Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 17, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #29,326 of 42,765
most deepest and hard hitting bass is the B&W P9. It has more bass than the JVC.

Once again, I am not talking about the stock tuning; I am talking about how hard the bass hits with extreme bass boosts via EQ. (And also pad swaps.) How much bass it has without EQ is not relevant.

If it was even a contender it would have been ranked highly in that basshead thread...but it's barely even mentioned at all.

And yes, this is a conversation for that thread. (Sorry, relic.)

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #29,327 of 42,765
kapow, the hammer just fell.

Lol! Not trying to be 'that guy', just the direction the conversation is going is clearly not the topic of the thread. You're right though, I'm not a moderator so I won't moderate.

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #29,330 of 42,765
For anyone with an HD 800:

Here is one of the better EQ configurations I've come across. It is nearly identical to the Sonarworks No Limits curve.

(Click for pic.)

I think it is considerably better than stock, but still has a long way to go. (And it is by no means superior in every way. Compromises are probably impossible to circumvent entirely.)

You can copy this and try it for yourself in just a few clicks. (I'd imagine it would translate well to other systems even if you aren't driving the HD 800 from a Mojo.)

Download and install this equalizer if you don't have it.
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_xgeq

Then right-click, download, and import this EQ preset.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104665703/hd800_ab000b.xgeq

Warning: With these EQ settings, you have to use higher volume. Be careful and make sure to lower the volume before deactivating the EQ!

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #29,331 of 42,765
How is the synergy with Mojo?
Obvious its good but its better well excellent with the Hugo. Its bass heavy headphones but it also has better treble than the HD800. The Hugo brings out its Treble and sound stage.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #29,332 of 42,765
Has anyone compared penon audio lightning cable vs. zee's music lightning cable and taobao mojo cable?

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #29,333 of 42,765
  Hi guys,

Is it possible to use optical without unplugging usb? Is there a way?

Thanks in advance. 

Lol, No. If the USB connection is active, it will always take the 1st priority over other other connections :)

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #29,334 of 42,765
Also has anyone tried iPad, iPhone, iPod -> Apple Lightning AV Adapter -> HDMI/ Optical cable -> Mojo?

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #29,335 of 42,765
Just had a listen to Tidal Masters via my new Mojo for the first time. Wow, that was nice. There's a noticeable jump in depth and richness there. It's a shame the entire catalogue isn't MQA already. Is there any way to actually search for Masters other than the snap shot view in what's new that just shows some? I'm not sure I can justify pumping up for a Tidal sub when the 3 month trial runs out - I need to provide my wife and 2 kids with a music library to and the Apple Music family plan has been doing fine there. If only Apple would get on board the high bit rate music wagon.

edit: most of my listening is mobile, or at least away from my computer... any news on when MQA hits Tidal on iPhone yet?

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #29,336 of 42,765
Had my first DSD experience with the Mojo last night.

I downloaded the DSD256 version of the bonus album I mentioned and played the first half. You can preview it at the link below.

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/JL002-8-ensembles-in-1-bit

The composition isn't all that interesting but the sound quality is quite good. There isn't much high or low frequency content, so it doesn't reveal the HD 800's flaws. I preferred it without EQ.

It would appear my computer can't handle DSD well despite having good specs. I already have foobar2000 configured to load tracks into memory, but the music stuttered frequently. Loading the files into RAM drives fixed it, but even then it still stuttered when I did other things on the computer. (Yet another reason why I want a dedicated music server and network player.) This situation forced me to sit there and focus more on the music.

A few times the DAC glitched up and played terrifying alien noise so loudly I had to take the headphones off. Is this a known issue with the Mojo? It only happens with DSD.

I need to provide my wife and 2 kids with a music library

I have never seen this phrase before...and it brought me joy.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #29,337 of 42,765
That same DSD works flawlessly using JRiver media centre and via UAPP or Andoid. Sublime sound quality with my SE846's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #29,338 of 42,765
I just got my Mojo yesterday and plugged in my SE846's. I heard an audible hiss. I thought this was suppose to have a super black background? My iPhone is seems better... WAT. 
eek.gif
  Otherwise it sounds amazing!

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #29,339 of 42,765
Well I've read people can have different sensitivity to hiss and with my SE846's noticed it with an Oppo HA2 and to some low level with a Sony ZX2 but not with Mojo, Dragonfly Red, iPhones or Samsung S6/S7.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back