Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #26,581 of 42,765
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #26,582 of 42,765
My Mojo sounded bad after 30 hourse. After 80 hours resolution was improved, sounds became lusher and more analog. After 120 hourse base and dynamic were improved. And I think it is not the end...

You must have some super sensitive neurons because I can't tell from day 1 and now.

The Mind is so powerful.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #26,583 of 42,765
Nov 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #26,586 of 42,765
  Talking about issues with operating systems. There were issues with that last big Windows 10 update, and folk found their Mojo would not work with Win 10. Please did that ever get fixed, either with an update from MS or Chord?

Zero issues with latest update from MS in my tablet.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #26,590 of 42,765
there are a few posts on this thread, mentioning that after people have been listening to mojo for a few weeks, returning to their previous favourite dac/dap sounds 'dull' in comparison.
the feedback from rob watts, is that mojo does not experience physical 'burn in', but rather the human brain experiences a form or 'burn in' as it gets used to the new greater musical detail provided by the mojo. everyones brain then uses neuroplasticity, to reroute some neurons to exploit this greater detail better. now the neurons have been rerouted, then the previous dacs/daps providing less detail inevitably sound a bit dull in comparison.

so i fully expect that you are aclimatising to mojo - it just proves that you are human. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Thanks Mike, i really appreciate your answer, it certainly has the ring of truth.(kind of like the HD800's "ring driver of truth" :wink:

On another forum I heard the Mojo described as having "limpdick" bass, and the in-your-face poignancy of the description stuck with me. Though I agreed when I read it, it SEEMS less and less true over time. I used to prefer bassy headphones with Mojo, but recently flatter pairs have been adequately satisfying. I used to prefer the GOV2+ balanced out to Mojo because of its bass; today I can HEAR the Mojo has a much better signal, in clarity, detail, dynamics, etc. I still want a stronger low end for my EDM, but it isn't like I can't achieve the sound I'm looking for simply by slipping on some bassier cans. The world has enough of those I'm sure.

It's so hard to believe that my PERCEPTION of the sound is changing so drastically, and not the sound itself; I have a bachelor's in Psych though, so I've seen the overwhelming data. If it wasn't for that background preparing me to see beyond my own biases, I really don't know if I'd be able to buy it.

Damnit now I have to question the instances where I'm convinced I heard an IEM's sound changing over time all over again!

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #26,591 of 42,765
How many here have paired up an external headphone amp (portable/desktop) to Mojo ?

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #26,594 of 42,765

How many here have paired up an external headphone amp (portable/desktop) to Mojo ?

Me, Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon 2.0.
Why?

I have connected to VE RA2, and personally i feel the soundstage has widen up, instrumentation separation is better and also a better controlled bass.. but it's early impressions.. i am just trying to check what's others impressions...

What's your impressions ?

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #26,595 of 42,765
My mojo used to randomly click because I had it set to direct sound instead of asio output, so I set it to asio in both winamp and foobar and it sounds good and no more clicking but when I try to skip forward or backward in a song there is like a 1 second pause before it resumes, is this normal? Not that huge a deal but slightly annoying because I skim a lot, any settings I can try?

edit: sorry didn't see the mojo issues thread until after, can delete this if it's not the place for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back