Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #31,666 of 42,765

It is interesting feedback, because it implies that your phone is always using the same cell mast, and so something else would need to be triggering the change in cell power.
I am not an expert in how the cell power changes, but I wonder if an incoming email or sms would cause a temporary increase in cell power.

It could have to do with the phone checking for notifications too.  I always assumed that's what caused the random EMI/RFI pulses phones emit.  

Best way to test if it has to do with power changes is to try airplane mode. 

Ah to be honest I haven't tried that yet (airplane-mode).  Will do that tomorrow as I'm sleepy now... but in my case, iPhone notifications do emit sound which should have been heard on the Mojo.

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #31,667 of 42,765

Ah to be honest I haven't tried that yet (airplane-mode).  Will do that tomorrow as I'm sleepy now... but in my case, iPhone notifications do emit sound which should have been heard on the Mojo.

The worst phone that I've experienced to do that has been the LG V20. UGH! Totally the reason why I picked up a Hidizs AP60 to stack.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #31,669 of 42,765
Same but with Cayin N3

I wanted the Cayin N3...but couldn't find a US distributor at the time. I now have a Fiio X5iii and dock, and like it. Wondering about selling my stack now and just sticking with the X5.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #31,671 of 42,765
How come?

The Mojo stack is better, but the Fiio isn't that far behind, is balanced and I can output to balanced amp (I realize most don't care about balanced, but it is something that i want to try and I purchased a few cables and balanced headphones to use). I prefer a "non stack" to a stack. I'm still unsure if I will, but I haven't touched the Mojo beyond a quick comparison since getting the Fiio. The LG V20 was supposed to be my "mobile" solution, but it left me more unsatisfied and curious than anything else.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #31,672 of 42,765
The Mojo stack is better, but the Fiio isn't that far behind, is balanced and I can output to balanced amp (I realize most don't care about balanced, but it is something that i want to try and I purchased a few cables and balanced headphones to use). I prefer a "non stack" to a stack. I'm still unsure if I will, but I haven't touched the Mojo beyond a quick comparison since getting the Fiio. The LG V20 was supposed to be my "mobile" solution, but it left me more unsatisfied and curious than anything else.

What audio issues are you having with the LG V20?

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #31,673 of 42,765
What audio issues are you having with the LG V20?

It wasn't so much audio issues with the V20, it was notifications in general and using a cellphone. Though, I do find that it can't compare with the Mojo or Fiio (and it probably shouldn't). It has more "bloated" bass. The mids are nice but less refined and I feel sometimes the Highs are "trying" too hard and can get shrill (but a lot of that could be the headphones). Once I went to the Mojo... I basically stopped using the V20 as an audio device in general.  Though, as a phone... it does sound really good.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #31,676 of 42,765
I think I've read a few people have moved to the new X5-3. The ultimate solution for me would be mojo with a screen. I've tried other things but quickly lose interest and go back to mojo.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #31,677 of 42,765
I think I've read a few people have moved to the new X5-3. The ultimate solution for me would be mojo with a screen. I've tried other things but quickly lose interest and go back to mojo.

That would be something. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #31,679 of 42,765
Fiio X5iii. 

Are you using it with Mojo or just stand-alone?

I'm not using the V20 for music listening as much as I thought I would, but on the bright side it has Apt-X which sounds really close to the wired connection when connected directly to the phone (no galvanic isolation or re-clockers) with Hugo 1.

Looking forward to using it with Hugo 2 when traveling and no longer regret getting the phone since no Apple device supports Apt-X and all the issues people are having with Apple's latest update.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #31,680 of 42,765
Are you using it with Mojo or just stand-alone?

I'm not using the V20 for music listening as much as I thought I would, but on the bright side it has Apt-X which sounds really close to the wired connection when connected directly to the phone (no galvanic isolation or re-clockers) with Hugo 1.

Looking forward to using it with Hugo 2 when traveling and no longer regret getting the phone since no Apple device supports Apt-X and all the issues people are having with Apple's latest update.

Fiio I'm using stand-alone. When I want to listen to the Mojo, I have that stacked with the Hidizs AP60 via USB OTG cable (and either MicroSD or AptX from V20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back