Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #31,621 of 42,765
I'm not a pro in such stuffs just giving some of my humble suggestions, if you have the knowledge and skills to built it, please by all means do so.
And maybe you could even make some to sell to our fellow headfiers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well im not the one who wants the case lol but i still agree.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #31,623 of 42,765
hi again,

this feels like a really dumb question. probably is.

i'm trying to buy a 3.5 dual rca cable to affix from the mojo to a pair of alpha 50s.
but in all of the cables i'm looking at, i'm failing to see how both plugs will stretch the four or fiveish feet between the two speakers.
unless the piece of Y-looking plastic that connects the two rca plugs slides up and down in order to give the space to stretch out, i'm failing to see how each plug reaches each respective speaker?

apologies. i'm not sure how to explain this any better.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #31,625 of 42,765
  i'm trying to buy a 3.5 dual rca cable to affix from the mojo to a pair of alpha 50s.
but in all of the cables i'm looking at, i'm failing to see how both plugs will stretch the four or fiveish feet between the two speakers.
unless the piece of Y-looking plastic that connects the two rca plugs slides up and down in order to give the space to stretch out, i'm failing to see how each plug reaches each respective speaker?

This will depend on the cable you buy, but in many cases the RCA cables will be two separate cables bundled inside of a single sleeve which holds them together for tidiness up until a few inches from the end.  In this case you can slit and remove the sleeve and boom, you will have individual cables.  Or the RCA cables will be enclosed a single piece of molded insulator with a groove between the left and right sides, in which case the two sections can be pulled apart (you may need a knife to get the process started) to form two separate cables.

You could also contact Blue Jeans Cable for something custom-made for your needs.  They are not expensive.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #31,626 of 42,765
Or just buy single Rca cables and an Rca female to stereo male adapter. Lots of single rca cables available for car audio etc

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #31,627 of 42,765
One of my frustrations of using the mojo with my phone is managing my phones battery.
I happened to take the back off my LG G3 the other day and notice that it has wireless charging capability, so purchased a charging pad so that I can charge and use the Mojo at the same time..
The pad works fine on it's own, however as soon as I attach a USB device it stops the wirelss charging.
Is there anyway around this?

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #31,628 of 42,765
Or just buy single Rca cables and an Rca female to stereo male adapter. Lots of single rca cables available for car audio etc

could you link to what you're suggesting?

This will depend on the cable you buy, but in many cases the RCA cables will be two separate cables bundled inside of a single sleeve which holds them together for tidiness up until a few inches from the end.  In this case you can slit and remove the sleeve and boom, you will have individual cables.  Or the RCA cables will be enclosed a single piece of molded insulator with a groove between the left and right sides, in which case the two sections can be pulled apart (you may need a knife to get the process started) to form two separate cables.

You could also contact Blue Jeans Cable for something custom-made for your needs.  They are not expensive.

so do the lc-1s have that natural separation where each plug can stretch to plug into each speaker?
i'm not seeing any pictures on their website that make it obvious.

Sounds like you need a cable stretcher.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #31,629 of 42,765
A couple of these to add to your current cable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KabelDirekt-Digital-Coaxial-Extension-Female/dp/B00SWYTT9E/

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #31,630 of 42,765
actually that was coax (not sure if would make a difference). how about this as an alternative:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-Phono-Extension-Cable-Female/dp/B01K7V41TM/

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #31,631 of 42,765
hi again,

this feels like a really dumb question. probably is.

apologies. i'm not sure how to explain this any better.

This should work, and provide the most flexibility:
https://www.amazon.com/Audioquest-3-5mm-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Adapter-Hard/dp/B003VJX2F2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491571182&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=Audioquest+1%2F8+to+rca+adapter

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #31,632 of 42,765
This should work, and provide the most flexibility:
https://www.amazon.com/Audioquest-3-5mm-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Adapter-Hard/dp/B003VJX2F2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491571182&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=Audioquest+1%2F8+to+rca+adapter

Yep one of those and 2 of this STYLE cable, not necessarily this one.  This is just the first one I saw: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D5H8G3W/ref=AmazonBasics_HQP?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=VET6BPWWFQP7TX951CWA&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=2798274322&pf_rd_i=B003FVYXY0

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #31,633 of 42,765
Sorry to say that I have 2 of the USB C adapters that don't play nicely with my iPhone 6s Plus and 10.3/10.3.1.

My old 32 bit iPhone 5 running 10.3 is fine.

Which firmware revision is your adapter? You can access that via Sattings/General/About when the adapter is connected. Mine is at 1.0.5 - a fairly recent update.

My USB3CCK (the larger, newer CCK) is at 1.0.5 as well. It plays without issue
on my two iOS devices - my 6S+ with 10.3.1 (the other is a Touch with 10.2.1). So 
in my system, no issues.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #31,634 of 42,765
One of my frustrations of using the mojo with my phone is managing my phones battery.
I happened to take the back off my LG G3 the other day and notice that it has wireless charging capability, so purchased a charging pad so that I can charge and use the Mojo at the same time..
The pad works fine on it's own, however as soon as I attach a USB device it stops the wirelss charging.
Is there anyway around this?

My LG V10 has wireless charging and it also will not charge wirelessly when the usb port is in use. I haven't found a way around it either.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #31,635 of 42,765
My LG V10 has wireless charging and it also will not charge wirelessly when the usb port is in use. I haven't found a way around it either.

Sony Z3 has seperate magnetic charging port so can be charged whilst attached to a dac via usb. nice feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back