adapter). 

I found this out the hard way traveling to and from this passed weekend's SoCal CanJam and not being able to listen to my Mojo on the plane since I only had a third-party cable with me. 
blink.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #31,707 of 42,765
  So it seems with the latest iOS update 10.3 (and beyond), third-party usb cables no longer with with iOS devices. You HAVE to use the Apple one (Lightning to USB adapter). 

I found this out the hard way traveling to and from this passed weekend's SoCal CanJam and not being able to listen to my Mojo on the plane since I only had a third-party cable with me. 
blink.gif

A slightly disappointing Canjam for you, but hopefully you managed to enjoy the main event.

I think you should pause, and let events unfold a bit further.
It is not clear if the Apple issue applies to all future 10.3.x versions, or whether as has been claimed, that 10.3.2 beta cures the issue.
So hold onto your money for a few days, until the situation clarifies a bit.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #31,710 of 42,765

That is good advice that applies to a variety of situation. I wish I was better at following it.

Like everyone here I have rushed to buy items, and then discovered that I rarely use them - so with fingers burnt I try and remember to not rush in in future.
It can be difficult, but many times it has saved me throwing money down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back