Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 23, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #26,326 of 42,765
There are lots of great daps out now. My current favorite is the Cowon P1. You can find then for $699 now and it's my favorite player. Has plenty of power, excellent sound, eq, dsp, etc. I think the sound is comparable with the Mojo.

Seriously?! I really don't think so. I used to have a P1 and also the Mojo, Mojo is way above the sound quality of what the P1 can deliver. Even my AK240 had no match to Mojo's clarity, depth and transparency.

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #26,327 of 42,765
Seriously?! I really don't think so. I used to have a P1 and also the Mojo, Mojo is way above the sound quality of what the P1 can deliver. Even my AK240 had no match to Mojo's clarity, depth and transparency.

You listened to QP1R? It's the only DAP I enjoy at a similar level to Mojo and Hugo.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #26,328 of 42,765
I received my Mojo today and it is charging up right now. I do have one question that I don't believe is covered by this thread's FAQ: I noticed the balls spin freely in its sockets, to the point where there is some rattling if I shake the Mojo. Is this normal?

I owned a Hugo and the ball used for volume was really tight, so that is why I'm asking.

Love the coupon for a free DXD or DSD download ... nice!

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #26,329 of 42,765
  I received my Mojo today and it is charging up right now. I do have one question that I don't believe is covered by this thread's FAQ: I noticed the balls spin freely in its sockets, to the point where there is some rattling if I shake the Mojo. Is this normal?

I owned a Hugo and the ball used for volume was really tight, so that is why I'm asking.

Yes its normal. Have fun with it :)

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #26,330 of 42,765

Its not normal to be shaking the Mojo inorder to see its balls go round and round.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #26,331 of 42,765
Who here love to rub the balls on your Mojo when you too free & nothing better to do?! :smiling_imp:

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #26,333 of 42,765

I have to respectfully disagree. They sound different, but I think the P1 is an excellent performer, and I prefer it over the ak240, by far.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #26,336 of 42,765
I don't know if that means expensive or under 150$

Realistically speaking, any flavor of DAP with SD card, screen or app-based control (which would need Bluetooth or wifi) and potentially streaming capabilities is going to be at least $299, maybe up to the price of Mojo even.

Just don't want to see a great product with a ton of complaints about price. Mojo is practically priceless already, so lets recognize what is being delivered (when it is actually delivered).

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #26,337 of 42,765
I can't imagine it being too pricey as the Mojo is a bargain. But hey, you never know, the case is pretty expensive... This whatever it will be, could be pricey as well.

I got a good deal on the case, but was bummed when I received the cable pack to find that the adapter module will not work with the case on. 
confused_face.gif
  That defeats the purpose for me, as the only time I would require a case would be when I'm using the Mojo at work with a phone as the source.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #26,338 of 42,765
I got a good deal on the case, but was bummed when I received the cable pack to find that the adapter module will not work with the case on.  :confused_face:   That defeats the purpose for me, as the only time I would require a case would be when I'm using the Mojo at work with a phone as the source.

What deal did you get on the case?

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #26,339 of 42,765
I got a good deal on the case, but was bummed when I received the cable pack to find that the adapter module will not work with the case on.  :confused_face:   That defeats the purpose for me, as the only time I would require a case would be when I'm using the Mojo at work with a phone as the source.

That's disappointing, to say the least.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #26,340 of 42,765

I can't imagine it being too pricey as the Mojo is a bargain. But hey, you never know, the case is pretty expensive... This whatever it will be, could be pricey as well.

I got a good deal on the case, but was bummed when I received the cable pack to find that the adapter module will not work with the case on. 
confused_face.gif
  That defeats the purpose for me, as the only time I would require a case would be when I'm using the Mojo at work with a phone as the source.

I'm sorry you are disappointed by the standard case not accommodating the add-on module; it definitely isn't Chord's intention to mislead anyone into believing that the standard case will accommodate the module.

The official Chord case for Mojo was actually released some time before the cable accessory pack became available, and Chord themselves have never officially bundled the 2 products, to my knowledge.

As mentioned in the Accessories section of post #3, a suitable case will be made available, for add-on module users, in the near future.

This is also relevant:

@Mojo ideas Is there any chance of you making a case that includes the Mojo with the add on module?

Mojo Ideas replied to me when I asked if there would be a case to encompass Mojo and SD-card module. Answer, "Yes".

There was a bit of non-official discussion on this, a year ago - Chord may have different plans now (perhaps not so many modules on the drawing board), but I still anticipate an extended case of some description, to see the light of day, in due course:

. This one is option 3 our favourite option one was disregarded earlier

My vote also goes to this design.

I'd like the silver Mojo which seems to be lurking inside as well please.:hugging:

However what happens (to either solution) if someone wants to clip on one of the proposed add-on modules?

Ian

I don't anticipate that those cases will be particularly expensive - therefore, it might be quite viable to produce standard-sized versions and also extended versions, to simultaneously encompass both the Mojo and an attached add-on module. This could also confer a nice benefit of reinforcing the 'join' between the Mojo and the add-on.

(Image credit - Drew  @ Moonaudio)

This is just for fun, so excuse the roughness of this photoshopped mock-up, but this is the kind of thing I was imagining:

Already imagined and more but it can't be quite like that as there are four different module to accommodate it's being refined and costed but it's great you guys can get a hint of where we are going with mojo it's more of a system that a product. But please be patient we want to get all this really right and not just okay.

The following comment, from John Franks, is mid 2016:

my thoughts, too....esp for $100

and if that add-on comes out shortly
what happens then?

Because we have the extender module and the more complex modules underway it's was always our plan to offer a well made longer case too.

They are currently in manufacture and you've reminded me to chase the guys. if I have news tomorrow I'll give you all an update,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back