Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 14, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #25,741 of 42,765
Am I the only one that finds the colour coding of the volume levels highly confusing?

I've already had one instance where I blasted 1 second of waaaay to high output level through my IEMs into my ears because of making a mistake on the colours... 

Is there a definitive guide somewhere? The Hugo colour code in post 3 is not sufficient information...
Yeah sucks and Im color blind. It was mentioned to turn the player on then put your iem in slowly.

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #25,742 of 42,765
Same here sir.
The time in my life I can dedicate to serious music listening shrinked dramatically with my first child. With the second on the way the outlook doesn't look any better for the coming 10 years or so...
So I spend most of my commute time looking for ways to improve the quality of sound with new gear.
100 hours of research for every hour of listening... Too bad!
First up, congratulations on the upcoming baby sir. I too feel that I've spent a disproportionate amount of my time researching for my current gear as opposed to wuality listening sessions. Part of it could also be because I am new in the community and eager to learn all that I can. I will try my best to consciously spend my upcoming days listening to my gear.

Btw a quick question, does the mojo need to be charged from a computers usb port or could i charge it with my samsung galaxy charger?

Thanks

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #25,743 of 42,765

Am I the only one that finds the colour coding of the volume levels highly confusing?

I've already had one instance where I blasted 1 second of waaaay to high output level through my IEMs into my ears because of making a mistake on the colours... 

Is there a definitive guide somewhere? The Hugo colour code in post 3 is not sufficient information...

Yeah sucks and Im color blind. It was mentioned to turn the player on then put your iem in slowly.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #25,745 of 42,765

ROY G BIV - The colours of the rainbow. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. Red being the lowest volume and Violet being the highest. This is also true for the sample rate indicator as well.

Sorry, but the above explanation really isn't going help you. The only thing I could suggest is that every time you turn the Mojo on reduce the volume to the lowest setting and then work up from there. Not ideal, but I can't think of anything else that would help.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #25,747 of 42,765

assuming this to adjust the volume.
from left to right (44-DSD), is a low to high volume.

Yeah, that was pretty clear. But below RED, it starts cycling again through the colours for even lower levels. But it's very difficult to distinguish which cycle your in...

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #25,748 of 42,765
ROY G BIV - The colours of the rainbow. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. Red being the lowest volume and Violet being the highest. This is also true for the sample rate indicator as well.
Sorry, but the above explanation really isn't going help you. The only thing I could suggest is that every time you turn the Mojo on reduce the volume to the lowest setting and then work up from there. Not ideal, but I can't think of anything else that would help.
pressing down will it go back to the highest or stay to the lowest?

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #25,750 of 42,765
Nov 14, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #25,753 of 42,765
Just got my apple cck replacement cable from Forza this morning and I am please to say it works with my Ipod ios 10.1. I went for the Silver/copper hybrid, it was expensive but judging by what I am hearing it is really worth it. Improved clarity and dynamics, crystal clear bass and a much improved wider soundstage. Oh and it looks nice too! I would add this to the list of ios cables to use with Chord without hesitation. A great cable for those wanting to get the best out of the Mojo.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #25,754 of 42,765
The problem is your expectations that this is the case. There is a net drain on the battery when listening while plugged in. It's all covered in the third post of this thread in the battery and charging section, and also recently brought up again.

See this link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/25650#post_13005155

Thanks, missed that part 2).

So if there is net drain, it's not possible to keep Mojo always on? Any DAC needs several hours of running before they sound the best, so practically only way to use DACs is to keep them on all the time.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #25,755 of 42,765
Thanks, missed that part 2).

So if there is net drain, it's not possible to keep Mojo always on? Any DAC needs several hours of running before they sound the best, so practically only way to use DACs is to keep them on all the time.

Again, that is an assumption on your part. I haven't found any difference from burn-in or being left on for several hours before the Mojo sounds its best. Many users have reported the Mojo sounds great 10 minutes after being turned on, including the designer of the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back